Sponsored

What other cars did you consider before you decided on your Mustang?

EvilMerlin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
201 GT350 - Lead Foot Grey with Black stripes.
nice. Yeah I did a MBRP race exhaust. Loud, everyone says it sounds sick. They also asked what’s done to the car and the only thing done is the exhaust... possibly a few upgrades coming later on.

That's what I had on the old car. The drone was a bit annoying at 2750 in 6th.

My new car has the Ford Performance by Borla set up and its nice. Not a loud or as mean sounding, but no drone.

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
None, and I regret it. I should have taken the time to really look at other cars like the Camaro SS. Not because I am unhappy with my 2016 Mustang GT, but because I should have looked at other cars to say I have driven them and see how they actually felt.

3oostdmstng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
I considered a 2017 Toyota 86 before my EB mustang. I went to my local toyota dealer to check it out.
I think the brz/86's are GREAT looking cars, however, the price tag was 29k for a basic interior (didnt even have push start button - I know, silly - but in terms of what you get for the $$, I was a little disappointed). Next disappointment was the power. I know they are "handling" cars but I realized that living in central FL I wasn't going to fully take advantage of its nimbleness, plus I needed AUTO so no point as the manual is the way to go with this car particularly.
Next, I took interest in the mustang. I never really liked the interiors of mustangs (the s197s), I thought they were too 90s looking, so I never considered one. When I saw my 2016 Ignot Silver mustang with 19" wheels (wheel & stripe package) I FELL IN LOVE :like:

Good looks.
Enough space.
Fast enough.
Handles great.
Better interior.

Now, if only Ford could get its S*&t together and work on QUALITY for more reliability (AC issues, as an example), Id become a loyal Mustang buyer.

5.0AVP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rapid Red 401A PP1 GT
I traded in my 15 GT before my son was born. I drove an STi, SS, Stinger GT, Charger Scat Pack and a Fusion Sport. I comsidered an Accord but never drove one. Same with the Type R. I narrowed it down to the Charger and the STI. I ordered an STi but at the last moment I bought an Edge Sport. Figured if I was going to give up the mustang I should go for maximum practicality.

That lasted for just over 2 years and now I'm back in a Mustang. I feel like if I had acted faster and found a new SS with a manual I might still have it. Ultimately, it was the worst car buying experience of my life. Never wanted to get rid of the Mustang but the Edge was nice for those early couple of years.

Sponsored

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
I considered a 2017 Toyota 86 before my EB mustang. I went to my local toyota dealer to check it out.
I think the brz/86's are GREAT looking cars, however, the price tag was 29k for a basic interior (didnt even have push start button - I know, silly - but in terms of what you get for the $$, I was a little disappointed). Next disappointment was the power. I know they are "handling" cars but I realized that living in central FL I wasn't going to fully take advantage of its nimbleness, plus I needed AUTO so no point as the manual is the way to go with this car particularly.
Next, I took interest in the mustang. I never really liked the interiors of mustangs (the s197s), I thought they were too 90s looking, so I never considered one. When I saw my 2016 Ignot Silver mustang with 19" wheels (wheel & stripe package) I FELL IN LOVE :like:

Good looks.
Enough space.
Fast enough.
Handles great.
Better interior.

Now, if only Ford could get its S*&t together and work on QUALITY for more reliability (AC issues, as an example), Id become a loyal Mustang buyer.
Ford get their $*it together to become a LOYAL buyer, huh??

I bought 20 new Harleys in 20 years.
Quality wasn't too bad, though.
Harley couldn't even send me a current P/A catalog.
I couldn't get the dealer to do the PDI correctly on the bikes.

Ths sales manager says; 'we have to get whoever we can to prep the bikes'.

Sorry!!!!!!!!!

DarkHors5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Velocity Blue GT, A10, PP1
My process to getting my Mustang was rather circuitous.

Originally I was looking for something that could be converted for Wheelchair use. It's literally going to be the last car I buy for me.

I liked the Dadmobiles - midsize SUVs For their usefulness.
Toyota Highlander - Almost dropped the coin the dealer would not budge on price.
Kia Sorento - TBH the new trans kept me wary of this one, I had a 14 version with 260K on it, It was great on road trips.
Ford Exploder - way to many options required to not have the 4cyl.
F150 5.0 Wife looked at it on the test drive drive. And said It was UGLY! No seriously it's MUY FEO! get something fun. Suggested I look at the Mustang. Only one that dealer had was a Black 401A PP1 with every option and a bunch of dealer add ons - not my groove

Looked at a fantastic 991 turbo. Resale was not a concern Wife loves the 911 and would keep the car for her fun toy. It was just a bit out of my range but reachable. I told a friend about it and my hesitations The stretch was a bit more than i was comfortable with. She inquired if I'd be pissed if it sold, I said I haven't bought it, and if it goes, it goes, besides it would look great in the garage.
She Bought it. And saved me the maintenance costs - I say that's a win

The 3 series was fun but again with the maintenance.
AMD C43 I enjoyed the drive but didn't grab me
Kia Stinger GT1 no real surprises handled well...But...
Looked at the Supra, its a nice Z4 but I was concerned about the maint. yea it says Toyota, but its still a BMW

Wife commented I like Mustangs, I've owned a few, and I really like the new ones. Locally every one on the used market was
Black,
White
Silver
Red.
All colors I have zero interest in owning again or it was a EB or V6. As it's most likely my last car for me. It had to be Blue, 5.0 and auto.I wasn't even concerned with the stripes. I'd prefer a manual but 1-city traffic, and 2-I want to drive it as long as its safe to do so.

I found 6 in the right color, 2 in the right shade, 1 with the correct options 2+ hours away. There was another one in Georgia and one with the blackout package in Va. I had no interest in the blackout pkg. Waiting to special order was not an option. After all the research, i told the wife about it, and dismissed it due to price.

She made the appt to test drive it. And mad an excuse for me to go with her to get some elastic for masks. It got me out of lockdown so I was happy to make the drive.

Pulled up and the salesman already had it out front waiting in front of a white Shelby Super Snake F150. The Mustang was gorgeous. Obnoxiously bright metallic blue with white stripes. It took all day - literally, and 1 was preparing to leave before we got to an acceptable price. It worked out and It's in the garage.

The IRS is nice. It helped get rid of most of the vagueness that's plagued Mustangs handling for ever. They are still stupidly heavy with a seriously fat ass on them. I smile everytime I get in it. That alone is money well spent

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
The only other car I considered was a Corvette. Mustangs and vettes are the only two cars I really like.
You got a badass Mustang because you wanted to roast those over priced corvette lol

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
You got a badass Mustang because you wanted to roast those over priced corvette lol
Haven't gotten the chance yet but hopefully this summer! Lol

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
The only car I ever considered and to make it a little faster is a Mustang because I’m stuck with it.

My work truck is a Ford and my family vehicle is a Toyota.

Sponsored

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Haven't gotten the chance yet but hopefully this summer! Lol
You can smoke them while you’re in 4th gear lol.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
You can smoke them while you’re in 4th gear lol.
Maybe lol depends which model. They're light and have better aero. My car is a heavy beast with all my additional shit :cwl:

Sound Wave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50th Anniversary Limited Edition MT
Vehicle Showcase
A long time ago, I had the 90 Miata. Of all the cars I have owned, it was the most fun to drive.

To an extent, I believe in the saying, "It is more fun to drive a slow car fast than to drive a fast car slow". That is especially true in a small place like Hawaii.

I was set on getting the new Miata hardtop but decided to rent one from Turo to get an idea on how it would be to live with... Not just a 20 minute test drive. Apparently I am much older and the seats REALLY didn't agree with my back, so along came Mustang #5.

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Maybe lol depends which model. They're light and have better aero. My car is a heavy beast with all my additional shit :cwl:
Lol those great additions are necessary especially the sound system.
Sponsored