Sponsored

Getting ready to do forced induction - need opinions

bahasad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium, 14 BMW F30 Stage 1
Looking to get opinions on a supercharger for my 5.0 ... eyeing buying one in the next week or so.
Requirements: RELIABLE power, MINIMAL maintenance, resaleability, minimal heat soak

So finally after 3 years, I am ready to upgrade to a supercharger. Have wanted to since I bought the car, but life and other stuff came in the way. The car is a 2017, with all the mods in my signature. I'm hoping for around 550 wheel horsepower. I daily drive my car, 200 miles a week. Both in city and highway. I live in the northeast and do drive the car when its colder out. (around 40-50). I don't want to do anything crazy, just looking for a slight upgrade.

I have been eyeing a Procharger P1SC or P1X setup. It seems to make sense for me because it until 3000-3500, car drives stock, and beyond that it really gives that extra power I want. Should be easy to install/remove in the future. I don't know how reliable the units are if I plan on putting at least 20-30k miles on it. Any other suggestions?
Sponsored

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I never had street tires with my supercharger car so I’m out of that question. I got my car hooking with my dr’s on first gears so I’m really happy with it.
I would suggest tires and a few more suspension like the irs brace and cb005. Good luck and you’ll enjoy any supercharger. All cars drives stock until your right foot gets happy lol.

OP
OP

bahasad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I never had street tires with my supercharger car so I’m out of that question. I got my car hooking with my dr’s on first gears so I’m really happy with it.
I would suggest tires and a few more suspension like the irs brace and cb005. Good luck and you’ll enjoy any supercharger. All cars drives stock until your right foot gets happy lol.
How long have you had your setup?
Hows the power/drivability?
Any issues...

My setup would likely be the exact same as yours...luckily i have Steeda's stop the hop kit on my car. I also have an auto with 3:55 gears.

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
How long have you had your setup?
Hows the power/drivability?
Any issues...

My setup would likely be the exact same as yours...luckily i have Steeda's stop the hop kit on my car. I also have an auto with 3:55 gears.
I love how my car run and the drivability is awesome as well. No issues and the car drives like a maniac once I’m above 3.5 k rpm. You’ll enjoy it I promise you.

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Had it over year without any hiccups. I just switched to Lund tune and it drives even more crazier. I’m roasting tires up to 3rd gear no problem. The best thing I have with this setup is, I don’t feel like I’m stressing the trans and it’s badass going up top.

Sponsored

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Go to FI section and they’ll school me lol

Jordanfmeyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Looking to get opinions on a supercharger for my 5.0 ... eyeing buying one in the next week or so.
Requirements: RELIABLE power, MINIMAL maintenance, resaleability, minimal heat soak

So finally after 3 years, I am ready to upgrade to a supercharger. Have wanted to since I bought the car, but life and other stuff came in the way. The car is a 2017, with all the mods in my signature. I'm hoping for around 550 wheel horsepower. I daily drive my car, 200 miles a week. Both in city and highway. I live in the northeast and do drive the car when its colder out. (around 40-50). I don't want to do anything crazy, just looking for a slight upgrade.

I have been eyeing a Procharger P1SC or P1X setup. It seems to make sense for me because it until 3000-3500, car drives stock, and beyond that it really gives that extra power I want. Should be easy to install/remove in the future. I don't know how reliable the units are if I plan on putting at least 20-30k miles on it. Any other suggestions?
Procharger will not disappoint you. I have the P1X complete kit on my gt350 and it was worth the money. I would recommend going the “X” series such as P1x or D1x. Several members on here run them and have had great results including myself. And Procharger is a very good company, at least they have been in my experiences with them. Always very helpful if you call and will take the time just to talk with you rather than try to hurry you off the phone.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2

What set up did you go with?, my 2019 Mustang GT Premium with PP1 only has 550 miles so I will put off until winter. I want a drivable and reliable car with what ever system I go with. From what some of the performance shops have said this year and above can handle 800-900 Dyno H with little modifications and are street reliable, drivable, with respect to forced induction. Let me know your progress. Thanks

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
What set up did you go with?, my 2019 Mustang GT Premium with PP1 only has 550 miles so I will put off until winter. I want a drivable and reliable car with what ever system I go with. From what some of the performance shops have said this year and above can handle 800-900 Dyno H with little modifications and are street reliable, drivable, with respect to forced induction. Let me know your progress. Thanks
At that level I do hope you are planning to custom tune for e85 and supporting mods.

Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
At that level I do hope you are planning to custom tune for e85 and supporting mods.
I will make all necessary upgrade enhancements as well as going to E85 which runs cooler in a supercharger system to control detonation. From what I have been told, Axles, drive shafts, maybe some rear support arm changes to control wheel hop. Lethal Performance has really been helping out. One thing I have learned through out my pst years of racing is, dyno shops, street racing performance shops know exactly what it takes to reach certain power levels and know where the weak areas are. Cannot overlook safety. Post updates when you get them. Later

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
You're on the right track.

Prochargers are very durable and have a simplistic install. I would go P1X.

Message me, we can go into some techy stuff together.. and pricing.
No problem. And one thing I can tell you about me is: I am very realist in my building performance cars, motor cycles ETC, I know some times shit just breaks no matter how hard you try, thats part of the game. Thanks

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
OP
OP

bahasad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're on the right track.

Prochargers are very durable and have a simplistic install. I would go P1X.

Message me, we can go into some techy stuff together.. and pricing.
Sent PM

Logan@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 3.0L Whipple
No problem. And one thing I can tell you about me is: I am very realist in my building performance cars, motor cycles ETC, I know some times shit just breaks no matter how hard you try, thats part of the game. Thanks
It's part of the process.. get's frustrating at times but always pans out. Let me know if you ever want to talk about some FI.
Sponsored