v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Suspect they couldn’t have homoglated it as easily/at all if they put the CJ manifold on there. Pedestrian impact regs and a taller manifold don’t gel well.
My initial disappointment is starting to wain as I look at it more. 480 reliable bhp is fine for me.

It would be nice if they had offered the auto on the HP version (imagine if the offered the universal best auto zf8hp box!) and it would benefit from properly widened front wings like the gt350, not those terrible black plastic wheel arch extensions, which for me is the only real visual failing.

I don’t think I could bring myself to buy the HP and know I had to spend quite a bit more on aftermarket front bodywork and brakes.

Ford should have put front wings like this on it...
[
upload_2020-6-28_8-36-19.jpeg
I suspect a base street version would be a more sensible purchase for me. If I really wanted track handling then buying one of the last new gt350s would be a better bet.
Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I just hope Ford offers a 4.30 rear gear option. If Ford offered a 4.30 rear gear option , we would then have a 4.30 geared pumpkin for sale in the Ford performance catalog like the 3.73 geared pumpkin they now offer. I would then wait until next year to get a Mach 1. Right now , I don't want to wait, I am wanting a new Mustang now.

John_B

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Sold
Tried and true 5.0 paired with Tremec with Shelby bits and parts? No further questions!! I just found the S550 I always wanted!
That’s the simple way to look at it. But apparently nobody else is happy lol.

The only thing I’m hesitant about is price, or else this could be my next car. The MT-82 is not an option for me. So regular GT with A10 or if this isn’t crazy priced a manual Mach 1.

evh5150vanhalen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
That’s the simple way to look at it. But apparently nobody else is happy lol.

The only thing I’m hesitant about is price, or else this could be my next car. The MT-82 is not an option for me. So regular GT with A10 or if this isn’t crazy priced a manual Mach 1.
It could be 1000hp drag car that’s able to do a road course, have a shaker hood and an interior that rivals the nicest luxury cars and some people would still complain.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Aero schmero I just wish they could put a cool hood on the car rather than a cheap stripe.
It really would have been nice but besides the aero the plumbing required to make it active actually hurt performance. So it would have been solely cosmetic. Can you imagine the number of bitchy posts about that? It was a lose lose for Ford. I believe they did the best they could.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It really would have been nice but besides the aero the plumbing required to make it active actually hurt performance. So it would have been solely cosmetic. Can you imagine the number of bitchy posts about that? It was a lose lose for Ford. I believe they did the best they could.
Yeah I get it that it might have just been cosmetic and that some people would complain about that. However, I think it would have been a net win for Ford as far as sales and reputation/influence/cool factor go. I personally would not have preferred the shaker - I think it would look odd on the S550. But I do think some of the hood ideas I've seen on here are really good.

FlatRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N0404
Ford didn't want to spend the extra money is the real reason. Thats also the reason for no pedestal wing.
I assume you are an engineer at Ford since you said that with such certainty, maybe you can enlighten us on some other facts about the new Mach 1 we are missing?

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
So, this one was TT001 (can't recall if TT is Tool Trial or Tooling Tryout) :like:
21MY Mach 1 TT001.jpg
the other two were JP001and JP002 right? those are prototypes correct?

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
VP001 & 2 (vehicle prototype).

Certainly Jim Owens stated those two VP were the only two Mach 1s in the world at they were both at Tulsa

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
So here's what the aftermarket needs to do. Do you need to make an insert for where the faux headlight covers are. Some sort of a screen like material keep the bugs out and allow more airflow. Now that would be much cooler than a shaker hood. It would be excellent if you put a blower on or if you're tracking the car.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
A shaker hood would look like absolute crap on an S550. And I had one in my ex-1970. A gimmick IMO.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone actually seen a S550 with a Mach 1 style shaker? Please post pics if you have. I haven't so no idea if it would look of not. I bet the aftermarket will come us with a cosmetic version of the Shaker and probably NACA ducts as well. Remember this is a Mustang!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
So here's what the aftermarket needs to do. Do you need to make an insert for where the faux headlight covers are. Some sort of a screen like material keep the bugs out and allow more airflow. Now that would be much cooler than a shaker hood. It would be excellent if you put a blower on or if you're tracking the car.
I read somewhere that the inserts will be removable. If they are, the screens might already be there. If not, I'm sure the aftermarket will grant your wish.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
I believe it said it had 50% more down force than the performance pack, which most of us call the PP1 and the PP2 has more down force than the PP1. Now what that difference is, I don't know off hand, but it's probably not that much.
Sponsored