Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I am looking at getting new tires for the Gt350 and part of me wants to go big by getting the Pilot Sport Cup 2s.

But then I realize in my last 30k miles I have only been to a track once. So do i really need Pilot Sport Cup 2s or should i just get Pilot Super Sports again? I've also looked at the pilot sport 4s but the 35 ratio is not availible which causes wheel well gaps and speedodomiter differences.

PSC2 has very noticable trambling which I would deal with if I was going to the track.
Also since it is a daily driver wet weather performance is a concern.
Sponsored

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I have the Cup 2's on my 2019 GT350. They do tramline on bumpy roads. They also have a wear factor of 180 and therefore their life expectancy is limited. The Cup 2's on the regular GT350 have far better traction in the rain than do the Cup 2's that Ford puts on the GT350R. (different rubber chemistry) I've been caught in the rain several times and they are quite acceptable. That said, once I use up the Cup 2's I'll be going to the Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Great all around tire with good wear factor number.

fpGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Dodge Viper RT10, 09 Mercedes AMG C63, 18 Shelby GT350
I'm still on OEM tires with 5700 miles on the car. How many miles can I expect before needing to replace my OEM Super Sports. 100% non-aggressive street driving, no track.

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I'm still on OEM tires with 5700 miles on the car. How many miles can I expect before needing to replace my OEM Super Sports. 100% non-aggressive street driving, no track.
The answer is quite speculative and subjective as there are so many factors that come into play with each individual's driving habits. Sounds like you are not beating the car up so I'd guess around 30K miles before you need new replacement tires.

Sponsored

proeagles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2019 BMW X3, 2019 Honda Civic
I'd stay away from the Cup 2 simply because they won't last long and while the compound sticks better in the rain, they don't have enough tread depth to evacuate water in a serious rain event or roads that don't drain well. When mine wear out, I will be going with the PSS tires.

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
My car came with PSS and they seem to be a good compromise in terms of street and track use. They perform well on roads (with some tramlining) and they do a good job on the track as well. I have 3500 miles on mine so far which includes 250 minutes of track use and they are holding up well. Rain performance (street and track) is also fine.

Crashjr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 2500, 2015 JK, 1970 Mach1
Just replaced the Cup 2 on my 2019 with the PSS, so much better for on road use especially the rutted roads around here, tramlining is almost all gone, got caught in some bad rain Thursday and very pleased with the performance.

dg108

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I actually went with Pilot Sport A/S 3+ here in Maine so I can drive 8-9 months with confidence. I can't push it hard enough on the roads here to surpass the limits of them. Kept the Sport Cup 2's so I can buy wheels for them if I decide to track it at some point. Had PS4's on my GT-R previously, a lot like PSS, and thought very highly of them. Only went with A/S 3 on the GT350 due to RWD and wanting a little more security in rain, sandy roads, light snow.

ZaChickster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Only have had my 2019 for a month. Getting an oil change soon at ~ 1000 miles and at that time will swap out the Sport Cup 2's that came from the factory with Pilot Super Sports for this very reason (based on what I've learned on this forum). When I decide to track it, will swap tires. If only there were reasonable all season tires. While I don't plan on driving in snow; we get plenty of sunny and dry 20 degree days here in the Denver metro. Afraid I'll end up getting winter tires as well so I can drive it in the colder months.

Sponsored

dg108

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
The A/S 3+ are great for all season, I forget I'm even on all season tires. I didn't see a purpose in having summer and Cup 2 sets of tires.

ZaChickster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
The A/S 3+ are great for all season, I forget I'm even on all season tires. I didn't see a purpose in having summer and Cup 2 sets of tires.
Not quite brave enough to get a different tire size and have to reset the speedometer so the computer is accurate. At the very least there are low temperature options if I square them off at 295 all the way around.

dg108

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Not quite brave enough to get a different tire size and have to reset the speedometer so the computer is accurate. At the very least there are low temperature options if I square them off at 295 all the way around.
No need, I am running 265/40 front and 275/40 rear and they are pretty much dead on. There is a thread on here where they are discussed and were recommended by a tire shop owner, that's where I got the size info. Can't just go by size as some tires are just wider than others. PS4 are wider than many for example.

ZaChickster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
No need, I am running 265/40 front and 275/40 rear and they are pretty much dead on. There is a thread on here where they are discussed and were recommended by a tire shop owner, that's where I got the size info. Can't just go by size as some tires are just wider than others. PS4 are wider than many for example.
Interesting. Based on a quick online calculator those sizes only drop the car's height 1/4 inch on all four corners. Will have to check it out. Do those sizes fit on the stock rims?

dg108

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Interesting. Based on a quick online calculator those sizes only drop the car's height 1/4 inch on all four corners. Will have to check it out. Do those sizes fit on the stock rims?
Yes, perfectly. There is a pic in that thread.
Sponsored