Sponsored

why did you sell your bullitt

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I am on both sides of the argument. IM right with ya on Nothing beats a manual. But in todays world. Everything is so congested that manuals other then racing are becoming a chore. Every person I know who owned and drove manuals and sung their praises now drives an automatic. LOL. Myself included. No matter how we feel about manuals the truth is they are now down to only 2.8 percent of all automobile sales and keep falling each year and electrics have no transmission. so unfortunately manuals days are numbered. NO matter how much we few love them.
Huh, IMO a manual is the same as an automatic when you are cruising down the highway at a constant speed. If you like a manual you like it. If shifting is a chore then I guess you really just don't like a manual transmission. I'd much rather have a manual if I'm going to be in traffic, because it gives me something to do besides brake, gas, gas, brake.

Oh and the Bullitt is mega cool. Love it.
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I am on both sides of the argument. IM right with ya on Nothing beats a manual. But in todays world. Everything is so congested that manuals other then racing are becoming a chore. Every person I know who owned and drove manuals and sung their praises now drives an automatic. LOL. Myself included.
So what do you suppose happened along the way? Serious question.

Now you at least know of a couple of 70-somethings who still won't buy an automatic even for the daily driver/mindless errand-runner/family sedan function. I'd say commuter function as well, except I think that's permanently in our past. Wouldn't make any difference if it wasn't, though.

Norm

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Exactly my story. Needed a new car to go back & forth from central NJ to NE Philly. 75 miles a day. My wife says “get something sporty”. This was 2015 so I tried the “new” Mustang. The EB Premium fit the bill perfectly. Two years later I retired and decided it was time for my 1st toy and most likely last V8. Really wanted a Bullitt but the manual killed that idea. After 51,000 trouble free miles I traded in Ruby and bought Cali. I love the V8, but there are days I really miss Ruby.
8336227A-F9F0-479A-9FB0-BCA5842A9EA6.jpeg
What do you miss about the ecoboost ?

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
What do you miss about the ecoboost ?
I do not miss the EcoBoost engine nor the 6R80 tranny, but I miss the car in its entirety. 51k virtually trouble free miles in 3 years. That said the EcoBoost proved to be a strong reliable motor. But it’s no Coyote. :)

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
I do not miss the EcoBoost engine nor the 6R80 tranny, but I miss the car in its entirety. 51k virtually trouble free miles in 3 years. That said the EcoBoost proved to be a strong reliable motor. But it’s no Coyote. :)
thanks for the info. I have a '17 ecoboost premium and I love it. I'm looking to upgrade to the Mach 1 . :wink:

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
if the bullitt had a tremic I would still have it.
What opioid are you on? You are either just posting to "stir the pot" or you really are on some type of mind altering drug. You bought a A10 GT, traded that for a Bullitt, traded that for another A10 GT and then traded that for a GT 350? The other funny thing you probably don't realize about this thread is that you seem to have agreed with yourself in one post (last post on page 5). Out of all the funny stuff you have said in your 84 posts, that was easily the most humorous. Can't wait to see your next one. My advice to you is to stay off the internet.

Sponsored

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
What opioid are you on? You are either just posting to "stir the pot" or you really are on some type of mind altering drug. You bought a A10 GT, traded that for a Bullitt, traded that for another A10 GT and then traded that for a GT 350? The other funny thing you probably don't realize about this thread is that you seem to have agreed with yourself in one post (last post on page 5). Out of all the funny stuff you have said in your 84 posts, that was easily the most humorous. Can't wait to see your next one. My advice to you is to stay off the internet.
Why are you so triggered?? Lol

I agree with his post, if my GT had a tremec, I'd still own it too

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
with the 0% apr and 84 mo i was tempted to trade my 15 gt for a new one, only thing i found at the price i wanted, was a bullitt... only reason i didn't trade the car at the end is because i didnt want THAT manual transmission... the a10 is just too fast... and i already have 2 other MT cars at the house...

unless my left knee gets all fucked up, i'll always have at least 1 MT car at home... next goal? i want a 991.2 gt3 as my MT at home

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Why are you so triggered?? Lol

I agree with his post, if my GT had a tremec, I'd still own it too
LOL not triggered whatever that means here......read his posts if you want a good laugh....at least the ones in this thread.

RaceRed_PP1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack 1
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah that’s pretty subjective. I test drove both and chose the manual despite it being slower because for me it was way more engaging to drive. In fact I cut the test drive on the auto short after a couple of minutes because I knew right away I didn’t want it. The calculation for me was this simple, when it comes to my driving enjoyment , how often will I be timing my 0-60 runs? And the answer is never. It’s all about the fun factor , and for me that made the manual the clearly superior choice.
Sponsored