Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
So, I'm curious. I meant to ask this a while ago acutally.
Do the Whipple and VMP guys get updates as well, (without doing mods of course), or is this just a thing with Roush?

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Guys r talking track rental July 27th
I may go, air probably won’t be great but only 15 cars gives me time to race with no weasels in the lanes

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I may go, air probably won’t be great but only 15 cars gives me time to race with no weasels in the lanes
jyhrwwmmjuo11.jpg

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
So, I'm curious. I meant to ask this a while ago acutally.
Do the Whipple and VMP guys get updates as well, (without doing mods of course), or is this just a thing with Roush?
Whipple has an automated system where you put in a ticket with your vin and sc sn and it checks to see if you’re on the latest cal. If not, they link you to the latest one that you download onto the handheld device and flash yourself. I’ve updated mine countless times. The neat thing is that the Oem ford revisions are also included with the Whipple updates.

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
Got my car back with phase 2 kit installed.
Everything looked good but in the way back home, I heard some kind of metallic, plastic rattling noise, not loud noise coming from the front area. Sounded like it was not coming from the motor so I just brought it back home. Anyone what could it be?

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I alluded to that but your situation is a little different being that you're talking about lower payments with a newer car. But, I wouldn't buy a Roush kit in AZ unless all your going to do is roll race like our boy 420 and another poster from az who used to be on here. It is 100% good for that as long as you don't mind shifting manually at 123mph, lol
i think folks are confused about my opinion about this kit. I have no issues with the money I’ve spent on my car. Even in AZ. I state the facts.

i don’t roll race. I go to the drag strip. But when I do roll race. I’ve won 99% of the time.

I don’t have to manually shift at any speed. P2 is miles better than p1 in AZ

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
To me. Sounds like buyers remorse. Go buy a c8 or hellcat and settle.

400 pages later and there are less than 10 people with drag times on this thread

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
i hate to be that other guy from AZ. But let’s see that 11.5

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
Got my car back with phase 2 kit installed.
Everything looked good but in the way back home, I heard some kind of metallic, plastic rattling noise, not loud noise coming from the front area. Sounded like it was not coming from the motor so I just brought it back home. Anyone what could it be?
I think I explained the noise quite vague.
I am hearing high pitch noise which is very similar to the procharger sound, but it is very minimal and can barely hear the noise, couldn't tell if it is a normal sound or not. It is my first boosted car and got tons of stuff to learn.
Can you guys chime in and see if you guys also have the noise? Seemed like it is coming from the pulley/belt.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
To me. Sounds like buyers remorse. Go buy a c8 or hellcat and settle.

400 pages later and there are less than 10 people with drag times on this thread
Part of the problem is they shut down tracks in a lot of area for months, there now just opening on sat snd sun

Frank had the rental months ago but a week before Atco screwed us due to the Rona, I agree I’m very happy with my P2 but if Roush wants to give us an update to the tune and it makes some things better I’m all for it.

Street racing isn't too smart, I’m not losing my license, so I’ll wait for the tracks to get more TNT days.

I wanna race, I didn’t supercharge it to just drive around on the street. :like:

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I think I explained the noise quite vague.
I am hearing high pitch noise which is very similar to the procharger sound, but it is very minimal and can barely hear the noise, couldn't tell if it is a normal sound or not. It is my first boosted car and got tons of stuff to learn.
Can you guys chime in and see if you guys also have the noise? Seemed like it is coming from the pulley/belt.
When mine gets into boost it very much makes a procharger like sound. There's a high pitched sound coming from my supercharger also. Tech was a little concerned and told me to bring it in but seems to be working fine.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
i think folks are confused about my opinion about this kit. I have no issues with the money I’ve spent on my car. Even in AZ. I state the facts.

i don’t roll race. I go to the drag strip. But when I do roll race. I’ve won 99% of the time.

I don’t have to manually shift at any speed. P2 is miles better than p1 in AZ
I forgot about your track times but the iats2's you posted are pretty nuts with that az heat. Anyways, i'd be curious to see you and him meet at the same track with his current setup. He has some pretty good times for an NA setup. Not sure the track or conditions.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
When really cold, I heard sort of a whistling sound from mine....but I do think it was the belt. It went away when warmed up and hasn't done it at all since the weather is now warm. My SC makes no noise at all that I can hear. Under heavy throttle, maybe the exhaust drowns it out but it does not sound any different than stock except the sound is a bit more intense and ferocious.

If the game is roll racing from 3rd gear on, I would say the Roush P2 is strong. The let-down with my cal is the first 2 shifts and that hurts at the drag strip. The thing that concerned me prior to purchase was the reported heatsoak issue. I no longer have any real concerns about that. I can't see any more decline in performance in 90 degree weather than I saw when naturally aspirated. My 1/8 to 1/4 mile time was nearly identical whether the DA was 1200 or 2800 so it can't be pulling much timing.

Teej

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 401A, PP2 & 2017 Mazda 6 6spd
Does anyone know if Roush tunes out the stock top speed limiter?
It does not remove it. Same stock limiter. Once my warranty is up then I may look into a different tune to go with "possibly" headers, and removing the stock limiter. Not sure if I want loud obnoxious headers, but the limiter will eventually be a problem as I may start doing half mile events. I want to go to one first to see what speed I can ever get to anyway to see if it is an issue, but I have a feeling I will eventually need to swap out the rear diff gear to get higher top speed in 4th.