2020 GT500's Scheduled For Production - Part 2

SPR1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt 2013 Mustang GT
So happy to see others rockin forward! Just received my JLT Rock Blockers. While you wait, you’ll want to order these. Too bad not painted but guess one could get touch up kit or go professional. Regardless nice to keep the rocks from flipping up!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
So happy to see others rockin forward! Just received my JLT Rock Blockers. While you wait, you’ll want to order these. Too bad not painted but guess one could get touch up kit or go professional. Regardless nice to keep the rocks from flipping up!
I'm waiting for the Jaeger Brothers blockers. They have been the best for my Rs

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Curtis: I tweaked it a little. <smile>

earls-raptor.jpg

You just gave me a great idea....

In honor of Earl, would a big snoopy decal be a big deal to fabricate for the big event at Daytona?

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland

SEERED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500-LOUDMOUTH LIME
Kent and Tom, I was hoping you would add on and if Anthony @FORD PERFORMANCE got plenty of notice with #FORD PERFORMANCE and then FORD PERFORMANCE will feel obligated to be FORD PERFORMANCE. FORD PERFORMANCE analytics should grabbing these occurrences and showing some gratitude to the Earl of Snoopy49.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I saw that! Would that mean the panels are being placed? Cause as far as I know Ford doesn't do the striping at the plant and is sent out, unless Body Shop is that. Earl fill in the details :D
The body shop is where they assembly all body panels and get them ready for paint. Striping is done after the car rolls off the assembly line produced. The vinyl striping is done in house by Ford and has it's own area inside the plant. The painted stripes are done at Penske.

Were you talking about the Trim Line?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
You aren’t Penskes customer,Ford is.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
The body shop is where they assembly all body panels and get them ready for paint. Striping is done after the car rolls off the assembly line produced. The vinyl striping is done in house by Ford and has it's own area inside the plant. The painted stripes are done at Penske.

Were you talking about the Trim Line?
No, I remember back in '16 when I was waiting for my Cali Spec. there was someone who was getting OT Stripes and it was sent out cause he had to wait an extra 14 days, so back then he found out that the car was sent out to get done by a 3rd party unless things changed since then. But I figured the body shop was the panels just wanted to make sure.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
No, I remember back in '16 when I was waiting for my Cali Spec. there was someone who was getting OT Stripes and it was sent out cause he had to wait an extra 14 days, so back then he found out that the car was sent out to get done by a 3rd party unless things changed since then. But I figured the body shop was the panels just wanted to make sure.
The vinyl stripes are done by Ford now, no sub-contractors involved and it is all done in house.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
The vinyl stripes are done by Ford now, no sub-contractors involved and it is all done in house.
Thats awesome news, then that will shorten my wait time, so I could in essence have this by the end of July depending on it gets to Iowa. (Most likely rail)

dsz blade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT PP1
Picked up my car this morning. Dealership was great to work with. Mine was the first of their 3 orders to come in. I’m not sure if the hose was snagged or not when it arrived but when I picked it up, it was properly seated in the channel. I had mentioned it to them earlier this week.

They got me in an out really quick - the trip one took longer just to get there. I’m much happier with the GT500 than the 5.0 I traded, especially with the color.

Skwibbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT500, '17 2SS (previous)
Hey guys,

Long time lurker here for well over a year but not new to car forums (6th gen 2SS), order was placed 7/17/19 and got my VIN a while back before the shutdown; 1FA6P8SJ9L5501993 and last I heard the car was out of production and into inspection.

Was hoping for some more up to date info since this seems to be the place to get it. Definitely appreciate any kind of response and look forward to officially posting pics when I pick it up. Kona blue, handling, tech, carbon dash, recaros, black roof. So so excited, feels like I've been waiting an eternity.

Happy to be a new member to the group.