Ontheedge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2019 K6383
Hi
My 2019 bullitt had clicking noise on the passengerside, i found out that it was the frame of the seat wich are fastened with bolts to the floor. The bolt on the outside on the back that was clicking. I loosened the bolt and puched the brace down to the floor, and it sounded like it clicked in som grove. Then i retitened the bolt. NO more clicking noise.
Sponsored

gatormark91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 401A Velocity Blue
Eh, nevermind. It ain't fixed.

Back on the phone with Ford CSM tomorrow. Time to drop the suggestion that they RAV it or do I need to start Florida Lemon Law process? Ford into this for $2500 so far to fix a stupid creak in the seat that's been driving me nuts for months, has cost me weeks of use of my new car... I'm tired of this already..
So Greenway Ford in Orlando decided they can't fix the seat clicking and told Ford to tell me to pound dirt. Said I should try another dealer. I guess they are tired of eating the labor Ford was forcing them to give up.

I told Ford CSM - fix/replace the seat, reacquire the vehicle, or give me their address to send the letter I'm required to send by registered mail to start the Florida Lemon Law process

So right now, waiting to hear from the Ford "Buyback Response Team". It's pitiful that this dealership is so bad, I even have to deal with the BRT.

Sad thing is, I can't touch it myself until I jump through all the hoops. The car is going to get bought back (stupid waste), or not. Only if they refuse to cover it, and Lemon Law arbitration does not get judged in my favor, can I then even touch it to fix it myself. And if that happens, I WILL fix it. Just pissed at the incompetence.

3AlarmStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Oxford White EcoBoost Auto
The click I have been experiencing I find is temporarily resolved by adjusting the pitch of the seat back. It will click after 2-3 drives when I take off or brake (harder) but if I lean it forward or backwards (doesn't matter as long as I am adjusting it, even if it is one click) it goes away. Very annoying.. I also have a rattle that comes and goes in the trim panel immediately next to the seat back (not the door but the panel that is next to you if you are in the back seat). I noticed barely applying pressure to it makes it subside. I find both very annoying especially the seat. Knowing how the dealer limbo goes I am going to wait a bit before taking it. Just wanted to update everyone.

gatormark91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At this point, with the list of parts they have replaced, and poking around on a lot of forums for other Ford models, I am almost 100% sure the creak/click is the seat cooling unit in the seat back. But since Greenway Ford told me to go away, I have to wait for Ford Corporate to do their bit with the RAV process, then Florida Lemon Law, before I can get it back in the dealership for them to have one more go at it. Still waiting to hear for Ford, was promised 3-5 days and today is day 5.

gatormark91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At this point, with the list of parts they have replaced, and poking around on a lot of forums for other Ford models, I am almost 100% sure the creak/click is the seat cooling unit in the seat back. But since Greenway Ford told me to go away, I have to wait for Ford Corporate to do their bit with the RAV process, then Florida Lemon Law, before I can get it back in the dealership for them to have one more go at it. Still waiting to hear for Ford, was promised 3-5 days and today is day 5.
Well, as they promised I've been updated from Ford CSM....

Ford is buying back my car.

So if anyone sees a 2019 Velocity Blue 401A, 7K miles, with 20 inch wheel option at the auction some day... check the driver's seat and see if it squeaks.

Sponsored

Davidj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I had this issue for 6 months. Tried a few things, didn't work. Dealer was hopeless. I finally went to remove the seat and noticed when the seat bolt in the corner (where the noise was coming from) was loosened, the click stopped immediately. So I put a rubber washer under it, re-tightened, click hasn't returned. Might be a one off case with mine, but it's worth a try if this is driving you nuts.

Nikko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue GT PP1
I FINALLY FOUND IT. So its been bugging me for weeks on the passenger seat clicking, and it only happened when I had a passenger sitting on the seat. So I had the gf sit in it and rocked back and forth and I heard the clicking in the bottom-right-rear corner. I put pressure on the Lever for the seat tilt and had her rock again. Sure enough no clicking.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I FINALLY FOUND IT. So its been bugging me for weeks on the passenger seat clicking, and it only happened when I had a passenger sitting on the seat. So I had the gf sit in it and rocked back and forth and I heard the clicking in the bottom-right-rear corner. I put pressure on the Lever for the seat tilt and had her rock again. Sure enough no clicking.
But did you fix it?

Sponsored

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
So here's my story about seat clicking. I get a passenger seat click only when my 100lb girlfriend is in the seat. I have a manual so doesn't know how to drive so I have had to rely on her to pinpoint the sound. She said it was coming from the lower rear by the adjustment handle.

I investigate there and it sounds like she's right but I can't make it stop. I take off the side plastic cladding and then I can clearly hear the sound comes from the front. After investigating more it's the front right foot area. I can pus the plastic rail guard trim very gently and it makes the sound. Ah ha!

I take off the railing plastic trim, it still clicks.

I then discover my seat rail screw is loose! I can push it and it wiggles around and clicks in its frame. I find the nut is cross threaded and has chewed up grooves. I fix that and tighten it back up, it still clicks!

Then I realize it's not the screw or anything, it's where the foot of the metal meets the metal of the car. I unbolt the front right bolt, and put thin foam 3m padding with adhesive on the backside down around all the edges. NO MORE CLICK.

I noticed that it seems like the seat is slid slightly forward, the hole where the bolt goes through is not quite aligned/centered with the hole you screw into. My suspicion now is my passenger seat was mounted slightly too far forward and under stress/g-forces of driving the metal sometimes makes contact with a part of the car it normally shouldn't touch? That is the best I got.

So far it seems like my click is gone.

I know these cars CAN be silent because my 2019 GT was.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
So here's my story about seat clicking. I get a passenger seat click only when my 100lb girlfriend is in the seat. I have a manual so doesn't know how to drive so I have had to rely on her to pinpoint the sound. She said it was coming from the lower rear by the adjustment handle.

I investigate there and it sounds like she's right but I can't make it stop. I take off the side plastic cladding and then I can clearly hear the sound comes from the front. After investigating more it's the front right foot area. I can pus the plastic rail guard trim very gently and it makes the sound. Ah ha!

I take off the railing plastic trim, it still clicks.

I then discover my seat rail screw is loose! I can push it and it wiggles around and clicks in its frame. I find the nut is cross threaded and has chewed up grooves. I fix that and tighten it back up, it still clicks!

Then I realize it's not the screw or anything, it's where the foot of the metal meets the metal of the car. I unbolt the front right bolt, and put thin foam 3m padding with adhesive on the backside down around all the edges. NO MORE CLICK.

I noticed that it seems like the seat is slid slightly forward, the hole where the bolt goes through is not quite aligned/centered with the hole you screw into. My suspicion now is my passenger seat was mounted slightly too far forward and under stress/g-forces of driving the metal sometimes makes contact with a part of the car it normally shouldn't touch? That is the best I got.

So far it seems like my click is gone.

I know these cars CAN be silent because my 2019 GT was.
do you have any pic of the bolt you're referring to ?

Thanks

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
do you have any pic of the bolt you're referring to ?

Thanks
The bolt in the center here is what I undid, raised up this foot and put some 3m under, and bolted back down.

Use a torque wrench set to 35lb to make sure you're safe!

Note yours will look different because I currently have the plastic cladding that goes around this part of the seat rail removed.
2DF28E2F-C951-4829-89BA-76CA2EC4FEC2_1_105_c.jpg

Insearch4speed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arnold
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang
The bolt in the center here is what I undid, raised up this foot and put some 3m under, and bolted back down.

Use a torque wrench set to 35lb to make sure you're safe!

Note yours will look different because I currently have the plastic cladding that goes around this part of the seat rail removed.
2DF28E2F-C951-4829-89BA-76CA2EC4FEC2_1_105_c.jpg
This worked perfectly THANK YOU SO MUCH!! Damn clicking was driving me crazy.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium