Sponsored

Can a vert get close to a roofed car in handling with add ons?

Sigster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sig
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Sigster, I too grew up in Central Florida and the roads in N Georgia, NC and E Tennessee are great indeed.
Last time I was down in CF I got really bored with the roads and much harder to find any roads without traffic.
I grew up when there was little traffic in CF and that is hard to imagine now.
It is hard to imagine now! We'd do the drive in the Road Runner and later the C3 Vette from Orlando to New Smyrna Beach at Oh My God speeds. Stupid stupid! Lucky to be alive today... Try that with Orlando area traffic as it is today and the Big Dig downtown, you be lucky to get out of second gear. However, a slow cruise almost anywhere in Florida down A1A on a sunny day with the top down, doesn't get much better than that. That type of experience has kept us out of the GT 350. But we are dreaming about Mach 1 Vert...
Sponsored

Radguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kia Stinger, 2018 Kia Sedona
No sweat, the tires are as I indicated above: 285/35-20 front, 305/35-20 rear, that are the same front-to-rear ratio as my factory PP tires. I went with the 35 profile vs. a 30 profile, I like the slightly more filled fenders, slightly improved ride quality and they're still very low profile (so it's not like they're truck tires).

Wheels are 20x10 ET35 front, and 20x11 ET50 rear, they're a MRR wheels, the model is an M600 in satin black, the offset is very important, that's just about a perfect specification for near flush but without sticking out at all.

https://www.mrrwheels.com/collections/wheels/products/m600

Tires are Nitto 555 G2, they're _ok_, but when I replace them, I'll be switching to a Firestone Firehawk Indy in the same size (they're a fantastic tire according to owners and reviews).
Thanks Masked! That was very helpful. Found a distributor of MMR wheels in Clermont which is not much more than a 10-15 minute drive from our Florida residence. I will get in touch with them.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Thanks Masked! That was very helpful. Found a distributor of MMR wheels in Clermont which is not much more than a 10-15 minute drive from our Florida residence. I will get in touch with them.
Oh yeah, I’m in Florida, we’re up in St Augustine (well, up from Claremont, down from Ontario :D).

MMR has a ton of styles and finishes, the M600 is based on the Ford GT deign. There’s dozens of manufacturers doing a proper fitment for the Mustang you should definitely pop into the wheels discussion area, tons of photos.
Sponsored