Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Thanks, I love how it sounds. No drone and can carry on a normal conversation while cruising.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I like them also and had a plan to first install the Steeda and then install the Roush as a test..... but I didn't after hearing people complain that the Roush set too low for them. If I find a used decently priced set, I will still do the comparison test.

Hmmmm, the reason I like the Roush Axle back is they make black tips

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I like them also and had a plan to first install the Steeda and then install the Roush as a test..... but I didn't after hearing people complain that the Roush set too low for them. If I find a used decently priced set, I will still do the comparison test.

SVE has a kit too, looks to be a copy of the Steeda and Roush

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
I researched that one, it is a copy of a different brand....mayby MBRT or something like that.

SVE has a kit too, looks to be a copy of the Steeda and Roush

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
The H-pipe or X pipe bring the tone and the axle backs ramp up the volume.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Check out the AWE Touring mufflers. Their diamond black tips look great. Sound is top notch, still 0 drone.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I had the Roush Axle Backs & H pipe on my 17 manual and it was awesome. I got the Roush Active Exhaust & H pipe on my 19 and it sounds great too but nothing sounds like those manuals.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
While driving along in normal mode and transmission in D and then floor it, there seems like literally a 1-2 second lull before power comes on. And then my wife was driving the car and I was following her in my other vehicle and had her floor it and sure enough I could hear the exhaust get quiet for 1-2 seconds before it finally starts to roar.

Do you guys with the 10 speed auto notice those type of delays also when you floor it while just rolling along?

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
While driving along in normal mode and transmission in D and then floor it, there seems like literally a 1-2 second lull before power comes on. And then my wife was driving the car and I was following her in my other vehicle and had her floor it and sure enough I could hear the exhaust get quiet for 1-2 seconds before it finally starts to roar.

Do you guys with the 10 speed auto notice those type of delays also when you floor it while just rolling along?
Funny....that is the one area where I am very happy. Floor it at 60 mph and I get immediate drop to 3rd and it takes off like a rocket. No lag on downshift.

It is equally quick at lower or higher speeds. Upshifts bad....downshifts good in my cal.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Car to car and cal to cal it seems like there is some type of quirky behavior.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
As long as we are discussing various quirks, I have another one.

I have the digital dash so it shows what gear it is in at all times. My car will not go into 10th until over 60 mph. Once in 10th, the slightest nudge on the throttle or the slightest little hill, and it drops back to 9th or even lower. I wouldn't say it "hunts" for the right gear. It is just extremely sensitive to downshift.....much moreso than stock.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Funny....that is the one area where I am very happy. Floor it at 60 mph and I get immediate drop to 3rd and it takes off like a rocket. No lag on downshift.

It is equally quick at lower or higher speeds. Upshifts bad....downshifts good in my cal.
We have the same cal

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase

No consistent delay but yes that has happened on occasion. Mine downshifts with a nice tap of the accelerator. Just like stock. I don't have all these tranny problems (except 123mph bug) in normal. My modes SUCK ASSSS with jerks, surges, confussion, and etc., but normal is pretty much like stock. Quick responsive, nice up and downshifts. So much so that I can make it backfire on demand with a quick pump making downshift and then upshift all on it's own within a moment