Sponsored

Clutch options besides Twins

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
The Mcleod RXT is really better than the stock clutch. Very low speed like backing into a spot you may need to slip it a little more. But otherwise it's an excellent clutch with better than stock drivability - IMO.
Sponsored

rs7337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem & 1968 Mustang coupe
sub'ed

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
To me stock drivability is more than a soft pedal it's smooth engagement as well. The RXT twin has a soft pedal due to the very light pressure plate, but they don't offer smooth engagement especially trying to slip it out slowly with a little incline.

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
I have an RST and RXT and a Ram HD Twin disc. All have super light pedal feel, no chatter unless lugging, and slip perfectly fine.

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Well my new motor went in with the SPEC stage 2 plus clutch, i also installed SR performance steel braided clutch line. And I'm happy to report the clutch engagement to this point (still breaking in) is like stock. No chatter, no shuddering just smooth slipping the clutch like stock. The pedal effort with the steeda clutch spring was heavier than stock, but I put back the stock clutch assist spring and now it feels lighter than steeda spring with stock clutch. I'm really impressed with this clutch so far and it's rated for 705 ft lbs so it should be enough. 2 thumbs up for me and cost me $400 shipped.

Sponsored

rs7337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem & 1968 Mustang coupe
Sweet. Keep us posted on how it drives after its good and broken in. I am in the same boat as you when it comes to clutch operation

dsp4848

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic
Well my new motor went in with the SPEC stage 2 plus clutch, i also installed SR performance steel braided clutch line. And I'm happy to report the clutch engagement to this point (still breaking in) is like stock. No chatter, no shuddering just smooth slipping the clutch like stock. The pedal effort with the steeda clutch spring was heavier than stock, but I put back the stock clutch assist spring and now it feels lighter than steeda spring with stock clutch. I'm really impressed with this clutch so far and it's rated for 705 ft lbs so it should be enough. 2 thumbs up for me and cost me $400 shipped.
How are you liking the clutch so far?

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I only had about 200 miles of drive time then put the car away for winter storage. After some break in miles maybe 120 the clutch started to chatter slightly when slipping it slowly with low rpm. It didn't do this at first seems now you need tohave more rpm when slipping the clutch to avoid slight chatter. I won't be taking it back out until mid April. I'll report back then.

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
Spec makes a hybrid option of the Stage2+ that is supposed to have better driveability than the regular Stage 2+ with the same torque holding capacity. I am going to try it out and see how it is.

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Spec makes a hybrid option of the Stage2+ that is supposed to have better driveability than the regular Stage 2+ with the same torque holding capacity. I am going to try it out and see how it is.
Hard to find any information in what the Hybrid options is. I did find on a forum where there was some quoted correspondence form a SPEC tech person, and he said the hybrid option would be a mix between 2 clutches like a stage 2 and 3 mixed.

Sponsored

law242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
In my opinion I loved the Single disk clutch from mcleod in my 1994 5.0. Good engagement, Held the power, great option

mtabers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I only had about 200 miles of drive time then put the car away for winter storage. After some break in miles maybe 120 the clutch started to chatter slightly when slipping it slowly with low rpm. It didn't do this at first seems now you need tohave more rpm when slipping the clutch to avoid slight chatter. I won't be taking it back out until mid April. I'll report back then.
How is the stage 2 still going? I am looking at the Spec Stage 2 + Hybrid Or Exedy Mach 600 for my DD that will be FI in a few years

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
How is the stage 2 still going? I am looking at the Spec Stage 2 + Hybrid Or Exedy Mach 600 for my DD that will be FI in a few years
So it's been over 3 years now and clutch is still going strong my friend, and currently at 795 wheel. It's heavier than the stock clutch, but you get used to it and seems normal after a bit. As for engagement and chatter because it has some ceramic it can shudder and chatter if you slip it too slow without enough rpm, but again you get used to it and learn how to minimize that engagement issue.

dsp4848

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic
So it's been over 3 years now and clutch is still going strong my friend, and currently at 795 wheel. It's heavier than the stock clutch, but you get used to it and seems normal after a bit. As for engagement and chatter because it has some ceramic it can shudder and chatter if you slip it too slow without enough rpm, but again you get used to it and learn how to minimize that engagement issue.
You still on the stock MT82? Street tires?

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Yes...4th getting hard to shift into at WOT.
Sponsored