Sponsored

This is the brand new 2021 Mustang Mach-1

Luckystang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1
If I could get the handling package with the A10 I would be all in. Not sure I want to go back to a manual. My 2011 GT was an automatic, 2015 GT PP1 was a manual. Now I have the 2019 PP1 with a lot of Steeda suspension parts. All around I love the performance the 2019 and the A10. Time will tell, I might change my mind. The Mach 1 does look good.
Sponsored

phsc84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Mach 1 (2021)
Almost the same for me: Iconic silver, no handling package and no stripes. And Tremec is THE selling point for me, not only because of its better overall quality compared to the MT82-D4 but also because of its better gear ratio.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I believe all stripes are fitted at a location very close to the factory (just over the road, if I recall correctly), but not on the production line itself. Hopefully someone can confirm :)
You are correct, assuming past practice is followed. They are fitted in a different building on the plant campus. Also, I am thinking, based on what I have read in other articles, the stripes themselves are an option via "appearance package." Earlier I think we were reading the Fighter Jet Grey is part of an appearance package. I think the ordering will allow for stripes or not and what color of accent on the stripes, except orange. I think if you want Fighter Jet Gray and check "appearance package", you get the stripes with the orange accents only.

I could be wrong about this, of course.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Interesting if, in fact, you will be able to order a Mach stripe delete from the factory.....

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
When I want your opinion I will give it to you! :beer:
In the words of Steve Jobs:

“people don’t know what’s they want until they are shown.”

And I just showed it to you.

you’re welcome.

:)

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
You are correct, assuming past practice is followed. They are fitted in a different building on the plant campus. Also, I am thinking, based on what I have read in other articles, the stripes themselves are an option via "appearance package." Earlier I think we were reading the Fighter Jet Grey is part of an appearance package. I think the ordering will allow for stripes or not and what color of accent on the stripes, except orange. I think if you want Fighter Jet Gray and check "appearance package", you get the stripes with the orange accents only.

I could be wrong about this, of course.
My understanding is that you can only get the Appearance Package (Orange calipers/orange seat stripe/orange pinstripe on the decals) with Fighter Jet Grey

I'm not sure you can option a stripe delete.

My assumption is they all come with the stripe package, but its just the Appearance Package that gives you the Orange accents.

So, the FJG launch car had the Handling Package AND the Appearance Package.

The Velocity Blue launch car didn't have the Appearance Package and yet it still had the stripes.

Again, I could be wrong and I suspect we'll only know for 100% sure when the order guides are released :like:

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
My understanding is that you can only get the Appearance Package (Orange calipers/orange seat stripe/orange pinstripe on the decals) with Fighter Jet Grey

My assumption is they all come with the stripe package, but its just the Appearance Package that gives you the Orange accents.

The Velocity Blue launch car didn't have the Appearance Package and yet it still had the stripes.

Again, I could be wrong and I suspect we'll only know for 100% sure when the order guides are released :like:
my interpretation is that FJG is only available with the appearance package, but you could get the appearance package in colors other than FJG.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Haha....got to say, this can be interpreted several ways!

"Satin Black side and hood stripes are included with reflective accent stripes in any of three colors: Red, White and Orange (Appearance Package only). Exterior color options include the Mach 1 exclusive Fighter Jet Gray (Appearance Package only), as well as Iconic Silver, Shadow Black, Oxford White, Velocity Blue, Twister Orange, Race Red and Grabber Yellow."

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Haha....got to say, this can be interpreted several ways!

"Satin Black side and hood stripes are included with reflective accent stripes in any of three colors: Red, White and Orange (Appearance Package only). Exterior color options include the Mach 1 exclusive Fighter Jet Gray (Appearance Package only), as well as Iconic Silver, Shadow Black, Oxford White, Velocity Blue, Twister Orange, Race Red and Grabber Yellow."
I interpret that to mean that the only way to get Orange stripes or FJG is to order the Appearance Package. If you don't order the appearance package, your stripes will be either Red or White, probably depending on the color of the car.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I interpret that to mean that the only way to get Orange stripes or FJG is to order the Appearance Package. If you don't order the appearance package, your stripes will be either Red or White, probably depending on the color of the car.
Yep, that's exactly how I read it :)

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I've tagged Evan Smith in his Facebook post where he uploaded a bunch of photos from Tulsa. I'm hoping he can clarify the details of the Appearance Package as he spoke with both Jim Owens and Carl Widmann at the event. If he responds, I'll let you know.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Your interpretation is exactly what I had in mind too, until I started reading other articles, which made it sound like "appearance package" was a more general term. I also understand that if you want the Mach 1 exclusive color of Fighter Jet Gray, you get stripes and they will only come with the orange accents. On non-Fighter Jet Gray models, the stripes would have a choice of red or white accents. As noted above, the accents probably would be specific to the exterior color, although I got the impression you could choose red or white independent of the exterior.

As you say, the order guide will settle things and demonstrate my potential lack of reading comprehension - haha!

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)