Sponsored

What other cars did you consider before you decided on your Mustang?

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
Considered a Chally R/T and a C6.

Blufc3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Premium GT PP1, 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
Nissan 370Z, wife vetoed that.

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
had considered a few things like a C5Z vette or a E90 M3 6spd, if the S550 didn't work out I was going to look into 11-12 GT500's next.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Basically everything else (mostly manuals, except the ones that don't come with one). Ha ha. Porsche Cayman GTS, Corvettes (LS1, LS2, and LS3s, then I was done with them), BMW 3 I-6, BMW M3 V8, Lexus RC-F V8, Nissan GTR V6TT, Audi S6 V8TT. I didn't even consider the solid-axle ones, so the Lexus SC400 V8, GS400 V8, GTI I-4, Accord Coupe V6 6MT, etc., don't count. I wasn't going to buy another 'sports' car, due to downsizing to just a 2-car garage house, and to just 1 vehicle for me, due to having spent several new Ferraris's worth in my rare cancer fight going on for over 5 years now (on another experimental chemo as we speak). Oh, and having lost my job over 2 years ago, so basically retired now. So couldn't justify spending a penny more on such things, so traded (as an even exchange) my immaculate (and fully optioned) 2018 F-150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB for the Bullitt. And happy with the move. I'd say it's the best 'jack of all trades' bang for the buck I've ever owned. It's exactly the combination of compromises I was looking for: Not only it has the 3 things I value the most in a sports car: RWD, manual, and NA V8. But it also handles really well, yet still has a compliant (albeit firm) ride, the quietest interior of any sports car I've owned or driven (including many super expensive ones), one of the most comfortable to travel in, and it's one of the most fun to drive, which was surprising to me. This probably is my last sports car, my last manual car, and my last V8 car, so hope to enjoy it as long as I can :D. Still have a 2 chemos to go, and we'll see if I can finally catch a break for a few years (incurable cancer).

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I was cross-shopping Mustangs and the C7 Z06/Z07 cars.
I really wanted a C7 Z07 car, but that would have really put a dent in my wallet. lol So, I bought another Mustang. The aftermarket and Mustang community is pretty awesome, so it was a win-win.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I was a dodge man through and through. Not sure if I’m fully converted yet.
Needed a 4 door from my old G35 that I drove for 7 years. (It was already 4 years old when I purchased it so 11 year old car) I wanted a Charger the commercials were hot and had a buddy talking about it so I pulled the trigger on the 5.7 Hemi. Realized that was too slow slightly over 2 years and went and got a loaded 392 Scat Pack Charger in 2017. Build quality wasn’t the best, so after yet another 2 and 1/2 years I picked up the 392 Scat Challenger WideBody which I did enjoy VERY much. Got it September 2019. The car was stolen and recovered January 2020. Didn’t want it anymore so I’ve seen the Mustangs and decided I had my time with dodge like why buy a 4th one. The SS and ZL1 didn’t excite and was too much money. Briefly consider a 19 Vette but still not a good enough deal and it was an older body style. Passed on it and gave the 5.0 a shot. So far build quality is on par with a dodge not great but hey it’s an American v8 so I guess that’s what we expect. Not sure if I’d buy another. Would like a GT350, the price and engine issues I’m like nah...... I do think the 5.0 will be staying a while because I’m not going to buy another car anytime soon.

SplawnDarts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Convertible, 2013 Nissan Frontier
For some reason, Avis has a habit of giving me Mustang GTs for rental cars, no matter what I order. I seriously think there's some sort of note in my customer file because they're been doing it for years. Anyways, I'm a big guy - 6'6" and 280lbs, and the Mustang is the only RWD or AWD performance car I've ever sat in that felt comfortable. It's not just a matter of leg room, also where they put the arm rests, shape of the dash, etc. So it was a pretty easy choice. I sat in a Camaro and it was no good. Same thing with the Charger, although it was closer. The Vettes and Porsches and what not aren't even close.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I was looking for a convertible, preferably one with a back seat. I tried a 2014 ZL1 and would have bought that but the back seat wasn't that great and the interior layout not to my liking. The newer ZL1 is just too damn ugly. I also tried a BMW M6. Beautiful car. But, really heavy. Same for the Mercedes CL63 AMG. I prefer a smaller, lighter car.

Then I found a 68 Firebird resto-mod. That was just about perfect. But, we could not agree on a price.

So, that left the Mustang GT. As it turns out, it is still too big and heavy for my taste, so I have only driven it 800 miles in a year. But, it is certainly the best bang for the buck in 4 passenger convertibles.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
C7 Corvette Z51. The only thing that kept me from it is that it's just a little TOO sports car to daily. The Mustang strikes the perfect balance for me.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
1SS 1LE - could never abide by the styling.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE

zrx4me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
randy
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
I looked at a scat pack challenger, but dealer here is a bad one and the selection of colors and trim was very poor. I don't like Camaro's so that was not even considered.
Sponsored