Sponsored

Shifting from Sport to Normal is okay for my engine?

TheTxPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 White GT Vert
So, allow me to hijack this with a simple related question since I think the original topic has been answered. Im driving around in sport mode using the paddle shifters on my 2019 10 speed auto. Is there a way I can easily put the transmission back into auto mode (no paddle shifting). Also, what is the difference from switching modes with the toggle switch to sport mode vs shifting the actual transmission lever into "S" mode?
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
So, allow me to hijack this with a simple related question since I think the original topic has been answered. Im driving around in sport mode using the paddle shifters on my 2019 10 speed auto. Is there a way I can easily put the transmission back into auto mode (no paddle shifting). Also, what is the difference from switching modes with the toggle switch to sport mode vs shifting the actual transmission lever into "S" mode?
If you are using the paddles in "Drive" mode the transmission reverts back to the auto within seconds of your last shift. The "Sport" mode (on the shifter), give you manual control of the paddles. If you are in Sport model and want to go back to full auto just move the stick back to drive. This is independent of the "Mode" toggle on the center console.

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
It's all in the manual. :)

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bones
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE MT
Vehicle Showcase
Also, if you hold down the + paddle for a few seconds it reverts back to auto in sport.

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
Or if you are a dumbass like me, driving around in Sport mode (S on the shifter only) and letting it auto-shift for you.. and you make a turn and accidentally hit the shift paddle and suddenly you are nearing redline before you realize wtf you just did.

Sponsored

Dory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yes it is fine to move the gear shifter from D to S or S to D at any time. I do it all the time in 2015 auto GT. When you say high RPM mode, the highest rpm it will try to maintain is 2K and that is in S or S+. With an auto the computer will attempt to keep you from breaking the car, in a manual you have to use some common sense.
Sponsored