Shmoke

ZSHAUNZ
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT w/PP Ruby Red
Anytime now....now that Mach 1 is out of the bag.
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Or maybe not. The Mach 1 isn't due until Spring next year, and the '20MY has been extended into December. The '21MY build don't start until 4th January. I'd suggest it could be another 3 months before we see order guides.

celica0774

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT convertible PP1
Or maybe not. The Mach 1 isn't due until Spring next year, and the '20MY has been extended into December. The '21MY build don't start until 4th January. I'd suggest it could be another 3 months before we see order guides.
2020 extended to December? I had not seen that. I was looking at ordering a 2021 this summer. Can you point me to a source for the December information? Thanks!

AGM2018

TT,

I agree...100%. In my opinion, it isn't a savvy business strategy to release the 21MY Ordering Guide until nearer to the end of year. Doing so might influence potential mustang buyers who are entertaining purchasing a MY20 'Stang to wait and purchase a MY21 'Stang, vice "pulling the trigger" on a MY20 'Stang purchase. As the mustang plants ramps back up in Flat Rock to resupply the 20MY mustang inventory, there will be mustangs available this summer to purchase...and perhaps a "last hoorah" of 0% financing for Labor Day, in an effort to end the MY20 sales year on a high note. I don't see Ford "revealing its MY21 cards" too early; Ford wants to sell as many MY20's as possible to offset the 3, or so, months of lost sales, due to COVID-19. That's my opinion and my two cents...YMMV. :rockon::bandit::flag:

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

2016 GT/CS Laila

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4, 2018 Taurus
chances they raise the Gt price again?
They already did. Just checked the build site and a 2020 GT Premium is up $250, at least for me. This is the third price increase I have seen this year first on the car itself, others on options and transport.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
2020 extended to December? I had not seen that. I was looking at ordering a 2021 this summer. Can you point me to a source for the December information? Thanks!
Take a look at this thread, particularly posts from last Sunday:
https://blueovalforums.com/forums/i...rmation/&page=16&tab=comments#comment-1102504

Posts from "Ice-Capades" on Blueovalforums

Post 1
"The production week scheduling information comes from Ford's Scheduling Toolbox which is updated weekly. The Scheduling Toolbox shows that cleanup scheduling will be done the weeks of June 22nd and July 6th to finish scheduling allocation that doesn't schedule this Thursday due to commodity issues, etc. There is no vehicle scheduling the week of June 29th due to scheduled plant down time.

The production timetable, including the model changeover information, is included in the FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) which is published on Friday's but usually not available until as late as Monday depending on what issues exist with Ford's IT department which does site maintenance from late Saturday night through late Sunday morning. The model changeover information has still not been released for a number of models including Mustang. In addition, the last allocation of the Model Year for any vehicle line always covers a two month period and Ford hasn't yet done the "Balance Out" wholesale for 2020MY Mustang allocation.

As such, it appears that the model changeover and Job #1 Date for the 2021MY Mustang may not be until sometime in the Fall, most likely late October or November this year. As soon as the Mustang timetable is released I'll provide that information in the Mustang forum"

Post 2
"I've just sent a note to our Ford Zone Manager to see if he has any information regarding the 2020 Mustang balance out schedule and/or an estimated Job #1 date for the 2021MY Mustang. In addition, I asked him about the timetable and/or Job #1 date for the 2021 Bronco Sport. I'll post an update if I'm able to learn anything"

Post 3
"2020 Mustang "Balance Out" is set for 12/23/2020. 2021 Mustang Job#1 Date is 01/04/2021"

yosv0610

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yosvaldy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350R
I want to place an order of a 2020 Shelby GT350R, but my local dealership says there is a waiting list of 6 months. Is this true? Also, I don’t want my car is been built in winter season, so I need to know when is the best time to order it avoiding winter and delivered in 2021?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I want to place an order of a 2020 Shelby GT350R, but my local dealership says there is a waiting list of 6 months. Is this true? Also, I don’t want my car is been built in winter season, so I need to know when is the best time to order it avoiding winter and delivered in 2021?
John you do know that the GT350 is discontinued, right. Between that, the current backlog, and numerous other possible parts issue, you’ll be lucky to get one at all. There’s nothing wrong with a winter build so if you really want one, order it now.

Sponsored

carguy1701

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fusion Titanium
The Ford media site has a pdf covering the changes for 2021. For Mustang, aside from the Mach 1 returning and the discontinuation of the GT350 (which admittedly isn't mentioned), the only updates are content related: the Ford CoPilot 360 stuff (with the apparent exception of the adaptive cruise, since it isn't explicitly mentioned, but this 'Dynamic Brake Support' is included) is now standard, which likely means no more Safe & Smart package; there's also a Belt Minder system. The new colors are also mentioned.

Attachments

Last edited:

carguy1701

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fusion Titanium
Well, we still don't even know for sure if the "facelift" will be across the board, or if it just applies to the Mach 1. I hope it covers all models though. That being said, it'll be no more than a fascia/bumper update as the head and tail lamps aren't changing. It really is about time we saw some new spyshots though :crying:

As for colors, no return of DIB, at least for '21MY. These are the upcoming colors:
21MY Colors.jpg
As long as Velocity Blue stays, I'm happy.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like PP2 was removed from the available packages as well.
why wouldn't it? You're supposed to buy the Mach 1 to get that feature set.
Sponsored