2020 GT500's Scheduled For Production - Part 2

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Woohoo It has begun! I wish There was a video feed for me to watch this from start to finish. I would be such a Fat Ass eating and glued to my monitor.
pic1.jpg
pic2.jpg

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.

Or as otherwise known, disappears into the Penske black hole.
Yes our cars have totally disappeared without a trace and time now seems to pass at a different rate when we can not track the car. Then all of a sudden they will reappear without notice. Matches event horizon theory in my book.

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
Woohoo It has begun! I wish There was a video feed for me to watch this from start to finish. I would be such a Fat Ass eating and glued to my monitor.
pic1.jpg
pic2.jpg
Congrats. Nice build by the way

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
He will have his for months by the time we see ours
I agree the black hole ("Penske") that our cars are in is definitely a frustrating part of the process. I wouldn't be surprised if Ford drops the POTTS option next year. I already have second thoughts about my decision to order the car with them. I paid $10k for them which is a lot but I also ordered the painted black roof so I paid $10k for painted stripes on the front clip and rear clip only. I have gotten over that part since it was what I wanted but the additional time may burn me because I have to go to Japan on July 29th and I can't come back for a long time due to the Virus restrictions when I travel. If I can't take delivery of the car personally It is going to be a major pain to get the car especially since it was bought out of state. Please forgive me for saying this part Chuck but I will be Stuck like Chuck if the car doesn't come out of the black hole soon. I may reach out to the dealer and ask for the regional rep to see if they can move the car up in line with the stripe paint job if it is still just sitting but I don't want to seem like a cry baby and be a me first type of person because I know other people are waiting for their cars and there situations are just as important as mine.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I agree the black hole ("Penske") that our cars are in is definitely a frustrating part of the process. I wouldn't be surprised if Ford drops the POTTS option next year. I already have second thoughts about my decision to order the car with them. I paid $10k for them which is a lot but I also ordered the painted black roof so I paid $10k for painted stripes on the front clip and rear clip only. I have gotten over that part since it was what I wanted but the additional time may burn me because I have to go to Japan on July 29th and I can't come back for a long time due to the Virus restrictions when I travel. If I can't take delivery of the car personally It is going to be a major pain to get the car especially since it was bought out of state. Please forgive me for saying this part Chuck but I will be Stuck like Chuck if the car doesn't come out of the black hole soon. I may reach out to the dealer and ask for the regional rep to see if they can move the car up in line with the stripe paint job if it is still just sitting but I don't want to seem like a cry baby and be a me first type of person because I know other people are waiting for their cars and there situations are just as important as mine.
I really don't care so much about the wait (I mean I do, but there's nothing I can do about it). The only issue I have with the extended wait is that the cars are sitting outside.

FourStangs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
67 GT500, 68 GT500 Convertible, 69 Boss 429, 70 Mach 1, 2020 GT500 CFTP
I’m in the same boat as you Tom as far as Painted Roof and Painted Stripes. We both hit Penske the same day. It’ll be interesting to see when we make it out of there!

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
I really don't care so much about the wait (I mean I do, but there's nothing I can do about it). The only issue I have with the extended wait is that the cars are sitting outside.
Hi Tom. I am so pressed for time and focused on the EDD that I didn't even think about the cars being left outside for an extended period of time. At least we don't have to worry about the tire temperature issue but that hot summer sun will be beating on our Recaro seats and birds may be crapping on our painted black roofs! I am not happy thinking about that!

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
I’m in the same boat as you Tom as far as Painted Roof and Painted Stripes. We both hit Penske the same day. It’ll be interesting to see when we make it out of there!
I hope all of our cars are done soon and sent safely back to the Ford plant for shipping out to us! My car is 1325 which is yours?

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
D: I feel the anxiety way down here and I think most of us can relate. On the positive side, I'm quite sure that Ford is as interested in completing and shipping cars quickly as the customers are waiting to take delivery.

<fingers crossed>

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
8 of the members cars are sitting at Penske and 2 that have been Produced are waiting to be sent there.

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
D: I feel the anxiety way down here and I think most of us can relate. On the positive side, I'm quite sure that Ford is as interested in completing and shipping cars quickly as the customers are waiting to take delivery.

<fingers crossed>
Thanks for the support Earl. At this point I will be happy just to take delivery and put the car into a car capsule and fly to Japan. I will take pics if everything works out.

Bob1023

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition 2015 Mercedes Benz SLS GT AMG Final Edition 2020 Ford Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 2021(?} Ford GT
8 of the members cars are sitting at Penske and 2 that have been Produced are waiting to be sent there.
Would one of the cars waiting to go to Penske be 1388? It was produced on June 8. There is no information about that in the tracking website. The tracking website indicates an ETA date of July 4 which, while I am being hopeful, but is very hard for me to believe. In fact, I do not believe the July 4 date.