Sponsored

Style Show - Wheels

Huck FInn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350, 2nd Engine
I waited 8 months for my GT350 and was very tired of looking a black wheels after having them on two GT converts for the last 12 years and 371,000 miles. I had a lot of time to search, and found little in the way of wheels that would clear the huge front disks and also had the proper front and rear offsets. But, I did find two options to get bright wheels on the car. First, I bought a set of Carroll Shelby Wheel Co. CS-21 wheels, which are forged and specifically only for the GT350. https://carrollshelbywheels.com/ They have 'SHELBY" milled into the rim and 'GT350' diametrically across. The center cap has 'SHELBY' milled on it. They are available in bright brushed aluminum clear anodized and in a smoke tinted anodized. The CS-21 wheels can be bought from online dealers or from tire shops. Then, with the CS-21s on the car I sent the black OEM wheels to www.kwicksilverusa.com. and they stripped the paint and applied PVD chrome. Cost to strip and coat was $185/wheel, and UPS shipping from Twin Cities to Michigan was about $130 each way for the set. Overall, I am quite happy with both sets of wheels, and haven't yet decided which I prefer. But, I just got the PVD chrome wheels installed last Thursday afternoon and Friday morning the Voodoo sucked one of the No. 7 intake valves. So, it's gone to the hospital for a heart transplant. Hope these wheel options are helpful for others who are tired of black wheels.
DSCN1550.JPG
DSCN2041.JPG
DSCN2021.JPG
DSCN2045.JPG
DSCN2008.JPG
Sponsored

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
Sorry to here about the valve issue. Hope you get back up and driving soon. Both sets of wheels look great. I just ordered a set of the CS21 wheels.

Deleted member 37397

The chrome looks better than I thought. Good for you for doing that. Some colors just work with chrome or lighter wheels

proeagles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2019 BMW X3, 2019 Honda Civic
I like the chrome much better than I thought and I'm thinking it might look pretty good on Performance Blue.

HEP#15

I waited 8 months for my GT350 and was very tired of looking a black wheels after having them on two GT converts for the last 12 years and 371,000 miles. I had a lot of time to search, and found little in the way of wheels that would clear the huge front disks and also had the proper front and rear offsets. But, I did find two options to get bright wheels on the car. First, I bought a set of Carroll Shelby Wheel Co. CS-21 wheels, which are forged and specifically only for the GT350. https://carrollshelbywheels.com/ They have 'SHELBY" milled into the rim and 'GT350' diametrically across. The center cap has 'SHELBY' milled on it. They are available in bright brushed aluminum clear anodized and in a smoke tinted anodized. The CS-21 wheels can be bought from online dealers or from tire shops. Then, with the CS-21s on the car I sent the black OEM wheels to www.kwicksilverusa.com. and they stripped the paint and applied PVD chrome. Cost to strip and coat was $185/wheel, and UPS shipping from Twin Cities to Michigan was about $130 each way for the set. Overall, I am quite happy with both sets of wheels, and haven't yet decided which I prefer. But, I just got the PVD chrome wheels installed last Thursday afternoon and Friday morning the Voodoo sucked one of the No. 7 intake valves. So, it's gone to the hospital for a heart transplant. Hope these wheel options are helpful for others who are tired of black wheels.
DSCN1550.JPG
DSCN2041.JPG
DSCN2021.JPG
DSCN2045.JPG
DSCN2008.JPG
Bot are a nice changeup. How many miles do you have on your R? I have a 2020 HE GT350 with a little less than 400 miles and I'm holding my breath given the recent posts about engine failures due to bad valves.

Sponsored

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks
DSCN1550.JPG
DSCN2041.JPG
DSCN2021.JPG
DSCN2045.JPG
DSCN2008.JPG
I really like the factory "Spock Vulcan salute" wheels in chrome. Wonder how they would look in dark bronze...:question:

Full0bs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
I didn't think I would like chrome but those look amazing. Thanks for posting. I like the shelby wheels too but I vote chrome. Good luck with the car... keep us posted on how Ford handles the process.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
So is this a thinly veiled attempt to sell your wheels ?

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
DSCN1550.JPG
DSCN2041.JPG
DSCN2021.JPG
DSCN2045.JPG
DSCN2008.JPG
I am with you on this, about to install some Blaque Diamond silver and chrome wheels, every wheel I see on most cars and trucks now are black.
Sponsored