Sponsored

PP1 Spare Tire Fitment in Trunk

onlyturbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6spd, 2016 Audi S4 (Sold)., 2009 Subaru STI (Sold), 2003 SAAB Aero (Sold)
Just a thought!
Maybe we do not need to worry about clearing the front calipers. If we get a flat at the front, can just move one of the rear wheels to the front, and use a cheaper spare at the rear? Would that work?

May need a second jack though...
Sponsored

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Just a thought!
Maybe we do not need to worry about clearing the front calipers. If we get a flat at the front, can just move one of the rear wheels to the front, and use a cheaper spare at the rear? Would that work?

May need a second jack though...

My experience is that jacking behind the front wheel, both wheels will come off the ground. In which case, the limiting factor is: Will a rear wheel work on the front?

drive_55_not

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Coyote, S197 3v, 2018 Gen3 [RIP], 2020 Challenger 'Cat
My experience is that jacking behind the front wheel, both wheels will come off the ground. In which case, the limiting factor is: Will a rear wheel work on the front?
No the PP1 rear wheel won't clear the BREMBO caliper.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
The stock rear PP wheel will clear the front with a 5mm spacer, which is small enough to still allow for full engagement of the lug nuts.

So you may need to carry around a spacer also along with the spare wheel.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
$400 for a spare tire!!! That's insane! There is nothing cheaper that clears the pp brembos?
There's supposedly some workarounds using Escape spares and the like, but (from memory) the AA one is the only one that is reasonably close to original tire diameter. Now, granted, Torsen says it doesn't matter on the GT, but a lot of people like to keep the rolling diameters close even if it's just while your on the spare (a long weekend road trip comes to mind).

Just a thought!
There's ways to get it to work, but it means you're changing two tires instead of one (in the rain, at night, on the driver's side of the car on the freeway, etc.).

Last edited:

Sponsored

CoolRod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
The stock rear PP wheel will clear the front with a 5mm spacer, which is small enough to still allow for full engagement of the lug nuts.

So you may need to carry around a spacer also along with the spare wheel.
This is what I do. I bought a spare tire from a V6 and if I get a flat on the front, I'll put a rear tire on the front with the spacer and the spare on the rear. This is a cheaper, albeit more work, alternative.