Sponsored

2018 Stock PP1 A10 vs 620hp RS3

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
One of those mods is $7k by itself. Not the best bang for your buck. I had an A5. Last thing you want to do is buy an expensive Audi and mod the shit out of it unless you just have money to burn. No one will touch them, not even VW, if there is a problem. I couldn't even get my oil change light reset at a VW dealer. Then when I modded it, it burned oil like a mofo. Not the best car make to mod.
Gotta pay to play
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I have to chime in. That 5 banger in the Audi is no joke. The RS3 is cheaper to get power out of than the S5 or RS5.....and they are actually pretty dang reliable. I travel back and forth to Germany (family), well Covid messed up my July trip this year but...I have been in the presence of a couple with claimed 650-750 hp and I can say they surprise a lot of people. I'm not downplaying our cars but I give credit to those that deserve it. I wish I had my Mustang or my Corvette when I'm over there visting to hit those "few" places on the autobahn that still have no speed limits. I lived there for over 20 years so I did experience some really high speed runs, but that was back in the late 90s and cars are a lot more powerful now.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Even stock, the performance is pretty impressive. That's enough for me. I like the size and practicality of small sedans.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have to chime in. That 5 banger in the Audi is no joke. The RS3 is cheaper to get power out of than the S5 or RS5.....and they are actually pretty dang reliable. I travel back and forth to Germany (family), well Covid messed up my July trip this year but...I have been in the presence of a couple with claimed 650-750 hp and I can say they surprise a lot of people. I'm not downplaying our cars but I give credit to those that deserve it. I wish I had my Mustang or my Corvette when I'm over there visting to hit those "few" places on the autobahn that still have no speed limits. I lived there for over 20 years so I did experience some really high speed runs, but that was back in the late 90s and cars are a lot more powerful now.
Yeah they're cutties. Just adorable. My girl would look good in one. Maybe get that gnarly fart can exhaust sound that's so desirable and giant wing.

Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
To be completely fair, this gen of RS cars are ALL nasty. It used to be just the RS6/7 you needed to worry about, but now the RS3/4/5 are all bonkers as well. AWD doesn't make it any easier on us either. A tire, tune, and E85 might just do the trick though...

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
My wife is "thinking" about getting one. No fart can exhaust or giant wing will be allowed...though, honestly I haven't seen either on the RS3.

This is currently the only big wing car allowed to enter the garage :)

Yeah they're cutties. Just adorable. My girl would look good in one. Maybe get that gnarly fart can exhaust sound that's so desirable and giant wing.
Subaru.jpg

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
My wife is "thinking" about getting one. No fart can exhaust or giant wing will be allowed...though, honestly I haven't seen either on the RS3.

Subaru.jpg
Fart can is a must if you go above a tune.... that was my next step. Great thing about the old S5's was the V8 and they sounded great but it didn't have much room for more power with a tune. Most people don't usually mod RS Audi models for obvious reasons. They buy used cheaper A's or S's at half the price of new (resale is terrible) and mod them after the warranty period. Audi also has an issue with burning oil on some cars. As soon as I modded mine it drank oil. They're great for a daily though if you need awd and want to beat Karen's to the next stop light without much commotion.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
The all-wheel-drive comes in handy in the states that are known to get a little cool. I used to buy Audis back in the 90s (German Spec) and I always tended to break this or that joint, half-shaft, you name it.

Fart can is a must if you go above a tune.... that was my next step. Great thing about the old S5's was the V8 and they sounded great but it didn't have much room for more power with a tune. Most people don't usually mod RS Audi models for obvious reasons. They buy used cheaper A's or S's at half the price of new (resale is terrible) and mod them after the warranty period. Audi also has an issue with burning oil on some cars. As soon as I modded mine it drank oil. They're great for a daily though if you need awd and want to beat Karen's to the next stop light without much commotion.

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
AWD is nice in the northern states. I'm able to switch back to AWD mod with the click of a button. However, it doesn't help much unless you get rid of the summer tires.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10

Subaru.jpg
I don't recall - is the wing on an WRX STI actually functional, or simply for looks? It's a pretty big wing and would be disappointing if it is only for aesthetics, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's all it's there for.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
"Supposedly" it is capable of applying "up to" 300lbs of downforce at 70 mph.

I don't recall - is the wing on an WRX STI actually functional, or simply for looks? It's a pretty big wing and would be disappointing if it is only for aesthetics, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's all it's there for.

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
The axle hop is usually because of shitty track prep as I had the same problem last time at the track. My car pp1 rarely hops any on the street. E85 is easy 30 whp with a lot more in torque down low and under the curve. You get instant 31-32 degrees timing off the hit. No 91-93 pump tunes can match that. My car went (300a non drag mode) from 113 mph traps to over 121 mph (+1500 elevation) with two simple mods full weight.

OP
OP
carpenj

carpenj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT PP1
The axle hop is usually because of shitty track prep as I had the same problem last time at the track. My car pp1 rarely hops any on the street. E85 is easy 30 whp with a lot more in torque down low and under the curve. You get instant 31-32 degrees timing off the hit. No 91-93 pump tunes can match that. My car went (300a non drag mode) from 113 mph traps to over 121 mph (+1500 elevation) with two simple mods full weight.
I heard someone at the track say it was poorly prepped as well. With Lucas Oil Raceway being a supposedly premier drag strip in the country, you'd think it would be prepped really well.

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
I heard someone at the track say it was poorly prepped as well. With Lucas Oil Raceway being a supposedly premier drag strip in the country, you'd think it would be prepped really well.
A hellcat widebody snapped his halfshaft on our run. That’s how bad it was. I had to bail 3 out of 5 runs.

RoyalCrimsonGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bong
Vehicle(s)
2018 MGT P, 10R80, PP1, MagneRide, ActiveExhaust
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to bring this thread back up but since its about the RS3 i thought i'd just add this vid here.

Anyways, check this out, captured by my dash cam. i had a passenger, was on sport+ mode and on e85r but still... i had no idea they could move out that quick lol.

Sponsored