Sponsored

Covid Rage - Parking Lot Confrontation

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So, a senior gentlemen tried to pick a fight with me today at the grocery store. I think he must’ve been off his meds and had a lot of pent up quarantine frustration... or maybe he’s just always an a-hole.

I was driving my Jeep and as I’m driving through the parking lot, I slow to let this guy cross. He’s staring at me the entire time and mouthing off and making the “I’m not worthy” worship motion. I had my windows down and as I passed him, I slowed down and said “yes sir?”. He starts ranting about all the noise I’m making and how I must be a real tough guy because I drive a big, loud Jeep.

I said “oook, have a good day” and pulled off. As I pull into my parking spot, this guy walks up and infront of me. Jeep is still running because I don’t know this guy’s intent. I started filming him because again, you never know and if some crap shook loose I need proof of what occurred.

So he continues ranting about all the noise and is pointing at the snorkel on the Jeep going “c’mon, c’mon, really, is that necessary, what is that?” And then proceeded to tell me it (the snorkel) was making too much noise and that I’m “a punk” and he “has kids my age”. My response “OK...”.

He walks around to my door and I started to get pissed. I turned myself toward him in case he pulled some stupid crap and he said “you want to arm wrestle? Let me show you what this 70 year old man is made of... c’mon, TRY ME”. My response was asking him what his issue was and that I didn’t want to fight him. This guy is 38 years older than me, trying to pick a fight in a grocery store parking lot over my Jeep being too loud and apparently too big?

He continued to mouth off. I got out as I felt incredibly cornered sitting in the Jeep. He walks away continuing to talk crap. I walked around the back of my Jeep and said “dude, this is America.. instead of stealing crap or selling drugs I focus my efforts into cars. What’s your issue with that? You should respect that and value someone with a different opinion than yours.. don’t talk to me about this f’ing BS.”

So I waited for him to leave. A couple minutes later he passes and parks a few isles over in direct view. I left because I know he was going to bash a window, tail light, something.

It’s funny but it’s not. The guy had no idea who he was talking to. He could’ve picked the wrong person and gotten seriously hurt or worse. I had no intention of heightening the situation, but what if he messed with someone that felt otherwise?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Sponsored

OP
OP

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
You handled it perfectly! Who knows what he had going on. He was lucky it was you and not someone else.
Thanks. That was my thought as well. I feel bad for the dude but morally I would’ve felt worse for letting a senior get the worst of me and have a stupid reaction... the wrong person wouldn’t stop to consider that.

lonegunman

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Democrats are filled with hate, intolerance and rage at people who live better lives than them. This is why at some point they always revert to gulags, concentration camps and mass executions of people who disagree with them. This is why they are out vandalizing statues and looting for weeks. They actually attacked and vandalized the statue of the 54th Mass regiment from the Civil War. Why? because in the world of leftist hate it was offensive. Yep, the St.Gaudens statue of the first all volunteer, black regiment of the war had somehow offended "Black Lives Matter".

You ignored the creepy old man. That old geezer id looking at old age after a life of failure. He never owned a nice Jeep, he never got a decent shot of leg, he lived an underwhelming life and he is waiting for Joe Biden to make it better. He is doomed and you are driving a nice Jeep nicer than his entire life.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Democrats are filled with hate, intolerance and rage at people who live better lives than them. This is why at some point they always revert to gulags, concentration camps and mass executions of people who disagree with them. This is why they are out vandalizing statues and looting for weeks. They actually attacked and vandalized the statue of the 54th Mass regiment from the Civil War. Why? because in the world of leftist hate it was offensive. Yep, the St.Gaudens statue of the first all volunteer, black regiment of the war had somehow offended "Black Lives Matter".

You ignored the creepy old man. That old geezer id looking at old age after a life of failure. He never owned a nice Jeep, he never got a decent shot of leg, he lived an underwhelming life and he is waiting for Joe Biden to make it better. He is doomed and you are driving a nice Jeep nicer than his entire life.
WTF lol. Get your political BS outa here. Your speculation of the old guy is likely way far off too. Saying the Dems are filled with hate, read your own damn post man. Political standing has nothing to do with this situation, we all have bad days and as mentioned, he's likely off or on too many meds. All you political fanatics need to breathe and chill the fuck out. You're all the same, hating the other side without even knowing the actual person. Go take that shit very far away and duke it out there, HUMANS would be better for it. Politics is the new religion and causing many more problems than they fix. Rant over, obviously triggered, tired of every thread devolving to this kind of BS. Carry on...

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
New flash...lonegunman posts hateful political rant. Not a warning at all...

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Would you rather a Manual/Auto or a GT/Ecoboost thread?

...actually I would prefer that.
I would as well. Hell, lets talk about the rattles and ticks too. Or the rock chips. I'd even rather discuss the Mach E...

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Do you think future EV Mustangs will pump fake ticks and rattles through the speakers alongside the fake exhaust?
If they want the authentic mustang sound they would have to. How will they do the shift points in the audio? The EV may not shift at all but there should be an option for auto or manual sounds. Manual sounds should have the occasional missed shift and lockout too. When you choose the auto sound there should be a recording "Congratulations, you've chosen the sound of the transmission that dominates all manuals. Hang on." I guess then for manual the recording would be "You may be slower, but nothing can replace the feel of how connected you are to this machine right now."

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Whether he is "just always an a-hole," mentally ill, or his wife just died and he didn't know how to handle his grief, you were right in the way you handled the situation by walking (driving) away. Well done.
Could loose the camera IMO, escalated the encounter, passive aggressive OP < 100%....

Someone stick one in my face, you'll be picking the little toy up off the pavement , keep it up the teeth will be next.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Oh well.......... TS

OP
OP

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Could loose the camera IMO, escalated the encounter, passive aggressive OP < 100%....

Someone stick one in my face, you'll be picking the little toy up off the pavement , keep it up the teeth will be next.
I didn’t stick my phone in his face. I was in my vehicle the entire time until he came to my door.. don’t think he would have a right to punch me because I was filming him, nor would anyone for that matter. It was a public parking lot.

I don’t think it escalated anything, he probably didn’t notice I was filming him and he didn’t say anything about it.. he couldn’t move past the snorkel. Probably could’ve waved a $100 in his face and not got a reaction.
Sponsored