Sponsored

Class Action Lawsuit for known A/C Evaporator failures on 2015 and 16 models

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
@Shifting_Gears

Mine shot fog out the vents, then the driver side went warm, now my passenger side only blows cold for 10 mins.
I had moisture out of the vents once and it also seems the compressor is on/off frequently and on deceleration it seems to clunk when it switches on or off. Air blows cold still but Iā€™m worried whatā€™s to come.
Sponsored

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium ~2016 Mustang V6(sold)~
@Shifting_Gears I hate to tell you brother but your describing exactly how it was for me last summer... now this shit

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
If you are doing the compressor due to bearing failure you should consider replacing the condenser as well because of contamination.

All the parts total ran about $700.00 that includes the following mostly on Ebay.

Evaporator Core
Condenser
Compressor
Drier Filter
Expansion Valve
Blend Door Actuators (Dealership buy)
Thanks they said it has a leak and thats why i need to change it.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I ended up installing a full A/C system
Do you have details of the brand, etc? You just mentioned eBay, but there're a crapload of different things on eBay :D.

And finally, is this really a problem just for 2015 and 2016s? I could swear I saw similar complaints of much newer cars too, but maybe I remember wrong :). And hope I'm wrong, so my 2019 Bullitt is not affected. Ha ha.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mustangguy88

mustangguy88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT with PP
Vehicle Showcase
I not sure if the problem persisted past 2016 model year cars. From what I learned the design flaw was addressed in 2017.

As for brands, most parts are generic on Ebay, except the A/C evaporator core, that is sold directly by Ford on Ebay.
Screenshot_20200613-140803_eBay.jpg

ydoucare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium
I'm at 50k miles on my daily driver 2015 EB and just last summer (early sept maybe?) started having issues with the AC. It started by blowing warm out the drivers side. Had it in the shop and they charged it and put dye in. It cooled ok the rest of the season. This spring, when it got warm enough to run the AC, I noticed it was no longer blowing cool again (both sides) and brought it back in. They couldn't find a leak and just charged it again and put fresh dye in and scheduled another appt a month out. I just got the car back from that appointment and they gave me the same answer. Couldn't find a leak and the charge was ok this time.

Does this sound like the evap issue?

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
All these class action suits against the S550. Time for Ford to just do a recall to replace the entire car.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
^ How many are there tokuzumi?

Sponsored

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Do you mean threads that encourage lawsuits or actual lawsuits? Maybe I'm not aware enough?

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
I have a 2016 , with 19000 miles and the AC compressor crapped out two days ago and started whining. And the jackasses at the dealership want to change the compressor only and want to charge $1800 for it without changing the evaporator core ( I guess they're counting on another $2K repair bill right after they replace the compressor without dealing with the known issue . They quoted the compressor $950.(I found it on Levittown ford parts for $390). I'm really pissed of about this, because AC failure at 19K is unacceptable especially at this scale. And then having to deal with bunch of thieves trying to take advantage of the parent company's mess up.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I have a 2016 , with 19000 miles and the AC compressor crapped out two days ago and started whining. And the jackasses at the dealership want to change the compressor only and want to charge $1800 for it without changing the evaporator core ( I guess they're counting on another $2K repair bill right after they replace the compressor without dealing with the known issue . They quoted the compressor $950.(I found it on Levittown ford parts for $390). I'm really pissed of about this, because AC failure at 19K is unacceptable especially at this scale. And then having to deal with bunch of thieves trying to take advantage of the parent company's mess up.
Call the Ford 800# and see if they will foot some of the bill - others have had success in getting ā€œhelpā€ because itā€™s such a widely known issue... thatā€™s why there is 1 of 3 stickied threads about it, with the below link being the absolute largest:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/a-c-evaporator-factory-defect.62682/