Sponsored

BULLITT door sill...do they illumined?

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
If the connector is there, it has to be just a missing fuse, if at all. You need to investigate exactly when that connector is supposed to get power ('x' seconds after door opens, etc), and if the exterior lights need to be turned on or not. You might have tested it when power was cut off already (like waiting too long, etc). I really doubt you need FORScan for that. When I added the PRNDS light to my 2018 F-150 Platinum, it lighted right up. Those connectors are almost always already powered, so doubt that one is any different, but let us know what you find. Good luck.
Sponsored

slaslo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
I verified there is no separate fuse for sill plate power connector and they are not powered in the Bullitt. I bought American Car Craft stainless steel sill plates, added a poly carbonate lens and ran power to them. I think they look great.
IMG_0095.jpg

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I verified there is no separate fuse for sill plate power connector and they are not powered in the Bullitt. I bought American Car Craft stainless steel sill plates, added a poly carbonate lens and ran power to them. I think they look great.
IMG_0095.jpg
Interesting that the power is ran, but doesn't actually have power or fuse. Where did you tap your power into, I assume door switch or something? Looks pretty nice, it would be sweet if you could toggle the colors in the same way as the ambient lighting.
Since the non-lit Bullitt plate is already raise and yours sits above it, how much raised above the metal is it? Seems like you'd catch your shoes/clothing etc on it...

slaslo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
CJ Pony has a video that shows you where to tap into at the fuse panel. The new sill plate height above the stock sill plate is the thickness of double sided 3M tape. The new sill plate opening is wide open, so I was afraid debris would fall down inside, and it looked funny and not professional. I purchased a sheet of 3/32 inch poly carbonate from Home Depot ($15.00) and cut it to fit in the new sill plate chrome trim ring. The chrome trim ring is attached to the stainless plate with 3M double sided tape from the factory. Since the chrome trim ring is slightly larger than the hole it surrounds, it has a thin ring of 3M double sided tape exposed. My poly carbonate (cut precisely to fit) adheres perfectly to the excess 3M tape. It just all came together...

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Sounds like a similar issue with the F-150 tailgate ajar wiring. At first, Ford deleted the option, leaving all wiring intact. Then they removed the wiring from the rear wheels to the tailgate, so you just needed to run a wire from there to the tailgate. And then, they removed the wiring from the fuse box to somewhere in the engine bay, leaving the wiring from engine bay to rear wheel, making some owners believe if the wire was in the rear wheel well, it would have power... but nope.

Sponsored

Delusioned

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
This thread is quite old, but it's one of the top google results if you search for info on installing the factory light up door sills on a Bullitt, so hopefully this will help others who are trying to do it. The connectors for them are under the trim, but you need to use FORScan to turn them on after you plug them in. This info came from a 50LE user, and I confirmed it works the same for Bullitt.

Module to program: BCMB
Line to reprogram: 7B7-01-01
Existing code: 0040 0000 00
Desired code: 0042 0000 02

ARAMP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Wonder if the GT350 is the same. There's got to be something that's powered in there if it projects an image down from the mirror when you open the door.
Sponsored