Suspension Mod advice

Muevelos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium 2017
Hello everyone. New user here and Mustang owner of 17 GT premium. Only mods added so far are and X Pipe and MBRP muffler delete.

My next mission is suspension handling mods and I could use expert advice?!

This is what I was thinking. Adding the BMR handling springs with the FPP strut shock kit, and CB005 as well as Steeda subframe alignment bushing since they go together it seems. And the obvious bumpsteer kit, kinda need that like right this moment.

I want to know if these parts will work together no problem and if there's any noise I don't want any noise coming from these parts. if anyone thinks he's parts aren't good aren't worth it or I need something else please let me know. This car is my DD.
Sponsored

Last edited:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Sean,

The following will be a great set-up without nice - all working in harmony with each other :)

https://www.steeda.com/Steeda-S550-Mustang-Stop-The-Hop-Starter-Kit-555-4455

The Steeda Progressive springs are our best selling springs - we have sold over 4,000 sets - https://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang-progressive-sport-lowering-springs_555-8210

Would recommend adding the Steeda camber plates too - https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-camber-plates-15-16-all-555-8139.html

Let me know if I can help assist with your build & provide a Mustang 6G discount for the parts mentioned above - you can reach me at [email protected]

TJ

OP
OP

Muevelos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium 2017
Hi Sean,

The following will be a great set-up without nice - all working in harmony with each other :)

https://www.steeda.com/Steeda-S550-Mustang-Stop-The-Hop-Starter-Kit-555-4455

The Steeda Progressive springs are our best selling springs - we have sold over 4,000 sets - https://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang-progressive-sport-lowering-springs_555-8210

Would recommend adding the Steeda camber plates too - https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-camber-plates-15-16-all-555-8139.html

Let me know if I can help assist with your build & provide a Mustang 6G discount for the parts mentioned above - you can reach me at [email protected]

TJ
These will work flawlessly with the FPP strut shock kit and CB005?
And are the camber plates necessary? Sorry still learning. Thank you for the reply.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
The IRS Braces will not work with the CB005 - in an attempt to allow the Steeda parts to work in harmony with each other, it was replaced in my suspension advice above.

Our camber plates replace the factory upper strut mounts. Our Steeda camber plates will allow you to get the camber right to the -1.1 degrees that is the target for OE settings from Ford. Necessary, perhaps not - strongly recommended, yes, as it will help get your car into the desired settings & reduce uneven tire wear up front. By doing them a the same time as your suspension ... you save on labor, installation time & an unnecessary alignment don't the road if you have to go back & put them on.

Every car we install springs on here at Steeda ... are paired with the Steeda camber plates.

I think I missed where you were adding the strut shock kit - so the aforementioned may not be necessary as it appears there is already an upgrade in that kit.

Going back to your original question ... you have a DD & but are you doing any tracking or on-track events?

TJ

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
These will work flawlessly with the FPP strut shock kit and CB005?
And are the camber plates necessary? Sorry still learning. Thank you for the reply.
Camber plates are a good idea whether you're only looking to use the factory-preferred alignment settings or if your driving tends to be a bit more 'enthusiastic' in the corners than the average driver where you'd want front cambers to be somewhat further negative.

Norm

Sponsored

OP
OP

Muevelos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium 2017
The IRS Braces will not work with the CB005 - in an attempt to allow the Steeda parts to work in harmony with each other, it was replaced in my suspension advice above.

Our camber plates replace the factory upper strut mounts. Our Steeda camber plates will allow you to get the camber right to the -1.1 degrees that is the target for OE settings from Ford. Necessary, perhaps not - strongly recommended, yes, as it will help get your car into the desired settings & reduce uneven tire wear up front. By doing them a the same time as your suspension ... you save on labor, installation time & an unnecessary alignment don't the road if you have to go back & put them on.

Every car we install springs on here at Steeda ... are paired with the Steeda camber plates.

I think I missed where you were adding the strut shock kit - so the aforementioned may not be necessary as it appears there is already an upgrade in that kit.

Going back to your original question ... you have a DD & but are you doing any tracking or on-track events?

TJ
You mean the braces in the Stop the Hop kit I believe right? Thank you. Yes this is my DD. I do plan to track it once in awhile. Probably a year from now after i get everything done to it that I want. I can't risk blowing something at the moment so I'm trying to be more cautious.

If I swapped out the FPP strut kit for
Steeda Pro-Action Mustang Shocks and Struts-Non-Adjustable GT/V6/EcoBoost (2015-2020 ), would that work as well.

Thank you for the reply.

Last edited:

DeepImpactCoyote15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium, 50 Years Pkg, DIB, MT82
Hello everyone. New user here and Mustang owner of 17 GT premium. Only mods added so far are and X Pipe and MBRP muffler delete.

My next mission is suspension handling mods and I could use expert advice?!

This is what I was thinking. Adding the BMR handling springs with the FPP strut shock kit, and CB005 as well as Steeda subframe alignment bushing since they go together it seems. And the obvious bumpsteer kit, kinda need that like right this moment.

I want to know if these parts will work together no problem and if there's any noise I don't want any noise coming from these parts. if anyone thinks he's parts aren't good aren't worth it or I need something else please let me know. This car is my DD.
Great list. You Should consider Steeda Pro Actions if you want adjustable, if you don't want to mess with adjustments Ford Track dampers or Bilsteins. There are some things you didn't list that would be beneficial and compliment everything. I'll try to list most important starting at the top.

Rear lower control arm bearings - Steeda or BMR
Knuckle to Toe Link Bearings - Ford Performance
Rear Shock Mounts - J&M, BMR, Steeda
Camber Plates - Maximum Motorsports, J&M, BMR, Steeda
Front Swaybar - GT350, Steeda or BMR
Vertical Links - BMR or Steeda
Don't forget good tires if you don't have them!
Sponsored