Sponsored

What Performance Pack parts made into the UK GT 2015-17?

FAB Cruiser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017
Hi,

Just wondering what parts from the US 2015-17 Performance Pack made it into the standard UK GT or UK GT with Custom Pack?

I can see the wheel / tyre size and 6 piston Brembos. Also the K brace on the strut towers.

But what about the less obvious parts including?

Heavy duty front springs
Larger radiator
Upsized rear Sway Bar
Torsen Differential with 3.55 Axle Ratio (Automatic)
Unique Chassis Tuning
Unique EPAS, ABS and Stability Control Tuning

It would be useful to know what I have as a starting point before increasing power.

Cheers
David
Sponsored

OP
OP
FAB Cruiser

FAB Cruiser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017
OP
OP
FAB Cruiser

FAB Cruiser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017
So I read that. It's a bit confusing as some of it was updated after the 2018 launch. Also it confuses 'European' with 'UK' when it talks about the power differences. I had to laugh when they said it would take a bit of getting used to having 1st gear at top left, as if that's not the norm here!

Anyway, I did a bit more digging around. Most of the information was published just before or just after the UK launch.

It mostly states that the 2015 UK GT's would be supplied with the larger radiator (but I'm not convinced and tend to side with Hinch).

Also we got the K brace from the strut towers to the bulk head (but not the similarly named K brace / member underneath the car which also came with the US PP). One article stated that in the US, they only got the top K Brace with 20" wheels.

With regards to the chassis tuning and stability control tuning, most authors don't know what they are, let alone which cars had this done!! I think there's a bit or marketing spin with these?

My conclusion: You've got what you've got and just have to look at the car in detail to check!

Cheers
David

Sponsored

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I remember reading close to, or just after, cars were spec’d for export that the export/EU models have a further stiffened suspension set up over the US PP, and that that was made even firmer for the LHD/UK version. That’s not to say it was definitely implemented

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I remember reading close to, or just after, cars were spec’d for export that the export/EU models have a further stiffened suspension set up over the US PP, and that that was made even firmer for the LHD/UK version. That’s not to say it was definitely implemented
The supposedly reworked the suspension for export as they reckoned the domestic setup wouldn't work well on our roads, then there was the additional stage after production where the springs were allegedly changed - it showed up on ETIS did it not?

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
we had slight different spring rates but that was the only change to the "chassis/suspension" tuning and they were still too soft and too big anyway so everyone threw them out i've got 2 full sets of stock suspension in the garage I can't even throw away :(

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
Perhaps someone here is friendly with their dealer and could ask? E.g., the part number would show if the radiator really is any different from the USA base model, no?
Some parts of the article are obvious right. E.g., it's easy to see our front brakes are Brembos, but other things are less obvious to my incompetent eye.

Curious to know.

FM GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aug '16 Built RHD GT
Hi,

Just wondering what parts from the US 2015-17 Performance Pack made it into the standard UK GT or UK GT with Custom Pack?

I can see the wheel / tyre size and 6 piston Brembos. Also the K brace on the strut towers.

But what about the less obvious parts including?

Heavy duty front springs
Larger radiator
Upsized rear Sway Bar
Unique Chassis Tuning
Unique EPAS, ABS and Stability Control Tuning

It would be useful to know what I have as a starting point before increasing power.

Cheers
David
Not from UK, but as far as I know in the Australian RHD version we also got -

Larger radiator

Not sure about the others as I haven't look deep enough to check.

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
we just have an open diff I believe its not torsen or any type of lsd in the UK

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
we just have an open diff I believe its not torsen or any type of lsd in the UK
We have an inferior higher geared 3.55 Trak-Lok diff but you can buy the 3.73 Torsen and ship it over here...

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Do we have a different starter motor too ? When Kooks were still working on the fitment for rhd cats they sent over an uprated starter motor as it was smaller, I think it went to Modurstang and it turned out it was the same one I already had.
Sponsored