This is the brand new 2021 Mustang Mach-1

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
Hopefully the Mach 1 wheels will be lighter than the Bullitt wheels. At least, from what Ford says, it will be a track-capable car and therefore weight matters.
Lol they'll be 30+ lbs each just like all of the other non-carbon wheels
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
In addition, there's no need to have giant wheels and tires. Plus they look like crap sticking out of the fenders, like in current PP2s (fronts).

According to Car and Driver it gets new 4.5” exhaust tips.
I don't think that's correct. They look just like my Bullitt's (outside diameter), but they're proper tips, meaning double-walled construction. And I think the Bullitt's exhaust is 3-1/2" at the most, so doubt they're 1" larger in diameter. Maybe one of the guys there can measure them, and I bet they won't be 4-1/2" :D.

But what was the verdict on the HP mufflers, then? Are those nicer tips a new AE feature, or not? It was already noted the base car shown (also with nice tips) didn't have AE, but how about the HP version? Thx.

True, but they are so close they say and look Bullitt not Mach1.
Lol. The only thing in common is both have 5 spokes man. Those on the base Mach1 look like crap by comparison. And I'm not a fan of my wheels :).

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I don't think that's correct. They look just like my Bullitt's (outside diameter), but they're proper tips, meaning double-walled construction. And I think the Bullitt's exhaust is 3-1/2" at the most, so doubt they're 1" larger in diameter. Maybe one of the guys there can measure them, and I bet they won't be 4-1/2"
Here’s what we have right now. We’ll know for sure when someone gets underneath and measures them.
It also gets a GT500 rear valance and 4.5-inch dual exhaust tips.

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX, 2014 Honda VFR800F
Personally, for me this car has all the right stuff. I loved the Bullitt, but disliked the transmission (not nearly as bad as the 1st-gen MT-82 in my 2012, though) and disliked the choice of transmission gearing even more. The 3160 and the ratios it's using fixes all of that and will undoubtedly give the 5.0 what it's deserved since 2011. On the other side of the fence, equipping the 10A will make it the quickest (0-60 / 1/4 mile) Mustang below a GT500.

They've also given the car the coolers it SHOULD have had (at least on the high-performance packages) since day one.

IMHO, the only real point of concern here is the price. For those of us living in Canada, the Bullitt was only offered as a loaded car. It came with every option available. The car is just over $60k before you add taxes. We all know there are still quite a few of those cars (2019's included) sitting on lots still... The Mach 1 needs to be priced very close to what the Bullitt was in order to remain competitive.

Speaking of competition: A 2SS/1LE is already cheaper than a Bullitt. In order to compete with that car, the Mach 1 will obviously need the HP option selected. If that car is priced anywhere close to $70k...then the ZL1 becomes the main rival as that car is just over $72k. Like most of you, I think the Mustang is the more desirable car, though. It's the main car I'm looking at right now, besides a widebody Challenger (of all things).

TLDR: Price is going to be a massive factor in the success of this car. Unless, it has some special sauce, that isn't apparent by just reading the black & white...much like the GT350.

Sponsored

evh5150vanhalen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Personally, for me this car has all the right stuff. I loved the Bullitt, but disliked the transmission (not nearly as bad as the 1st-gen MT-82 in my 2012, though) and disliked the choice of transmission gearing even more. The 3160 and the ratios it's using fixes all of that and will undoubtedly give the 5.0 what it's deserved since 2011. On the other side of the fence, equipping the 10A will make it the quickest (0-60 / 1/4 mile) Mustang below a GT500.

They've also given the car the coolers it SHOULD have had (at least on the high-performance packages) since day one.

IMHO, the only real point of concern here is the price. For those of us living in Canada, the Bullitt was only offered as a loaded car. It came with every option available. The car is just over $60k before you add taxes. We all know there are still quite a few of those cars (2019's included) sitting on lots still... The Mach 1 needs to be priced very close to what the Bullitt was in order to remain competitive.

Speaking of competition: A 2SS/1LE is already cheaper than a Bullitt. In order to compete with that car, the Mach 1 will obviously need the HP option selected. If that car is priced anywhere close to $70k...then the ZL1 becomes the main rival as that car is just over $72k. Like most of you, I think the Mustang is the more desirable car, though. It's the main car I'm looking at right now, besides a widebody Challenger (of all things).

TLDR: Price is going to be a massive factor in the success of this car. Unless, it has some special sauce, that isn't apparent by just reading the black & white...much like the GT350.
I agree with the price thing, my 2019 PP2 stickered for $59,200 without the B&O and Recaro’s.. I’m really thinking hard about this Mach 1 because of the upgraded components over mine. I really can’t see(hope) them stickering this car over 65-66. But I could be sadly mistaken.. hell a fully loaded 2020 Challenger T/A 392 goes for 72.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The handling package car seems to have valves... but they're not visible anymore. The pipes have a down bend, but you can see a 'band' on the inner pipe, which I believe to be a valve. One of the guys there need to confirm that.

On a separate note, I really like the ratios of my MT-82 D4. But now I'm curious which are the ratios of the 3160 that will be in the Mach1. Does anybody have both, to compare them side to side? Thx.

FlatRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N0404
I wish some folks who were at the Oklahoma show would have taken close up shots of the two different wheels. I like them both, but really want to see their finishes up close.

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I wish some folks who were at the Oklahoma show would have taken close up shots of the two different wheels. I like them both, but really want to see their finishes up close.
Look further back up the post...i just put the performace pack wheel put up. There are already some of the base model wheel fuether back too. If ya cant find them let me know and I'll post it again.

Sponsored

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
The handling package car seems to have valves... but they're not visible anymore. The pipes have a down bend, but you can see a 'band' on the inner pipe, which I believe to be a valve. One of the guys there need to confirm that.

On a separate note, I really like the ratios of my MT-82 D4. But now I'm curious which are the ratios of the 3160 that will be in the Mach1. Does anybody have both, to compare them side to side? Thx.
I looked and didn't see a valve like the one on my AE. Not really sure what that clamp looking part is on the inboard pipe. At least they put real tips on the Mach 1 and not the chopped off pipe like on my PP2.

FlatRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N0404
Great thanks Arknsawchuck, I really do like the HP wheel, more of a matte finish that what I was seeing in the official Ford press release IMO. I can’t get over how FJG changes color in just about every picture I’ve seen. Gorgeous.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Loving that rear end on the Mach 1. The more pictures I see, the more I am liking fighter jet gray.