Sponsored

People who over complicate everything are exhusting

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
IM sure you know someone like this. Thye can turn even the simplest thing into a 4 day affair that requires 17 trips and 2 tanks of gas to complete something that can be handled with a screwdriver.

Example: Paying a electric bill. Easy way : Autodraft...done. My mother in laws way: Wont do email statement so has to wait on bill, Wont get mail at home even though have mailbox so has P.O. Box on other side of town in one of the worst congested traffic areas. Goes and checks for bill several times. Gets bill and has to write a check but wont mail it. Then Takes check to other other side of town to a pawn shop that has bill pay. waits in line 30 mins to pay bill and get receipt. Then waits for electric company to send the mail saying they got the payment in the mail again that she wont get at home so another trip to the P.O. Box. to them bring it home and write it in her ledger. Jesus..... and she knows how to use technology she does it all the time.

Another example, she has a rental property and she doesn't like talking to the people. So she asks me to go get rent. IM like why dont they just mail you the check? well then we have to go through the mailbox dance so ill just go get it. I drive right past her bank but no i cant deposit it she wants the cash. So now shes going out of town for a week and im gonna do some landscaping, I sayhey leave a few hundred bucks so I can get your stuff and we dont need to do checks (thats another nightmare story) she says ok, Now mind you shes only got one bank account, I say well just give it to me out of that rent money. well the next moring she comes back from the bank with some money, I asked whats this? she says i went to bank to get you some money for landscaping. I ask why didnt she just give it to my from the rent money? Oh so you took the rent money to the bank? NO IM taking that later???? so later comes i want lunch I ask her if she wants to come along. she says yes. we are in the car and she says we need to go to the bank so she can get some money for lunch? Jesus... Im like what? just use the rent money its all the same account. No i have to put that in sperate. so we go to bank again and she gets out 20 dollars and still does not put the rent money in. I say well put the rent money in. she says Ill do it later. we go home after lunch she gets in her car I ask where ya going? to the bank to put the rent money in....

And she complains daily how hard everything is and all shes doing is so many chores .... Ive know severl people like this its exhusting to be around them.

She know how to use the internet and email and all that and shes smart shes just always been this way.
Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
She won’t be around forever, learn to appreciate it for what it is. Clearly she appreciates and trusts you. My mom did/does a lot of quirky stuff that gets under my skin but I’ve learned to chalk it up to “just being mom” and I’m thankful for every moment she’s around.

CoolRod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hell i got exhausted just reading that!

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Maybe OP's MIL has nothing better to do with her time, though I have worked with some folks that make some things more difficult than necessary.

Sponsored

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
Standing in line at Dollar General, low IQ teller won’t sell cigarettes to an old woman 70+ without a picture ID. Old lady trying to dig around for five minutes looking for it, husband starts arguing bout old they are. Then finally rings up the sale and they’re a quarter short for $3.52 purchase.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Standing in line at Dollar General, low IQ teller won’t sell cigarettes to an old woman 70+ without a picture ID. Old lady trying to dig around for five minutes looking for it, husband starts arguing bout old they are. Then finally rings up the sale and they’re a quarter short for $3.52 purchase.
Well, low IQ is harsh lol. I use to work for Dollar general while in school a few years ago. They are on Camera. Its Dollar general policy have to have I D for tobacco . If you are caught selling it without seeing ID you get fired period. They do review cameras daily to check. Smokers should know this as Dollar general is not the only place does this. Dollar general customers are not the brightest pennies. I could fill up 7 forums of idiot customer stories. But this is more a stupidity thing not a over complicating it thing.

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
Your right, I should’ve said a stickler for following protocol. Still ridiculous!
Sponsored