SSally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
From today's Wall Street Journal:
As the U.S. auto business re- starts, car buyers returning to showrooms are likely to con- front a frustrating reality: slim- mer pickings and fewer deals on the new-car lot.

Ford Motor Co.’s U.S. sales chief, Mark LaNeve, said Tues- day that auto-industry spending on discounts and sales promotions moderated in May and is likely to drop further in June as inventories get thinner.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
just wait till the June (and probably July) numbers are catastrophic and rebates will get cranked up again. The used market needs to unwedge itself and pronto for new car sales to start up again.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
just wait till the June (and probably July) numbers are catastrophic and rebates will get cranked up again. The used market needs to unwedge itself and pronto for new car sales to start up again.
Hertz going bankrupt and tossing an extra, say, 100,000 cars onto the used car market may keep the wedge in there for a while.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I picked up Hertz at 50 cents and could not be happier
just dont' expect to exit your position in a timely fashion (if at all) using RobbinHood as your broker.

Sponsored

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
June and July numbers may be bad, but remember too that inventory is down. Supply & demand...

That's what I ran into, buying my car last month. Slim pickins.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Yea I am glad I bought when I did but didn't quite get the car I wanted. Finding a Mustang GT Premium with PP1 and 6MT was surprisingly hard. I ended up without a Premium but a PP1 with 6MT and the color I wanted. Now I got to add leather and Sync 3 as the base 6 spkr stereo literally sucks balls.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Yea I am glad I bought when I did but didn't quite get the car I wanted. Finding a Mustang GT Premium with PP1 and 6MT was surprisingly hard. I ended up without a Premium but a PP1 with 6MT and the color I wanted. Now I got to add leather and Sync 3 as the base 6 spkr stereo literally sucks balls.
man a dealer locally to me that’s all they had!

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
man a dealer locally to me that’s all they had!

Actually I don't mind the Base 300a car, but I have to admit coming out of a 2013 BMW E92 M3 that I owned since new that was full leather and such it was an adjustment. I sold the car thinking or there would be a ton of inventory...there wasn't. What made it worse a lot of deals don't want to do a dealer trade. I found one but it was 100 miles away.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Actually I don't mind the Base 300a car, but I have to admit coming out of a 2013 BMW E92 M3 that I owned since new that was full leather and such it was an adjustment. I sold the car thinking or there would be a ton of inventory...there wasn't. What made it worse a lot of deals don't want to do a dealer trade. I found one but it was 100 miles away.
I got my car how I wanted the 401a, B&O, white and black PP1. Beast of a ride!

AGM2018

This is exactly why I didn't buy a new 'Stang in the last couple of months, in spite of the availability of high rebates and low financing...I knew I would never be satisfied unless I found and purchased the exact car I wanted.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
I almost jumped back in but the deal wasn’t sweet enough to get me over some admin reasons why it is not quite ideal for me to get a mustang again quite yet. If they had come down another 2k, I might have bit. If that same blue GT is still there in Oct they might get an end of year sale if the deals pick back up.

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package
This is exactly why I didn't buy a new 'Stang in the last couple of months, in spite of the availability of high rebates and low financing...I knew I would never be satisfied unless I found and purchased the exact car I wanted.
That is why I ordered my Mustang in early February and by the time I took delivery in May I got 0% financing from Ford. I am glad I didn’t settle for what was on the lot. Salt Lake City isn’t known for having a wide variety of Mustangs for sale. I would guess Florida, Texas, Arizona or California would have a broad selection.
Sponsored