Sponsored

Timing Instructions GT350?

Darthmayxj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Are the instructions for removing the timing chains and reinstalling them the same for the voodoo as they are on the coyote? About to install a GT500 oil pan and pump on a buddies 350. I have done like 10 or so OPG installs on the coyotes motor but never on the voodoo.
Sponsored

loco_GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Vehicle Showcase
No they are not the same, the voodoo engine is a little different. There are a couple of videos on YouTube that shows how it is done. Here is one of them, if I remember correctly this video does a good job explaining it.:

Honeybadger on this site also did a good video showing how to do it as well. Here is a link to his video:

OP
OP

Darthmayxj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
No they are not the same, the voodoo engine is a little different. There are a couple of videos on YouTube that shows how it is done. Here is one of them, if I remember correctly this video does a good job explaining it.:

Honeybadger on this site also did a good video showing how to do it as well. Here is a link to his video:
Awesome thanks for confirming. I just double checked and the Chiltons online for the 2017 Mustang has all of the Voodoo Stuff in it now so I can do that again if the video doesn't essssplain.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Built, Odin 979 HP, 2019 GT350 Stock
Wish I would have found this thread months ago. I had to purchase a 72 hour pass to access Fords service manual on the GT350.
Sponsored