Convertible 2020-21 GT500 Photos

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
The question is.... If they sell a convertible and it doesn't go as fast around the track, will there be a class action suit?

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
So was this in Michigan? Where....?

One of the clay model photos that was leaked had a spoiler or wing that kicked out on each end but you couldn't see the center section of it. This looks to be the same spoiler which is very odd.
I believe so. I asked the sender for more details on the location. He said it had manufacturer plates on it and I don't think he has any reason to lie about that. I'll follow up here if I get more location info.

I’m sure it’s just a GT with a GT500 clip on it. There is no dive panes or winglets on the front of the rocker panels as well as small brakes.
Probably something to distract us. Maybe a Mach1 convertible.
Not sure if the brakes are small or not, but the lack of dive planes and winglets could easily be because this is a prototype. They often have missing or incorrect parts on them. Are there people putting full GT500 front ends and hoods on their GTs to make clones? I don't follow this forum closely enough to know.

Venomous Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500/2019 F-350 / 2021 Bronco First Edition
I don’t necessarily doubt it’s a prototype of some sort. Just seems odd that such a track hyped version would get a convertible. I could be very wrong here. But they went to the trouble to badge it but not put a few simple aero pieces and those brakes do not appear to me to be GT500 spec from what I can tell from the photos. The 500 rotors fill up the front wheels fairly well. If those are 350 wheels, which they look like, they would be 19 inch not 20s if memory serves. Just doesn’t scream GT500 to me.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
I believe so. I asked the sender for more details on the location. He said it had manufacturer plates on it and I don't think he has any reason to lie about that. I'll follow up here if I get more location info.

Not sure if the brakes are small or not, but the lack of dive planes and winglets could easily be because this is a prototype. They often have missing or incorrect parts on them. Are there people putting full GT500 front ends and hoods on their GTs to make clones? I don't follow this forum closely enough to know.
Plenty of people doing the fake aftermarket GT500 bumpers but I have not seen anyone doing a legit conversion (with fenders and hood) like the car above has. (If it’s not a GT500)

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
So the same person (Trev9667 on YouTube) saw it at the same intersection today in Dearborn Michigan. Looking closer he realized it’s a dealer plate, as you can see, not a manufacturer plate. So this could just be a one-off, but he tried asking the driver about it and said the guy didn’t seem to know anything about the car or at least acted that way. If it’s a knock off, they even went to the trouble of putting the newer tail lights on, or put old headlights on a 2018+. It’s a mystery to me but the brakes do seem too small.
208D5C2B-4E23-430C-ADC2-C85B6EA09D21.jpeg
AF0E140C-FC3B-4386-B667-4F2034C8F4FE.jpeg

NoReins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work in Progress
Plenty of people doing the fake aftermarket GT500 bumpers but I have not seen anyone doing a legit conversion (with fenders and hood) like the car above has. (If it’s not a GT500)
Dont think anyone has done a full blown GT500 conversion yet with OEM Parts. The Front of the car has the 2015-2017/GT350/GT500 Headlights. The Rear Bumper is definitely a 2018+ Bumper because the license plate area is shaped differently on the 2018+ bumper compared to the 15-17 Bumper. The Hood definitely has the GT500 hood pins on it, the aftermarket GT500 hoods i seen do not have those hood pins.

To me i think this is legit, unless someone went through the trouble of converting their 2015-2017 Mustang with an aftermarket GT500 front bumper and slapped on a 2018+ rear bumper

NoReins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work in Progress
So the same person (Trev9667 on YouTube) saw it at the same intersection today in Dearborn Michigan. Looking closer he realized it’s a dealer plate, as you can see, not a manufacturer plate. So this could just be a one-off, but he tried asking the driver about it and said the guy didn’t seem to know anything about the car or at least acted that way. If it’s a knock off, they even went to the trouble of putting the newer tail lights on, or put old headlights on a 2018+. It’s a mystery to me but the brakes do seem too small.
208D5C2B-4E23-430C-ADC2-C85B6EA09D21.jpeg
AF0E140C-FC3B-4386-B667-4F2034C8F4FE.jpeg
The Rear Bumper is definitely a 2018+ Bumper, since the Rear Diffuser and License Plate area is shaped differently compared to a 2015-2017 Mustang

To bad he couldnt get a quick shot of the interior because that would definitely provided some answers

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
The real question is, what does the exhaust sound like?

Venomous Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
That appears to be a performance pack gt wing.
My opinion is this is a 2018 or newer gt that someone got ahold of a front clip from 500, till I’m proven wrong that is. Maybe one of those cars that we’re on the trailer that fell over on the way to Penske became a donor.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
...the guy didn’t seem to know anything about the car or at least acted that way.
No way a real man is driving that car around with the top down, cruising, and hasn't a clue about what he's driving. Or he's a politician that stumbled upon the car after a long day on the job.

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
I'm not going to say one way or the other but to the guys who keep bringing up the spoiler/wing....you do realize a fastback spoiler/wing DOES NOT fit a S550 vert....right?

Ok I know I'm only talking to a select few here but how cool would it be if Ford left off some of the "track" specific stuff like some of the aero, a couple of the coolers, the DCT(waste on a vert) and offered a Tremac manual or 10R80 trans and maybe the PP2 6 piston Brembo rotors with 19" GT350 wheels in a 325/285 set up with the Predator powerplant and all the styling pieces......not sure about anyone else but the term "like stink on sh!t" or "white on rice" especially if it's in the starting price range of a coupe.....

Venomous Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, for me it’s more like stinky sh!t. Horsepower , handling and convertible just don’t mix well in my book. That said for those who want something like this I hope it happens.

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
Horsepower , handling and convertible just don’t mix well in my book.
Nobody who is serious about tracking a car is going to be out there in a vert although the S550 with magnaride like my pp 18 with gt350 springs is worlds better than any of the S197 verts....still that's why I said leave most of the upgraded track stuff off. A great looking, collectible, stanced out badass that breaks necks on the boulevard and is still a straight line monster ? Yeah, would certainly own one over a C8 or or pretty much anything else under $100K....

OP
OP
sebounet

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 conv gt auto, var exhaust,shaker, safety pack
Sorry, for me it’s more like stinky sh!t. Horsepower , handling and convertible just don’t mix well in my book. That said for those who want something like this I hope it happens.
most track don t allow convertible or you need to have a real roll cage. A convertible will be heavier. But a shelby convertible has something special compare to regular GT and you won t see a lot of them. Plus Shelby keep a good value Over the years.
Sponsored