SP080 vs SP083

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Umm, didn't know there was a new version.

Are they really that much better.. My car would like stock with only a .88" drop in the front. lol
Yeah it came out a while ago.
I don't know. The lower drop is better for handling purposes due to a lesser geometry change over stock. IMO the new version is a little better but I wouldn't change yours unless you have a good reason to.

Old:
1.2" front - 300 lb/in
0.5" rear - 980 lb/in

New:
0.88" front - 250 lb/in
0.75" rear - 980 lb/in
Sponsored

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Bilsteins are something to consider. I have used them in the past on different vehicles and I can definitely appreciate the quality of shock/strut they make. I just haven't sat down and added up the cost difference. I know they are more, my question is are they worth X amount over the FR set.
The FRPP Track kit is a better value if bought as a full set; you get new mounts along with great struts and shocks. With that said, I still bought the Bilsteins based on reputation and experiences on past cars. Can’t go wrong either way.

OP
OP
Nuked

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
The FRPP Track kit is a better value if bought as a full set; you get new mounts along with great struts and shocks. With that said, I still bought the Bilsteins based on reputation and experiences on past cars. Can’t go wrong either way.
Thanks Roadway. That is kind of how I was looking at it, once I buy the additional stuff the price difference starts to become larger. Also I can still use my Steeda rear mounts with the FRPP kit whereas I believe the Bilstiens require me to purchase a different sized sleeve.

OP
OP
Nuked

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just to provide an update. Decided to order the SP083 springs, FRPP shock/strut kit, BMR front sway bar, Whiteline endlinks for front and the Steeda bumpsteer/roll center kit. Hoping to get an appointment to have installed and an alignment sometime next week.

Sponsored

Meat coyote racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Just to provide an update. Decided to order the SP083 springs, FRPP shock/strut kit, BMR front sway bar, Whiteline endlinks for front and the Steeda bumpsteer/roll center kit. Hoping to get an appointment to have installed and an alignment sometime next week.
How did everything turn out? You and I have the same tire size, what's the offset on your wheels?

I just bought the Ford Performanc Track Strut and Shock kit with a set of BMR SP083 Handling Springs based on threads like this. However, I have wheel poke in the rear and am not sure if my offsets are going to have any negative affects.

My current setup is:
19x10.5 +35 front with 285/35 R888R
19x11.5 +56 rear with 325/30 R888R
Eibach front & rear sway bars
Bmr aluminum Vertical endlinks
BMR cradle lockout kit

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nuked

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How did everything turn out? You and I have the same tire size, what's the offset on your wheels?

I just bought the Ford Performanc Track Strut and Shock kit with a set of BMR SP083 Handling Springs based on threads like this. However, I have wheel poke in the rear and am not sure if my offsets are going to have any negative affects.

My current setup is:
19x10.5 +35 front with 285/35 R888R
19x11.5 +56 rear with 325/30 R888R
Eibach front & rear sway bars
Bmr aluminum Vertical endlinks
BMR cradle lockout kit
I have 19x11 with a 50mm offset on mine. So the outside should be the same and your inside is 1/2" closer to the shock. Shouldn't be any problems I wouldn't think.

So far I am pretty happy with the setup, I decided against the front bar at this time. There was a delay on availability and pushed my timeline to close, so I will roll with the stock PP bars for now. I am in Florida for the next week and a half, so won't be able to really get a feel for the handling until I get back to WV. These roads down here are nice if you want to go fast in a straight line, but VERY boring compared to what I am used to lol.

crcpdx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have 11.5 wheels +56 with 325 4s tires on the back. No poke. Do both sides poke? Sometimes if you drop both sides of the rear at the same time it can shift to one side or the other causing one side to poke while the other is tucked. Anyway lateral grip on the car is very good and the suspension is unbelievable. I still can't believe how tight and fast the car is through corners

Meat coyote racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I have 11.5 wheels +56 with 325 4s tires on the back. No poke. Do both sides poke? Sometimes if you drop both sides of the rear at the same time it can shift to one side or the other causing one side to poke while the other is tucked. Anyway lateral grip on the car is very good and the suspension is unbelievable. I still can't believe how tight and fast the car is through corners
Both sides are the same. Maybe I'll get lucky and not have to worry about it. Worst case, I'll adjust camber or roll the fender
20200620_184811.jpg
20200620_184841.jpg
Sponsored