Sponsored

Accuracy of the g-force gauges

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic PP1 Magneride 401A manual Roush stage 2
Well so you can see I am at the very bottom of Ohio lol
no good roads at all !!!
2 hours to Columbus
2 hours to Lexington
Just over 2 hours to Cincinnati
just over 2 hours to Hebron
Ironton Ohio in in the middle of 2 hours to a Apple store lol
IMG_5008.PNG
IMG_5009.PNG
Sponsored

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic PP1 Magneride 401A manual Roush stage 2
And that's likely to happen in a sensor that doesn't allow for the influence of pitch.
I am heading to get my sons car next Friday at Camp Lejeune but will not be taking Mustang lol my 13 year old said please lets take moms car I don't want to ride in the back of Mustang that far. I wouldn't want to either wife drives a QX56 plenty of room.
Any way I can't wait to have his car for while he is gone to see how well it does lol 2015 WRX
His 4 years are up in Jan but said he wants to be a Drill instructor in San Diego your town
He was there for 2 weeks and loves it out there and if it happens I plan on a road trip so might see ya one day

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I could see where a car could see a larger than normal expected lateral force for an instant. But that number certainly couldn't be sustained. The lateral force sensor could be sensitive enough to read that initial jolt, and display it on the screen.
If GPS data is being sampled at 10 Hz, it seems only reasonable that internal accelerometer readings would be taken at a similar pace, so I don't think you'd be apt to 'miss' capturing peak readings by much.

I'd be more concerned with errors in internal accelerometer readings due to the effect of banking, much less so for roll or pitch. The meter isn't going to understand that - similar to the aerodynamic effect - the car effectively becomes heavier without adding mass. A 6° banking (a 10.5% grade, which is fairly steep) is probably producing lateral g-readings about 10% high. That still makes 1.2g peaks and 1.05g sustained (corrected from the following g-trace) entirely believable.

full.jpg

Frank S - too bad that the C/D article failed to consider the Aim Solo.

Norm

Marketplaza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT shadow black and 18 dodge caravan
Well so you can see I am at the very bottom of Ohio lol
no good roads at all !!!
2 hours to Columbus
2 hours to Lexington
Just over 2 hours to Cincinnati
just over 2 hours to Hebron
Ironton Ohio in in the middle of 2 hours to a Apple store lol
IMG_5008.PNG
IMG_5009.PNG
I noticed your by Lexington,KY. I am always working there. It’s a weird city as it’s main highway circles it but then turns into a regular road. Then back into a highway. I’m from Wichita and we don’t have highways like that. I’ve only seen one in Lexington that’s built like that. But other than that it’s kinda boring there. Not much to do besides going gambling at the race track in Louisville. Which I think is 30 min away if I remember correctly.
Sponsored