Sponsored

MPT Tune Officially out

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I wish MPT would sell me a tune in CA to try against AMR. And I had the same issue when coming to a stop, I begged to have the shift timing changed but I think the revised file I was sent was just a stock transmission map with a motor tune..
Put any other address info, they aren't shipping you anything if you already have a tuner. Do the emission testers know anything about your tune or that you even have one if you don't leave the tuner plugged in? I don't think it'd be possible for them to know the difference between AMR or MPT, so the only difference is MPT won't "ship" to CA, but shipping for a tune is only email.
Sponsored

Crooklyn

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.coleokumphoto.com
First Name
Cole
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic Metallic 5.0
Put any other address info, they aren't shipping you anything if you already have a tuner. Do the emission testers know anything about your tune or that you even have one if you don't leave the tuner plugged in? I don't think it'd be possible for them to know the difference between AMR or MPT, so the only difference is MPT won't "ship" to CA, but shipping for a tune is only email.
They have an address requirement on the account page. I tried to buy my tuner from them initially but they canceled it and said they wont ship anything or send tunes.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
They have an address requirement on the account page. I tried to buy my tuner from them initially but they canceled it and said they wont ship anything or send tunes.
That's why i said "Put any other address info". Aka don't say you're in CA since it literally won't matter as they only email you a file.

SouthernCyclone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang 3.7 TT
If you notice any races between a Auto MPT and AMR 3.7 cars with the same mods and gears. You will see the AMR car pulls harder out of the hole but the MPT tuned car passes it and keeps on pulling all the way up top. Why I said if you have auto car MPT car hands down. The disparity might not be as much on manual versions.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
M....P.....T period. Many a reasons why for me, but bottom line MPT.

Sponsored

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 w/051A Met. Guard w/foundry wheels
Does MPT have an E85 tune for V6? Or is it not worth the trouble?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Does MPT have an E85 tune for V6? Or is it not worth the trouble?
I'm pretty sure they'll do it if you ask. Been some debate on whether you need new injectors for it or not, but in the past some members have gotten it without changing injectors. From what I've seen the "go-to" injectors are the LU47 ones which MPT sells for $300 (if you buy from them, they offer free retune).

Good for maybe 10hp, but don't forget the fuel economy hit (and hopefully cheaper prices to fill up).

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm pretty sure they'll do it if you ask. Been some debate on whether you need new injectors for it or not, but in the past some members have gotten it without changing injectors. From what I've seen the "go-to" injectors are the LU47 ones which MPT sells for $300 (if you buy from them, they offer free retune).

Good for maybe 10hp, but don't forget the fuel economy hit (and hopefully cheaper prices to fill up).
Ok, I really want to affect the shifting, a power gain would be a bonus. I'm on the fence due to the cost....

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, I really want to affect the shifting, a power gain would be a bonus. I'm on the fence due to the cost....
Do you have a tune yet or no? If not, get a plain 93 tune and then see if you want any more. Their trans tuning for the autos is top notch.

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No I don't have a tune. Just F150 throttle body and GT exhaust. Its a cool car !!

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Gotcha, then you definitely would want the MPT tune for 93 and that's it for now. That'll run you $450 including the tuner and gets you the much improved shifting and a good power increase (lets say 20-30 hp and tq). E85 would be another $300 ish at least for another 10ish hp on top of that.

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Nagare, I'll need another check from the orange guy....

Otto Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange V6
No I don't have a tune. Just F150 throttle body and GT exhaust. Its a cool car !!
What does the F150 throttle body do?

--

Guys, I think I want the tune and gears as my next two mods. Could I do the tune, then get gears installed? Or do you think I should get gears first, then the tune?

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think a little sound but nothin much on the butt dino. (its the 2014 v8 part with a new tube to the airbox).
My guess is a tweak to the tune would help.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
What does the F150 throttle body do?

--

Guys, I think I want the tune and gears as my next two mods. Could I do the tune, then get gears installed? Or do you think I should get gears first, then the tune?
On an untuned car it feels like you just lightly tuned it. Particularly off a stop and acceleration punch. After tune, it isn't noticeable except it will clean up the power delivery and you will feel a stronger stop to go in conjunction with a good tune.
Sponsored