Sponsored

Question on how to Roll Race 10 Speed Auto

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
How do you set the car up to roll race with the 10 speed automatic?

Coming from a manual boosted 2017 to a boosted 2019 401A auto with 600 miles so far and trying to figuring things out during break in.

Do you put the transmission in D or S?

What Drive Mode do you select like Sport+, Track, Drag or Normal?

If you pull in the paddle shift to downshift to get it to an appropriate gear does it upshift automatically? My Hellcat is so simple you just hold the left paddle down and it drops to the lowest safest gear and you nail it and it shifts automatically.

Thanks for your assistance in advance!
Sponsored

Adamb258

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Shopping 2019 GT
Most go into drag mode, S on shifter, select gear.

nail it

Gently tap it into D after you hit it and it’ll take over

Adamb258

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Shopping 2019 GT
You can also stab throttle very quickly and let it down shift right at start of or before race/honks

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Put shifter in Sport, hit the paddle shifter to select the optimum gear for best rpm, trans will stay in this gear and will not up or down shift.

As soon as you got WOT, bump shifter in Drive and let the computer take over.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
lol... Overly complicated

Drag mode... Downshift to 3rd or 4th... Blast it. No need to select anything on the shift selector. Just keep it in D and drag mode. If you're lazy just put it in drag and pump the accelerator and it will automatically downshift for you and as long as it's in drag mode it will stay in a lower gear, then blast it. That's what I usually do.

Sponsored

OP
OP
hossman

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I’m going to try it out. Thanks for the advice!

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10

Drag mode... Downshift to 3rd or 4th... Blast it. No need to select anything on the shift selector. Just keep it in D and drag mode. If you're lazy just put it in drag and pump the accelerator and it will automatically downshift for you and as long as it's in drag mode it will stay in a lower gear, then blast it. That's what I usually do.
I didn't realize this. I'll try that when I get my car back together.

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10

Just tried this in track and drag mode doing 60. Wanted to see how long it would hold the gear. Track dropped gears to about 5k rpm for 8 seconds before starting to shift back upwards. Drag dropped down an extra gear to about 6k rpm but only held it for about 5 seconds before starting to upshift. Tried it again in track mode at a 40mph roll and about threw myself through the front windshield?? Twice matter of fact

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Were you going backwards?
No. Im not sure why it done what it done but I was able to replicate it during the slower roll. It was like it downshifted and then slammed into an even lower gear and thats when it gave me a sudden jolt almost like I hit the brakes

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
No. Im not sure why it done what it done but I was able to replicate it during the slower roll. It was like it downshifted and then slammed into an even lower gear and thats when it gave me a sudden jolt almost like I hit the brakes
Yeah it will do that. Depends on the speed\current gear. Sometimes it will even do that to me in normal mode if i'm already in a low gear.

Sponsored

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
You can also stab throttle very quickly and let it down shift right at start of or before race/honks
I just tried that yesterday that's so cool. I never knew you could set it up that way when u roll race.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I had a annoying BMW on my ass so I decided to try out my 123mph bug. My car has been shifting half the time when starting out at around 75 and flooring it. I'm finding i'm in 7th before 123mph half the time. Something that didn't happen in the past.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Thought you A10 guys get bragging about 'point and shoot' . What I read here is a set of procedures for a simple roll race ? LOL . That's why I like my MANual . Drop a gear , see ya !

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thought you A10 guys get bragging about 'point and shoot' . What I read here is a set of procedures for a simple roll race ? LOL . That's why I like my MANual . Drop a gear , see ya !
dropping manually to 3rd on 60 roll
Manually is still the best practice. Then the a10 makes you his bitch.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
dropping manually to 3rd on 60 roll
Manually is still the best practice. Then the a10 makes you his bitch.
From a roll ? Dream on buddy haha
Sponsored