Sponsored

Time to upgrade to a Fuel system, here is what I’m considering.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Just got off the phone with the Beefcake a few hours ago and he made me an offer I couldn’t refuse. And the key is, he has everything in stock including Walbro pumps so here is what i bought: this is pump gas/ race gas only set up, not e-85:

2011-2017 Mustang GT L1 Fuel System (dual pump) 42-521
Fuels:Gasoline / race gas (<15% ethanol)
Primary Fuel Pump:Walbro GSS342 G3
Secondary Fuel Pump(s):Walbro GSS342 G3
Electrical Upgrade:FC3 Staged Controller with wiring
Regulation L1/E:F1i
Fuel Lines:pTFE -8 Feed & Return
Filter Media:Cellulose
Filter Length:Upgrade to 128mm Filter
Mechanical Gauge:0-100 psi Fuel Pressure Gauge
Pressure Switch:Honeywell Pressure Switch for FC3
He sold me a great kit at that budget price i was looking for..

Link:https://www.teambeefcakeracing.com/budget-e85-fuel-system.html

Thanks Beefcake!!!
Have you talked to your tuner about running the Hobbs? I was running the stage 2 kit with Hobbs and was seeing some intermittent fuel issues above 7500rpm. I disconnected the Hobbs and run both pumps full time and issue went away. I have left it that way at the recommendation of my tuner. DIX here as well.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dominant1

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Have you talked to your tuner about running the Hobbs? I was running the stage 2 kit with Hobbs and was seeing some intermittent fuel issues above 7500rpm. I disconnected the Hobbs and run both pumps full time and issue went away. I have left it that way at the recommendation of my tuner. DIX here as well.
Me no not yet, but “ Barrel” Who posted in this thread a few pages back uses this set up except its triple pump with that hobbs switch. He is also tuned by my tuner Adam Brown @ Revolution Automotive in Baltimore Md. he didn’t mention any issues with his set up.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Just got off the phone with the Beefcake a few hours ago and he made me an offer I couldn’t refuse. And the key is, he has everything in stock including Walbro pumps so here is what i bought: This is a pump gas/ race gas only set up, not e-85:

2011-2017 Mustang GT L1 Fuel System (dual pump) 42-521
Fuels:Gasoline / race gas (<15% ethanol)
Primary Fuel Pump:Walbro GSS342 G3
Secondary Fuel Pump(s):Walbro GSS342 G3
Electrical Upgrade:FC3 Staged Controller with wiring
Regulation L1/E:F1i
Fuel Lines:pTFE -8 Feed & Return
Filter Media:Cellulose
Filter Length:Upgrade to 128mm Filter
Mechanical Gauge:0-100 psi Fuel Pressure Gauge
Pressure Switch:Honeywell Pressure Switch for FC3
He sold me a great kit at that budget price i was looking for..

Link:https://www.teambeefcakeracing.com/budget-e85-fuel-system.html

Thanks Beefcake!!!
good deal. there are always people here willing to make a deal. I'm glad you found what you needed. Beefcake is one of the most trusted vendors on this site as well.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I wonder if it was a voltage problem, likely a spike when the hobbs triggered a relay and the relay maybe having a bad contact/intermittent contact?

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Me no not yet, but “ Barrel” Who posted in this thread a few pages back uses this set up except its triple pump with that hobbs switch. He is also tuned by my tuner Adam Brown @ Revolution Automotive in Baltimore Md. he didn’t mention any issues with his set up.
My hobbs triggers the third fuel pump at something like 5PSI. The third pump for me is for the sustained WOT I do during half mile events. Car is about to go on the dyno to test the new setup. We'll see if it works as intended above 1000whp like we think.

Sponsored

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
I wonder if it was a voltage problem, likely a spike when the hobbs triggered a relay and the relay maybe having a bad contact/intermittent contact?
Not sure it was even coming on. Running twin 465's... think I was maxing out one pump and not triggering the second one.
log data.jpg

OP
OP
Dominant1

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Update got my UPS tracking # today for my fuel system. The beefcake has them in stock ready to go, so go and get some!!!

crcpdx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I love Terry, and have spent about 10k with him, but to be fair I got my shipping notification today from Lethal also

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
I love Terry, and have spent about 10k with him, but to be fair I got my shipping notification today from Lethal also
Thanks again for your business. Wonder which one of these is yours? These are all the systems we're shipping today.
i-MR55CkT-X2.jpg

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
FYI , I have been waiting for the pumps since 6/3 and was told a week to 10 days at that time. Not saying this is Lethal's fault as it is out of their control, but I think they are just guessing at an arrival time.
Unfortunately Walbro plants shut down due to Covid19. We sold out completely out of our stock. We received our 255 and 485 pumps in last week. We expect the 465s to be in stock by next week. We ship the pumps same day with our fuel systems upon our pump deliveries.

Sponsored

Spoolingitup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 TT vert, 2011 GT vert, 1991 5.0 vert,1970 M1
FYI—So I called VMP again today and they said the problem is with the plastic buckets that the pumps are mounted on. They have no idea when any will be available so I’m just going to use my factory bucket and mount them myself after waiting 7 weeks. It won’t be a plug and play purchase anymore but I need my car going.

OP
OP
Dominant1

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
FYI—So I called VMP again today and they said the problem is with the plastic buckets that the pumps are mounted on. They have no idea when any will be available so I’m just going to use my factory bucket and mount them myself after waiting 7 weeks. It won’t be a plug and play purchase anymore but I need my car going.
sorry to hear that buddy, i feel for ya, you gotta do what you gotta do to get her running..hang in there ... When your car is done all this crap will be behind you..

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
All of these systems will be obsolete in a few months.

I'm assembling my own custom system and currently it's a combination of all sorts of sources. I'll post up a full write up and vids and pics in the coming months, but the Fore/VMP/Lethal/JPC/Sai Li kits all have the same flaws.

1) Most of them don't offer a bucket. Some of them maintain the OEM bucket. Here's the problem with no bucket. Most modern mustangs (in the past several years) are IRS cars. How does IRS have anything to do with fuel? Well, that means we have saddle bag style tanks that straddle the drive shaft tunnel. That means there's an active side and a "passive" side. The current systems available generally involve a "jet syphon" to draw fuel from the passive side over to the active tank (and keep the bucket filled and supplied). I have yet to see a low pressure lift pump utilized to transfer over fuel from the other side, and that would be a solution, but come at extra expense of pump, wiring , plumbing and added current load to the system.

2) All of the kits mentioned in this thread are crudely controlled. That is to say, they're binary on/off with some sort of staged control. Not variable at all and it looks more like a series of flow plateaus. I've read that most tuners want a 3 pump system staged as 2 + 1. That way if one pump takes a dump, there's a second pump already flowing to add an element of safety. What that safety costs is heat. Most of these brush style pumps are running upward of 20 amps each. That's 40 amps running FULL TIME with a 3rd pump added via switch (generally indexed to boost pressure, set at like 4 psi of boost).

3) The current market offerings are mainly for trailer queens and drag mostly cars. They leave a lot desired for true streetability. I want to be able to make long left turns without the car starving for fuel and burning up my motor. I want to be able to drive 3 hours at 2k rpms without boiling the fuel. I don't want to have to run 1/2 or more (on E-85) and fill up every 100 miles because I'm scared of starving out the pumps (and blowing up my motor).

There's a better solution and it's coming. In the past couple of months I've spoken to most of the major players, some of them extensively and repeatedly (Fuelab, Radium, Fore, Deatschwerks, Aeromotive). Most of them have an idea about how flawed the current offerings are, but have little confidence the market is wanting a better solution.

I've pieced together an in tank, brushless system, that is fully demand variable controlled, indexed for boost, that maintains a bucket/baffling, and actually improves the syphoning from the reserve side.

No more worrying about running 1/4 tank. No more tooling around for 2 hours bouncing between 40-60 amps and heating the fuel (and sending way too much unnecessary fuel back to the tank). This system will idle at roughly 16 amps and max out at less than 40 amps (flowing nearly 700 liter/hour at 75 psi). Essentially, it will flow as much (or more) than the current offerings and do it much more efficiently and elegantly.

It is more expensive, but not ridiculously so. I'll post up photos and vids as I complete this project, as I'm fairly sure there'll be others interested in replicating my approach.
Sponsored