Sponsored

PP1 Nickle Finish Wheels- are they worth it?

abie915

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP, '16 EB PP

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
In Canada these are a $1500 Option, apparently there is no weight saving. Is this just a fasion statement?

I kind of like the look but it bugs me there may be no performance advantage.

Thoughts?
I think I would just use the $1,500 to buy a set of these if you want the PP1 specs. You could use the black ones for winter tires.

https://www.tsw.com/alloy_wheels_mechanica.php

RafaMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT Premium, PP, Ruby Red
Does anyone know the part # for these wheels? Or maybe even have a set for sale...

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Ah, I confused because they offered a nickle version of the standard PP mesh wheels in like 2016. As a no cost option as I recall.

Paying another $750 or $1500 for the same size wheels seems like it's over priced unless you really don't like the standard wheels, or really like the optional ones. My bet is the optional ones are still super heavy, and so have no performance advantage.

Part of the reason I was asking is OE Wheels offer lighter, 19x10 PP style wheels in black or silver finishes for less money (~$600 per set). If you like the PP mesh styling. So wider, lighter, cheaper, the trifecta of wheel buying. Plus you have the standard wheels to sell, or use for your winter set.
Sponsored