This is the brand new 2021 Mustang Mach-1

John_B

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Sold
I guess i don’t understand when the Mach 1 turned into a track car? I wasn’t around for the first one but the 03/04 wasn’t “track oriented” from what i remember it was a few suspension bits but mainly the 4V motor compared to the 2v in the gt was the big difference. It was basically the cobra without the blower to have something in between the two on power level. The GT was 260hp and the cobra was 390hp with the Mach 1 being 305hp. Back then 45hp was a a big difference.

If they know they are doing the boss 302 next gen, and the gt350 was just here and still here as we speak, Why not make the Mach 1 more of a straight line car and bump the hp to 500 but don’t make it handle as well as the gt350 so it doesn’t take away from those sales. And then the boss 302 would be a track car with the laguna seca being the “handling pack” of this Mach 1.
Sponsored

fkscreennames

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Magnetic Metallic
I find it quite amazing how much people are bitching about parts bin and how it should have been this and it should have been that and it should have a shaker scoop and it should have 525+ HP, etc. And then bitch about the price too. Get real. These are trying times for Ford Motor Company and we should all feel blessed that they actually made the effort and investment to serve up not one but even two great goodbye versions for the S550 by combining elements from the GT (10AT), PP2, GT350 and GT500 and all this without the expenses of the Shelby name and the unreliability of the Voodoo engine. And even bring it around the globe, because outside the US/Can no official dealer has ever sold a GT350, GT500 or PP2 for that matter.

Now let's see if they also have the good sense to read the current market right and price it like an end-of-life and soon to be outdated model should be priced.
Lol seriously. Imagine being “disappointed” by a 480 HP V8 car, as if you’re gonna be able to use all that power when most people don’t even go to the track.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I just did a price sheet for all that I have in my PP2 and included the following and got:
2020 Gt PP2 premium
Base PP2 $39,880
Twister Orange $495
Black Racing stripe $495
401A $2200
Enhanced security $395
Perf Pack 2 $6500
Safe and Smart Pack $1000
Active exhaust $895
Recaro Leather front seats $1595
Premium floor liners front and rear $170
B & O stereo $995
Cargo area protector $110
destination charges $1,195

Total $55,905 for a fully loaded 2020 PP2. That is with Premium pack, and all the other goodies that make driving more comfortable. No one said you cannot strip it down to a base and pay less. The premium is another $2200 (listed as 401A pack if I recall). So you will save that and any other bits I have included as 'Fully Loaded'. I should have listed what I meant as fully loaded so maybe this will help a bit as to why I list what I listed./

I just think adding a a diff cooler and upping the other coolers that the PP2 has is going to cost at least $1-3K We are already at $56K and we did not add the bigger wing, custom grill, GT350 bits.
I still feel this car could hit $57-62K fully loaded and from my other attempts this kinda confirms my way of estimating. It is only my guess.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Yeah, and I love that it comes standard with ...

Magnaride.

*backs slowly out of room*

The pandemic has drained all my fire hair out of me unfortunately lol.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Lol seriously. Imagine being “disappointed” by a 480 HP V8 car, as if you’re gonna be able to use all that power when most people don’t even go to the track.
Well, some of us were interested in the ultimate NA straight line beast that could be had from the factory, while still being a competent handler. At least me, that is. 480 isn't what I hoped for.

It's going to be interesting to see what's what once the configurator goes live to see where Ford decided to price things.....

Sponsored

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Well, some of us were interested in the ultimate NA straight line beast that could be had from the factory, while still being a competent handler. At least me, that is. 480 isn't what I hoped for.

It's going to be interesting to see what's what once the configurator goes live to see where Ford decided to price things.....
There is always a supercharger you can add....

To me, the Mustang, even from the factory was a base to do more with. You add what you need, tune and adjust and make it the ride of your dreams. I rarely see a car from the factory at our price point coming maxed out and perfect. The Mach 1 is better, has a cool factor and has still more places with add-ons to go...

Ed M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT convertible
Well, some of us were interested in the ultimate NA straight line beast that could be had from the factory, while still being a competent handler.
Isn’t that what Ford made? The Mach 1/A10 should be quicker than the GT/PP1/PP2/GT350.

LetItRide1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Looking forward to figuring out what parts from the Mach 1 will work with my PP1 car with MagneRide. I already have the new power pack and MagneRide handing pack installed. Based on the press release, these parts below might may be potential upgrades to my current setup. Not that any of this would be necessary for the average person, but still cool to think about.

1. Belly pan
  2. Various cooling stuff
  3. Stiffer steering I-Shaft
  4. Brake Booster from PP2
  5. Stiffer subframe bushings
  6. Rear toe-link from GT500
  7. Could also swap out my GT350 track pack spoiler

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
As Sam Axe (Burn Notice) would have said, "Mustang owners are a bunch of bitchy little girls". So much good about the new Mach 1 and all you hear is what it should have had, what it doesn't have, yata, yata, yata.

First off the Mach 1 is not a Bullitt+ it is a GT++++. The Bullitt was a movie car special. Essentially a fully loaded GT PP1 with green paint. It was not a track focused car, either strip or race course. So enough with the Bullitt already, move on. Also if you recall from the get go the price difference between a fully loaded GT and a Bullitt was virtually non-existent so once again just use the GT as a starting point.

Secondly, this MACH 1 is giving potential buyers almost everything you've been asking for. You wanted a Tremec, you got it (except JC, of course). Actually a Tremec +. Coolers, you wanted coolers, you got them. For you auto folks, you got the 10R80. OK, not on the HP, but I'm willing to bet there's a good reason for that. Eventually we will find out.

Lastly pricing. Good lord, we have been dealing with $50K GT's for three years now. Take a fully loaded GT, add the Tremec, coolers, maybe the HP and all other goodies and what did you expect? $40K. Get real. This is a $60K car. If this is to high, fine, stop bitching about it and don't buy it. Many on here like it, and are going to be buying it. This will most likely be the last special S550 so pricing is what it is.

One last note, some have pointed out Ford's financial issues. They could have easily killed the Mach 1. But they didn't. Based on what we have now seen it appears to be an awesome car. Let's celebrate what it is, not what everyone would have liked to have seen.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Isn’t that what Ford made? The Mach 1/A10 should be quicker than the GT/PP1/PP2/GT350.
It's close. But anybody that springs for a base A10 GT that throws a flex tune into it will probably stomp it - maybe even without a tune. Not enough to differentiate the model power-wise, IMO. All it would have taken is GT350 heads and cam profiles for a proper bump. Same parts bin as the rest.

Last edited:

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Keep in mind that there is no HP with auto. Maybe wishful thinking. :please:
good point, I revised it removing it. When I first saw things, I missed that it was a manual only option. Being a manual driver, I did not pay much attention to what the auto has or does not.

The auto is just not my cup of tea. It has its place but not in my driveway!!

So there you go. ford found a way to get the price increase for the auto out of a manual driver by offering an exclusive handling package !!!

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
As for the HP package, they can charge what they charge. Is it possible it can be as little as 1500-2500, sure. Can it be more, of course. When I posted the price and revised it, I did not know how much of the PP2 would be in the base Mach 1. Seeing the spec sheet someone posted, I could see the PP2 is included more in the base Mach 1.

Since you are so interested in my estimate, I revised it :).
I lowered the handling package to $2K and changed the cooler total for the three to $2K down form $3900. It still puts MY ESTIMATE ( and it is only my estimate) at:

Automatic: $62,750 with everything (Handling pack at $2,000)
Manual: $60,900 with everything (Handling pack at $2,000)

If you prefer the base Mach 1 it will be about:
Automatic: $60,750 with everything except handling pack at $2,000)
Manual: $58,900 with everything except handling pack at $2,000)

In the end, back in 2019, my car's MSRP was a little more than 53K and I got everything (Premium and all else) except Recaros. Since then, the car was increased in price and the guzzler tax added and that alone adds about $3K, give or take. Add in the 500 wing, wider rear tires than the PP2 (315 vs 305 PP2), new tuning, new grill, larger coolers than what came on the PP2, graphics, etc. and I could add $1-3K for that which brings us up damn close to my previous estimate. In the end, it would be pretty remarkable if I am off by a couple grand from a guy who has no experience in car sales. At least I am taking an educated guess and offering my reasoning. If I am high, I will be pleasantly surprised and maybe more will be willing to buy. If I am low, I REALLY do not know what they are going to charge and everyone will get sticker shock

In the end, it is only my guess. Why not post your own?
Haha I don't mean to seem like I am so hung up on your guess just that price for the handling pack shocked me is all. So I will throw my guess out there

Using a mix of PP2 and Bullitt prices I am going to say adding in the coolers and the tremec will put a starting price of the manual at 53 and 54 for the auto. I am being a little conservative on that since everything has already been developed they are just pulling it out of the parts bin for the most part.

handling pack tops 2500, recaros 1600, and if they have an electronics package like the Bullitt does 2100. So I am guessing maxed out at 59,200. Part of that is also that it needs IMO to stay below GT350 pricing. Even though the GT350 is going away (is that 100% confirmed) It would be a very bad look if it came in at the same or above GT350 pricing

Ed M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT convertible
It's close. But anybody that springs for a base A10 GT that throws a flex tune into it will probably stomp it - maybe even without a tune. Not enough to differentiate the model power-wise, IMO. All it would have taken is GT350 heads and cam profiles for a proper bump. Same parts bin as the rest.
You wrote “...can be had from the factory...” Does an A10 GT come from the factory with a flex tune?
Sponsored