This is the brand new 2021 Mustang Mach-1

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
They didn't do it for the PP2, GT350 or GT500 which has the same width or close to the same width wheels.
GT350 and GT500 have wider fenders. They may've slipped it under the radar, with it still only being a 'GT' on the PP2, but the Mach 1 being a seperate model/trim what have you they couldn't manage.
Sponsored

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
GT350 and GT500 have wider fenders. They may've slipped it under the radar, with it still only being a 'GT' on the PP2, but the Mach 1 being a seperate model/trim what have you they couldn't manage.
Do not like them at all. They could have made a new fender for 2021 for all the mustangs that was just a bit wider. Doubt anyone would notice and if it hung lower, it would have been appreciated by most.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Looks like Ford saw my rear setup and said that looks niiice lol
Nice. Is that an OEM GT500 valance? Aftermarket (but still a "GT500" part)?

They didn't do it for the PP2, GT350 or GT500 which has the same width or close to the same width wheels.
GT350/500 have larger/much larger front fenders, no need.

[edit]

Oops, already answered :)

5.0AVP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rapid Red 401A PP1 GT
To me Ford did a great job here with the Mach. They listened. Some of the main gripes I have read/heard about the GT have been the trans, the lack of coolers, the inability to get the 10 speed with the PP2, and the Cup 2s being the only tire available with the PP2. Basically the Bullitt wasn't hardcore enough and the PP2 didn't quite finish the job. The Mach is the best of both worlds with a little Shelby thrown in. If this car were starting at 45k I would be a bit bummed I didn't wait before I bought my 20 GT PP1. Tremec and additional 20hp and I don't have to take the Cup2s? Yes please!

However, I think the price is going to be a bit more than I wanted to spend. I haven't done the extensive analysis that Fly2High has but just knowing that a Bullitt starts at 48800 with destination and gas guzzler tax makes me believe this car will start in the 52-54 range due to the trans and coolers. While it appears cloth is an option the digital dash is standard. There isn't that large a delta between a GT 301A and a GT 400A. Any money saved by checking cloth will be minimal at best. Knowing I won't actually track the car outside of autocross it would be a waste for me.

One curious thing is that it comes standard with the Tremec (which I assume is more expensive than an MT-82) but the auto is an option. Will the auto be a no cost option or still 1500?

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
Do not like them at all. They could have made a new fender for 2021 for all the mustangs that was just a bit wider. Doubt anyone would notice and if it hung lower, it would have been appreciated by most.
agreed, how hard would it have been to roll our the lip slightly? and the front and rear fenders not matching I don't think will look great, but one of those things I'll need to see more of the car and the colors I want to make that decision.

Sponsored

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I always thought the PP2 front wheels stuck out a bit more than was typically allowed, yeah, maybe they gto called out / new model requirements / etc., so this is a fix.

One curious thing is that it comes standard with the Tremec (which I assume is more expensive than an MT-82) but the auto is an option. Will the auto be a no cost option or still 1500?
Great question. I'm wondering if the cost due to the pricier Tremec (if that's the case), will wind up being no cost difference.

And if I'm understanding it correctly, you get a Mach I with a Tremec manual 6-speed or an A10, regardless of the Handling Package, but the HP is only available to cars with a 6-speed (like the MY15-17 Perf Package, which was always a bummer ...)

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Am I the only one to notice that they put flairs around the fender on the Handling Package white car? It looks like a black plastic lip was added
you're a couple days late. :) Go look at a C7 Grandsport/Z06. Instead of flaring the fenders for the wider tires, they slapped on a 1" plastic trim that sticks out at right angles. Ford just copied GM.

I don't know why they couldn't have just used the GT350's wider fenders for both Mach1 configs but it would have required a new mold and Ford dind't want to bother.

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Oh and the MSRP on my 19' PP2 was close to 52k. No way this ride fully pimped out is under that. Slap some ADM and you're easily in 60s.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
you're a couple days late. :) Go look at a C7 Grandsport/Z06. Instead of flaring the fenders for the wider tires, they slapped on a 1" plastic trim that sticks out at right angles. Ford just copied GM.
the bronco is apparently getting a similiar treatment, just flat stuck out flares, but like 4"

Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Not a good enough bounce for me, personally @IronG. The rumored 525 HP would have thrown me into Mach 1 lust mode again.
Agreed on the HP bump, not quite checking the box.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Anyone in an 18+ GT, this is not for you at all. I think people still in the Gen2 coyotes, this is the move to make in my opinion. I think the package looks great. Tune it with that GT350 manifold and slap some E85 in it and you've got a great track car without the headaches of the 5.2L Voodoo engine issues.

Aero, oil cooler, transmission cooler, both badass transmission options, Magneride, and the GT500 diffuser in the rear. To say this car is only a slight upgrade over my 17 is an understatement. The power could have been bumped a bit higher, but I'm okay with that. Tuning will fix it.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting that the rear deck panel has dropped the lines from the 18 and gone back flat again - I prefer that :like:

I really like those handling pack wheels too ... :sunglasses:

WD :like:

mjr1989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack
The more I read about this and take everything into consideration, the more I find myself appreciating this car. Am I a little disappointed and underwhelmed about the engine and power numbers? Yeah, a little bit. But I'm really starting to appreciate what Ford did with the redesigned front end, Tremec 6 speed, and coolers. The overall look of the car is well done too, in my opinion. If the price doesn't get too crazy, ideally starting at $51-52,000, this actually will be a performance bargain.

Last edited: