Sponsored

Show me your wheel rack solution

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Hey, just looking for some ideas on how to go about this. I've done my own research and know the variety of ways to do this but as always, we got to hear it from our other members to influence us on which direction to go.

Pics, worth some bucks for sure. Additionally, feel free to answer the below.
1) Did you install the wheel rack on the side with the least expensive vehicle was parked? (e.g. in the event the rack fell; let's hope not right?)
2) Any issues with center bowing after x amount of years of installation?
3) Have you had to replace your wheel rack?
4) Can you fit some meaty tires? (vague, you can define what's meaty)
5) Don't bother offering floor solutions, I just don't got the space.
Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I am about to have a similar dilemma. I have a new set of SVE R350 19x10 wheels sitting in the garage waiting to have the factory PP1 PS4S tires mounted on them for warm weather. I will then use the factory PP1 wheels w/ Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ for cool weather. Since they will have wheels/tires and the PP1 + A/S will weigh around 60 lbs each, I don't want to put all that load (240 lbs total) on a single wall. I plan to build multiple racks and distribute the load throughout several walls. I haven't given any thought into what the racks will look like yet, so I'm all ears (eyes) for ideas as well.

maniak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang v6, 1978 Ford Quadravan 4x4, 1992 Ford Explorer, 2000 Civic HX, 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
Here is mine. It's 1" square tubing and it was pulled from a car trailer more than a decade ago. It has metal legs that go to the floor and then 2 horizontal parts 3/4 the way up for the tires to rest on. It's a really simple design. I just installed it in the shed and if I wanted to anchor it I'd just build a bracket to hold it to the studs on the wall.

With Mustang Tires..
cXuzLZE.jpg

Better Shot of the rack/shed from years ago.
4445609423_cd82a0d677_b_d.jpg

Tires on the rack is a space saver spare from my old Honda, a set of 2019 GT PP1 tires and wheels, and a pair of tires for a Ninja 1000 with room for more (empty space is hidden behind the shelves on the right. I've had no problems with the rack bending or even rusting (helps being in a desert).

~Mark

edit: sorry about the size of the pic. I have no idea how to shrink it when I post on here.
Sponsored