Sponsored

Tire noise

Kenbike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GT convertible loaded
2015 GT convert with Steeda adjustable shocks all the way around, most rubber bushings replaced with poly, lowering springs 1 " in front and stock springs in the rear.
Have Vorsteiner VFF-103 20 x 10 front and 20 x 11 rear with 273/35 r20 front and 315/35 r 20 rear continental DSW4 all seasons with 2000 miles and they make so much road noise I need ear plugs!
Last set of tires was Michelin PS4s in the same size front back. I went all season to have the car safer in the fall and spring in Ohio, never drive in winter.
I will go back to PSW4 in the same 275/35R20 but want to go with 295/35 R20 that is .6" shorter and .7" narrower to have more clearance. Get some inner fender rubbing on big bumps.
Word to the wise the DSW4 's are a good tire for traction but really exhibit road noise, and they have a much softer sidewall that really adversely effects the car in hard corners.

Also looking for ideas to keep all of the squeaks from the poly bushings from being so bad, has anyone found ways to quite it down?
Sponsored