Sponsored

rancid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Finally cable to contribute. Picked her up about 3 weeks ago, 2019 GT Auto.

Need to figure out how to safely clean the rotors without damaging the rims. Going to buy some steeda lowering springs, 20% tint, front splitter swap & spoiler swap, add an Hpipe and keep this one safe under warranty for a bit. First convertible, I have really been enjoying it.
20200607_113700.jpg
20200607_113703.jpg
20200607_113711.jpg
20200607_113803.jpg

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
That's the paint, not the body design. If you switched paint jobs, you'd say the same about the Mustang. Velocity is a multi-coat pearl. Sublime is much a much flatter color.
Yup a LOT of this has to do with sun's direction, and the pure fact that sublime is almost flat (It's actually a very tight metallic but looks flat at distance) and that sublime picks up and amplifies light like crazy. VB gets darker as the light begins to get reduced. Sublime doesn't really do that, it changes to a highlighter yellow shade. It's also a comparison of a sedan vs a coupe. Mustang went for that Euro sport look with their design whereas dodge tried to stick with the large, boxy muscle look with the challenger and charger. To each their own lol.

I go back and forth daily which car I love more aesthetically. I feel like the charger nailed the muscle sedan perfectly, and on the road it looks menacing as hell, especially completely tinted. But i also absolutely love the sport look of the mustang. Two very different vehicles.

Sponsored

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
Yeah, I used a circular polarizer to shoot the Mustang, and it really showed the effect. I got shots at the same lighting/angle that ranged from teal to deep sapphire. I've even been asked multiple times if it was a wrap.

Having to choose which car to drive in the morning has been a great problem to have :like:
Haha I actually don't really drive the Charger anymore. The woman generally drives it now. Too many small irks about it that just drove me absolutely crazy. It's a fun car to drive when I do, but it just doesn't compare to the GT, especially after going E85 (Blower will be going on soon as well). In every single way except dead straight the car fights against you constantly. The 6.4 does a GREAT job of making a 5000 lb car feel like it weighs 2500 lbs, until you take even the slightest bend. The car isn't confidence inspiring, doesn't handle very well, stops like a brick even with massive 6 pistons, and can be quite twitchy in sport or track mode, which is pretty dangerous for newer drivers. And if you think mustangs eat through tires...it doesn't even come close lol.

With that said, it still looks and sounds phenomenal.