Dead battery 2020 BULLITT

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
I just gave it the flat palm death grip on each side and it wasn’t that bad.
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'll find out soon enough if I can do that too. Ha ha. Now my only slight concern is I couldn't find a 96R AGM in FORScan (there're only 3 choices), so would have to leave the setting the same, I guess (96R FLA 590CCA). The problem with AGMs is you can overcharge them if float charge is 14.4V, but don't think our cars with BMS go that high, especially with a load on the engine. Hopefully an expert will chime in :).

OP
OP
20CanadianBullitt

20CanadianBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang BULLITT L1667
Quick update. The car was dead again this weekend, had to boost it with my new portable booster pack (just bought this after the first incident). Had it to the dealer today, they hooked it up and said “there’s nothing wrong with your battery, sorry Ford will not allow a replacement”.

I’m not impressed, not one bit. A brand new car, I need to carry a battery booster pack because I don’t know that when I turn it off it will actually restart. I told the dealer, besides the inconvenience, it’s embarrassing - not only for me, but for FORD as well.

I am escalating this. Unacceptable BS!

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Wow, unacceptable. Something is definitely off.
If you have no other issues like stalling while you're driving, or other weird electrical issues while driving, it couldn't be the alternator either.
What dealer are you going to? The dealer should at least have offered to look into it more, perform diagnostics for things like the overall charging system health, or even parasitic drain (constant or intermittent).

OP
OP
20CanadianBullitt

20CanadianBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Fraser in Oshawa. To start, they had me booked into Fast Lane which was not the right place for a car with a battery issue. When I questioned that on arrival this morning, they assured me they could check the battery out properly in their Fast Lane department.

total BS. I’m not impressed. These people think we have nothing better to do than run back and forth to their dealership.

Sponsored

OP
OP
20CanadianBullitt

20CanadianBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
The only weird thing happening is, the rear view camera doesn’t work even half the time. I suggested to them this might be part of the battery issue.

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Gotcha. You're absolutely right, Fast Lane is strange to be dealing with this issue. Also, yes, battery / charging issues cause weird electronics probs on these newer cars, whereby even if the battery is not completely dead, when its on the way out, weird behaviour and dash warnings for accessories can go haywire.

This is my big beef with dealers - even if a car is great, or even if the car isn't perfect and has some issues, owners have some amount patience - the problem is the DEALER experience will kill everything.

I would definitely raise this, Don. Alternatively, you could bite the bullit (no pun intended) buy a battery out of pocket, and if it still has probs, you know there's a larger issue.

OP
OP
20CanadianBullitt

20CanadianBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for your feedback. I’ve gotten the impression from this forum that the OE battery as provided by FoMoCo is not what you’d consider a premium piece.

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I agree - the Battery seems real cheap - quite a handful of others with battery issues. Keep us posted, and good luck with the outcome.

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
Try AutoZone if they're in Canada.theyll load test your battery and install a new one if needed
I'd go for 700cca at minimum.think optimum makes one for new mustang and AutoZone carries them

Sponsored

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Unfortunately we don't, but good suggestion - we have a place called PartSource which can do the same, can't recall if they do it for free.

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
We can share how we get these issues handled w/nearly 100% success rate.

Call dealership,
Ask for DEALER PRINCIPAL, and for his full name, and name of individual who owns, or what auto group owns dealership, and its office headquarters.

Either push u theu to any and all voicemails,
(can take muti calls to cover everyone's voicemail boxes)
And although 90% of the time u get a voicemail, start w/leaving a message ,
NOT about actual issue, but complete dissatisfaction of service departments handling of a clear warranty problem.
Less u say on voicemail, the better.
Too much
Just like this post, u wont read it!!@!
Haha!! Or het things fixed when u dont read they entire direction, @, least in our experience.. just ours....

Start there. Principal and owners voicemail boxes.
Repeated calling, and if u can get email addresses, send those @ 7am & 4 pm daily, to both peeps.
If u and they hav a fax #, also send your concise fax note saying you hav an issue u must discuss immediately!!

I've never chewed out
( well, politely, mostly..
and once a yelling match. M But dont do as I do, do as I say, no raising of voice)
No mention of "ur lawyer either..NEVER
MOST big companies instruct all managanent to politely terminate call once "your attorney" is mentioned, and they say for u to hav urs contact theres.
And now ur done, w/o $395 an hr to get a $100 battery fixed.

A dealership principle, or the owner,
( sometimes same guy, often not)...
In our experience, has the pwr to tell his right hand man in service,
to get on this customers car in shop,
and FIXED NOW!!

I'm not special, just know that if you get the right person involved, all red tape melts away.

I have $700 chk (695) from my dealership, 2 was after purchase and all papers done .
... to fix my "complaints" of our new Bullitt, dealership delivered, free, 2.5 hrs away, on trailer.(not driven like most do)

After getting into the
*owners/principal's*
chit, I got everything I asked for. Could hav likely gotten more. Why be greedy.
U just want a nee battery or ur electronic anomaly fixed. I'd pose it as that, rather than just needing a battery, UNLESS UR 1000% Sure it's clearly only a battery.
To high risk to push that agenda, from 30,000 ft looking down at your problem.

For those in car business, u already know getting cash bk from a dealer by most people's accounts, is nearly impossible w/o an ATTORNEY and months involved.
That principal. He can wave a magic want and give u a new car , if he is feeling generous that day. He wont. But he can.
In my business I can do anything I chose.
Warranty parts that are 10 yrs old, and pay for 500 milrle tow Bill's if what I did warranted that dort of service.
And I hav given that service type to many, including owner of Rent A Vette, in Snobbsdale, AZ.
Great client, new whl bearing w/240 miles on it goes bad driving to San Diego car show. I tow him, Saturday overtime by best gear shop in SoCal, and makes it too show and wins his class.
Bill on my Enfield for a $20 axle bearing
( wholesale, $44 retail) was $1485, parts and labor for social gear shops overtime Sat rate, as new timken bearing gav up on Friday, headed to show.
Car was Super Stk leaf spring mopar move in, w/ 8 3/4 rearend, narrowed/new axles, bearings, studs. And moved in leafs.
Entire build was not much more than what I pd to get him to show and win his class.. all from our pocket.. from us. As owner.

I could hav said I will warranty u a new bearing, and even the $40 for remove & replacement, as any normal repair shop would only do. He calls me from side of Interstate 8,
Not triple A, or a tow trk. He wants ME TO MAKE IT RIGHT. & as owner of shop who tk his money for the wrk, , I did.

He spent apot w us, sent us wrk, & won car shows w/ every car we did for him.

Its not that difficult. Calm persistence.

Gotta stay calm. Gotta get to the point.
Again, not like this post.. I know..

Gotta explain this is a HUGE FINANCIAL INVESTMENT FOR YOU,
And in order to continue to protect it, you must be able to turn the key, start the car, and drive it..
Like drive it to them, or any authorized Ford repair center. Fir oil chugs, or warranties, or whatever. But this anomollie must be addressed ASAP.
For both future routine maintaining of this expensive investment , by either there dealership or any Ford dealer, and right now, as you cannot even get car to a repair facility w/o a jump box dirtying up ur new purchase of $40k+..or whatever it cost.

Politltely remind them that good news travels slow, & bad new, bad reviews,
FAST, IN Todays world of internet forums..
1 lost car sale per month, from tou telling everyone you know, and family, about ur experience @there dealership, or chain of dealerships.
They can easily lose 1 car sale a month for as long as you keep telling everyone u know that u are disappointed and dissatisfied w/there handling of your new car electronics issue.

Maybe more than 1 car a month...
Maybe 12-24 car sales losses per yr,
& thats is a big deal. Cuz u will not stop reminding people of your disatisfaction.

U dont hav to listen, its ur car.
I'm just sharing how we get results got 2
new batt .
1 in a car I didnt even buy.
They can warranty it. They just gotta want too.
Otherwise, you have a transient voltage issue.
If bk up camera isn't working properly, anyone will likely tell u either u hav a low voltage issue or another system malfunction.

I hate battery testers, even really high quality 1s, as they prematurely ruin batterys.
That said, if u ha. A local battery chain of stores that test car batterys.
Enuff load tests, will kill that thing to the point ford Ford will hav to warranty it.
U got 12 months on full non prorated replacement of a Motorcraft battery, in any new car purchase.

Hope u do not hav to live w/jump box much longer.
Like we said. Every autozone,/o'Reilly hav batt load testers.
Do it enuff, and if ur batt is truly borderline now, it will put it in its grave.

Do not stand near battery while being tested.
They can, and will explode on rare occasion.
When Motorcraft builds 250,000 batterys a yr, or more. On occasion, they build 1 w/inheritant internal plate composition anomalies which result in premature failure.
Something undetectable early in its lifespan.
Right guy can make all ur problems go away.
Might even get a kick bk chk if you get lucky. I'm certainly not only guy in the world who gets Lowes to take $60 cash, directly out of the drawer, and sheepishly ask if that's enuff to compensate us for a, $9.56 bucket of spackle that was bad,
( wouldn't cure)..
As I told him my shop rate was $85 an hr, and we wasted a lot of time doing repairs to an office @ a much greater cost that the bucket is.
Could I hav gotten more that 3-$20 Bill's straight from the till.

Likely. But why be greedy.

The $695 this past week, from Ford dealer, paid for our initial, detailing of new 308 bullitt, & the color correction needed before the clear protective film
( track peak car wrap )
& ceramic coating over entire body, was applied on it.
Goid luck &
Regards,

Blkbllt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullit
Fraser in Oshawa. To start, they had me booked into Fast Lane which was not the right place for a car with a battery issue. When I questioned that on arrival this morning, they assured me they could check the battery out properly in their Fast Lane department.

total BS. I’m not impressed. These people think we have nothing better to do than run back and forth to their dealership.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I replaced the piece of crap flooded-cell Motorcraft, with a proper AGM (same 96R size) from Advanced Auto. I think selling dealer would have replaced mine, meaning driving 100 miles to get it (local dealers no way), since car sat for months at dealership, and I told them to replace it, which they replied only if you have trouble with it. And I did, barely holding charge, but since I wanted something better and safer (no spills possible), just spent the $200 for the piece of mind. Good luck.

OP
OP
20CanadianBullitt

20CanadianBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
The Service Manager just called, genuine concern and very apologetic. She wants the car back for a proper load test, clearly there’s an issue and she is determined to find and eliminate it. This should have been done properly the first time but I know things don’t always go the way they should. I will update after my next appointment.
Sponsored