Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Nice cars no doubt
Thanks 95CobraR.
Like that avatar, having my first Mustang now added to the mix. Looking forward to the new driving experiences it is bringing.

A real road warrior, supension sensations, and power is thrilling.

Planing ahead, do my own work on the cars. Mustang being low requiring it to be rasied from the sides.

Is the challenge, figure once I do it a few times I'll have it sorted out.

Using a friends lift to install the X pipe, considered the possibility of using the rear housing as a lift point. As to the front, need to study that some more

The concern is having one side on stands, getting the other side up. Without pushing it off the stands, rails are there.

The ol front to rear lift seems more stable, could be over thinking it.

Pep

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Thanks 95CobraR.
Like that avatar, having my first Mustang now added to the mix. Looking forward to the new driving experiences it is bringing.

A real road warrior, supension sensations, and power is thrilling.

Planing ahead, do my own work on the cars. Mustang being low requiring it to be rasied from the sides.

Is the challenge, figure once I do it a few times I'll have it sorted out.

Using a friends lift to install the X pipe, considered the possibility of using the rear housing as a lift point. As to the front, need to study that some more

The concern is having one side on stands, getting the other side up. Without pushing it off the stands, rails are there.

Pep

Super simple method, install jacking rails from Steeda. Have these on my GT350 and I can lift the cars in two steps easily and fully support it with 4 jackstands.

https://www.steeda.com/Steeda-S550-...is-Jacking-Rails-2015-2020-Coupe_p_15941.html

49919756328_389d4d50e7_k.jpg

Sponsored

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
I need to get those jacking rails. In the meantime, I can lift one side at a time just fine and place them on padded jack stands without worrying about the pinch welds. Can't take it to high though, like Pep says, or I worry about tipping the first side off the stands. I can get it plenty high enough to get my fat ass under there alright. But not high enough to do an exhaust, etc.

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
First, I drive up on some wood 2" X 6" ramps to get some height before the floor jack.

Thanks 95CobraR.

I work on my cars and do it my way. It's one of a hundred ways to do it. I say work on it and figure out your way.

I don't really have my way yet as the GT350 car will be a year old in two months. It's a virgin. :sunglasses: I'll get it up and working on it this summer. That is one reason to post here and participate in SE and GA events. We share tech and talk cars then beat them up in the 6 Gap Mountains. Good fun.

I owned the 1965 Mustang race car for 17-18 years. It was wrecked twice which I fixed with the help of a frame straightener guy. I pulled the engine for a rebuild six times. I remember the bolt sizes. Here at Road Atlanta going down the hill before T-12. Check the grip on the LF tire:
Mustang65.jpg

The old C2 1963 Corvettes are slow so they tend to cheat the rules.

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Put rails up under the car first week I had it. That GT looks like it's on the short jack stands. The foot print of those bother me.

Just looking for a way to rotate tires and do the oil changes.

@ the Flimflamman,

Naw I would not attempt side jacking. To get the ground clearance required for exhaust work.

Now for a cool grand there is the easy or ready jack deal. But storage becomes a hassle.
"Roseanna Roseanadana"
It's always something. If it isn't one thing--it's another! It's always something.
:headbang:
Pep

Last edited:
OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
Jack Stands:
I have never trusted them with my life. I have twelve (3 sets). I always set a few as back-ups. I then shake the car before crawling under it.

I also use all personal safety equipment while on the track. I have watched 3 guys die at Road Atlanta due something unusual that happened. Be safe.
Atlfall10.jpg

I'm just glad those bullets missed me.

Sponsored

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
I do not trust them either.

If I'm taking the wheels off, I'll slide one under each side for some peace of mind. If not, then I put another set next to the ones holding up the car for backup.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I trust jack stands ok, the cheap crap they are selling as floor jacks. Now there is something to be wary of. Those hockey puck lift pads are unacceptable, found on 95% of them.

There is some (most) real junk on the market today. I only know of 2 manufactures that produce & sell safe and stout floor jacks.

rancid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Alpharetta/Cumming area checking in. Can anyone recommend a good tuning shop or place that install some parts on my 2019? Having a hard time getting anyone to respond to inquires for springs/exhaust.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Alpharetta/Cumming area checking in. Can anyone recommend a good tuning shop or place that install some parts on my 2019? Having a hard time getting anyone to respond to inquires for springs/exhaust.
Injected engineering.
Sponsored