Need help about roush axleback

oloap24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
wapz
Vehicle(s)
2017 ford mustang GT
Hi guys! I just recently bought a roush axleback for 2017 mustang gt (2nd owner). But the thing is i didnt know that my car got an aftermarket catback already. I thought its an axleback. Im just learning into DIY and car stuff but now the roush is short wont fit in the flowmaster catback. I dont know where to get the stock intermediate pipes. Should i just refund it and get the catback option? Thank you so much
Sponsored

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Why change? Send the Roush kit back. You're paying for a name.

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
Hi guys! I just recently bought a roush axleback for 2017 mustang gt (2nd owner). But the thing is i didnt know that my car got an aftermarket catback already. I thought its an axleback. Im just learning into DIY and car stuff but now the roush is short wont fit in the flowmaster catback. I dont know where to get the stock intermediate pipes. Should i just refund it and get the catback option? Thank you so much

You need a good muffler shop To fabricate connection pipes if you want to keep the Roush..They will provide custom make up pieces and weld the Roush Mufflers on for you.

If you don’t go that route then just put the Roush back up for sale to try to get some of your money back.

OP
OP
oloap24

oloap24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
wapz
Vehicle(s)
2017 ford mustang GT
Why change? Send the Roush kit back. You're paying for a name.
i just want to try the roush exhaust because alot of people are recommending me that its a good one paired with an H-pipe. I dont want to cut the catback.

OP
OP
oloap24

oloap24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
wapz
Vehicle(s)
2017 ford mustang GT
You need a good muffler shop To fabricate connection pipes if you want to keep the Roush..They will provide custom make up pieces and weld the Roush Mufflers on for you.

If you don’t go that route then just put the Roush back up for sale to try to get some of your money back.
I'll try. I didnt know that it was designed for a stock exhaust. Im still looking ways to find some intermediate pipes but no luck finding any. Thank you so much sir!

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I'll try. I didnt know that it was designed for a stock exhaust. Im still looking ways to find some intermediate pipes but no luck finding any. Thank you so much sir!

Ford maybe, it is only 3 years old, junk yard another source.

OP
OP
oloap24

oloap24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
wapz
Vehicle(s)
2017 ford mustang GT
Ford maybe, it is only 3 years old, junk yard another source.
i havent tried ford. I already called some scrapyards but no luck. I live in a town/province and the intermediate pipe are the only thing that they dont sell in parts. Thanks for helping.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Don’t see why an exhaust shop can just weld a connector pipe?
Sponsored