Bumper Cover Clip

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2020 Ford Raptor
The passenger side of my rear bumper cover has a bulge in it. Tried to push it back in but it wouldn't clip in.
The tabs on the bumper are fine, so I pulled part of the bumper back and found a broken tab in this black piece. It'll be going back to the dealer for a fix. Do they just replace this curved black strip? Can't find a part number for it.
Untitled-1_edited-1.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
FDHog

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
Did you have to remove the whole bumper?

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Performance Blue Metallic
Did you have to remove the whole bumper?
Nope you have to remove the back half of the rear inner fender to get at some bolts and I believe a couple at the bottom of the fender. You also need to remove the trunk liner on that side to access the bolts that hold that bracket on. Maybe the tail light also but then you can peel back just the side of the bumper to replace that bracket.

OP
OP
FDHog

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
Thanks
Gonna see what the dealer says, but I always hate to let the dealer do something I can do.

OP
OP
FDHog

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
OK, so I disassembled enough to get to the right side bumper cover and found out that the dealer already did the bumper gap fix. Had to drill out a rivet that they put in the bumper. It seems that when they did it, they busted the clip on the retainer. This is why I like to do things myself. Thankfully they didn't break the bumper clips.
Part is coming tomorrow.
Sponsored