Sponsored

Car and Driver 20 Greatest of All Time (spoiler)

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
So, people who live here will not be surprised; the GT350 is on C&D's GOAT list. I wasn't sure it would be there because are a lot of great cars. And in my opinion you need time to find out how great something really is - being that the GT350 is a relatively new vehicle. A lot of products seem terrific when they first come out, but then over time people realize the truth.

So - I guess I'm saying congrats to you on your good taste!

FYI - no other "pony cars" were on the list except the original 1965 Mustang.
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
So, people who live here will not be surprised; the GT350 is on C&D's GOAT list. I wasn't sure it would be there because are a lot of great cars. And in my opinion you need time to find out how great something really is - being that the GT350 is a relatively new vehicle. A lot of products seem terrific when they first come out, but then over time people realize the truth.

So - I guess I'm saying congrats to you on your good taste!

FYI - no other "pony cars" were on the list except the original 1965 Mustang.
So your saying 10% of the greatest cars ever made are Mustangs. That’s not to shabby.

Teej1911

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tobias
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350/'06 WRX Wagon/'09 Mini/'18 WRX
I was pleasantly surprised to turn the page and see ol girl made the GOAT for C&D! I think the fact they had it for a 40k mile long-term test might have helped in their selection process. I called my buddy and told him about it, and he is a Viper guy, so naturally he asked where the Viper was.. I flipped a couple pages to the end of the article and regretfully informed him it didn't make the cut. He was a couple margaritas in, so he went off into a little temper tantrum. I'll be looking forward to the C&D Back Fires section in the next few issues to read about others who feel the same as my drunk friend hahaha. Chalk up yet another win for us proud owners!

Jeffwels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage, 2016 BMW X5M
Is there a link to this article? I’m not finding anything

OP
OP
Hack

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
So your saying 10% of the greatest cars ever made are Mustangs. That’s not to shabby.
I wasn't thinking about it that way but you are right. FYI there are 6 Porsches and 4 BMWs on the list if I counted correctly. And not a single Mercedes.

Definitely people will have issues with this list that includes a Prius and a 1976 Honda Accord, but not the amazing and beautiful gull-wing Mercedes. I understand - it's tough to make a list where some cars are on there because they are popular with the masses and some cars are on there because they are amazing to drive.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Hack

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Is there a link to this article? I’m not finding anything
Sorry I read it in the magazine. I assume it will be online eventually.

OP
OP
Hack

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Paper? What? :question::crackup:
They charge such a low price for a subscription now. A buck an issue for me as a car guy is nothing. Yes paper is a bit outmoded, but I have to admit I like getting the magazine in the mail.

Jeffwels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage, 2016 BMW X5M
They charge such a low price for a subscription now. A buck an issue for me as a car guy is nothing. Yes paper is a bit outmoded, but I have to admit I like getting the magazine in the mail.
For sure, I’m just jealous! I have to wait for the content you guys have at your fingertips

Sponsored

Teej1911

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tobias
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350/'06 WRX Wagon/'09 Mini/'18 WRX
For sure, I’m just jealous! I have to wait for the content you guys have at your fingertips
Not sure if you noticed, I posted the article on this thread. It's comment #6. Enjoy the read! It's too short in my opinion, but I may be a tad biased...

OP
OP
Hack

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
More like most of the best cars are NOT mustangs.
And none of them are Camaros. There were a couple Corvettes on the list though.

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0