Sponsored

Keyless entry not working on passenger side

Rod27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT
Hello, I have a 2018 GT 10 Speed, and yesterday I noticed my key-less entry is not working on the passenger side door. The crazy thing is I can get it to work probably 1 time a day, I tried again today, but it doesn't recognize either of my key fobs. My driver door and trunk opens with no problem using key-less entry. Do anyone have an idea of what is going on here?
Sponsored

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Did you try pressing the button twice?

There is an ICP option to unlock "only driver door" or "all doors". In '16 that option could be toggled by holding both lock and unlock for a few seconds.

OP
OP

Rod27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT
Did you try pressing the button twice?

There is an ICP option to unlock "only driver door" or "all doors". In '16 that option could be toggled by holding both lock and unlock for a few seconds.
I'm talking about not using the key at all, like you can walk to the car with your key in your pocket and open a door. The passenger door is not operating correctly.

bdm219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 401A, AE, B&O
Hello, I have a 2018 GT 10 Speed, and yesterday I noticed my key-less entry is not working on the passenger side door. The crazy thing is I can get it to work probably 1 time a day, I tried again today, but it doesn't recognize either of my key fobs. My driver door and trunk opens with no problem using key-less entry. Do anyone have an idea of what is going on here?
Your entire post is exactly the same for me...all of it!

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I think my 2019 PP2 is the same. I thought the passenger side was working and now it is not. For a minute I thought that it was not suppose to work to unlock, only lock.

It must have been an update:

go into Settings (click gears on steering wheel) -> Advanced Settings - >Vehicle -> Locks

In the door lock section is a feature called 'Inhibit Switch'.
It was checked. I never recall checking it. Once I unchecked it, the passenger side door handle responded to my touch to lock and unlock.

Let me know if this corrects it for you.

I am full of it. This is NOT the solution to the problem. it was pure coincidence. I unchecked it and I still had the issue. I do not drive the car much and had it sitting for a couple days. I got in and started the car to help with charging the battery. Turned it off and the passenger side would not work to lock or unlock the door. .

Last edited:

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Now I'm going to check my car. Ha ha. I checked 'honk' and 'lights' when locking, and only lights work. I have to click twice the lock button for the horn to sound, but thought all Fords did that automatically. Similarly, the dash has a check box for DRLs on, and it was reported if you uncheck it, they stay on. Lo and behold, that's exactly the same on my car. Oh well, at least I like them on, so no issue for me :D.

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
I had a similar issue. But, it only happens if the car goes the sleep mode. And the Ford Pass app states it went into sleep mode (not enough driving of the car).

OP
OP

Rod27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT
So it seems to be working for now, I didn't even adjust the settings. So how long would the mustang take to go into sleep mode? If a few hours then that may be the problem, but if it is several days, then the issue must be in the settings or something else.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Just thought that it could be the battery on the keyfob getting low. Ford keyfobs eat batteries quicker than other cars, in my experience, and the F-150 fob was identical to the Mustang's. Try that, and see if that helps.

BigBeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium 401a PP2
I had the same issue. I disconnected my battery to install the leads for my battery tender and when I hooked the battery back up everything went back to normal. Try the ye old disconnect power wait 10 mins and reconnect it routine.

Sponsored

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
That why I don't do auto updates
.they change things that don't need changing

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
It the car is not driven long, daily, that would cause sleep mode.
In my case, I drive 17 miles to work. Then the car sits for 8-9 hours, then 17 miles back home. Within a day or so, I get the sleep mode notification. If driving for ā€˜hoursā€™, daily, youā€™d probably rarely get the sleep mode notification via the Ford Pass app.

This is merely my observation, i.e. my use case...

So it seems to be working for now, I didn't even adjust the settings. So how long would the mustang take to go into sleep mode? If a few hours then that may be the problem, but if it is several days, then the issue must be in the settings or something else.

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
It the car is not driven long, daily, that would cause sleep mode.
In my case, I drive 17 miles to work. Then the car sits for 8-9 hours, then 17 miles back home. Within a day or so, I get the sleep mode notification. If driving for ā€˜hoursā€™, daily, youā€™d probably rarely get the sleep mode notification via the Ford Pass app.

This is merely my observation, i.e. my use case...
That's weird I drive about 30 miles each way and my car sits for 10 hours and I dont get any notifications. Also on weekends I dont drive it as I use my wife's car. Car normally sits unused from friday 6pm until monday 6:30am

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I've never gotten the sleep mode. Last week I didn't drive the car Monday-Friday and didn't get it then either.

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
I think my 2019 PP2 is the same. I thought the passenger side was working and now it is not. For a minute I thought that it was not suppose to work to unlock, only lock.

It must have been an update:

go into Settings (click gears on steering wheel) -> Advanced Settings - >Vehicle -> Locks

In the door lock section is a feature called 'Inhibit Switch'.
It was checked. I never recall checking it. Once I unchecked it, the passenger side door handle responded to my touch to lock and unlock.

Let me know if this corrects it for you.
I think this option is for when you leave the windows down and you lock the car people cant unlock your door with the switch. I will search the owner's manual.
Sponsored