1-2 shift wig out?

Furiosa GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
So, my first ever run in this car the 1-2 shift cut all power like torque management or something kicked in and threw me forward. It didn't slip. I had it in drag mode with the traction and stability trac off. Track was so busy I only got 1 run in before I had to leave. Car is stock with some suspension mods. 27" tires up front, 26" drag radial out back. Only a 2.1 60ft as well with no felt loss of traction. Stood on it this morning in sport mode with the same setup and traction control off and it was fine. Just wondering if anyone experienced this?
Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Probably torque management. Has happened to me a few times on the stock tune. almost feels like the brakes come on for a sec

OP
OP
Furiosa GT

Furiosa GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Probably torque management. Has happened to me a few times on the stock tune. almost feels like the brakes come on for a sec
This is exactly how it felt. Well, I was only really trying to get a stock baseline anyway. LTH headers and E85 tune are happening next week. Thanks for replying and now I know for sure.

Helios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen3 Coyote
I never got the drag mode to work fine either, the 1-2 shift is the culprit it cuts power like it hit a wall. And the TC is turn off

Id like to use it but only usage i found good for is for roll racing. I always have better hooking from dig with sport+ or track mode

I have an a10 with the pp1 package

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I had this issue a few times and, after logging, we discovered that it bumped the rev limiter just before the shift. They rev VERY quickly in first gear and sometimes the RPM gets ahead of the transmission's ability to make the shift.

It is important to have the transmission fluid fully warmed up. However, we cured it by having the tuner raise the rev limit a couple hundred rpm so there is a greater spread between the shift point and rev limiter.

Sponsored

SoFla2016PP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP M6
Exact same thing happened to me at the track. Pissed me off, ran a 14.9 at 107. Probably spent a second trying to figure out what happened and just shifted to second.

OP
OP
Furiosa GT

Furiosa GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Exact same thing happened to me at the track. Pissed me off, ran a 14.9 at 107. Probably spent a second trying to figure out what happened and just shifted to second.
Damn, that must have been a hell of a delay. Mine still ran a 12.6 @116 but it pissed me off because I don't know how much better it could have done on a clean run and I didn't have time for another pass. Now that I am modded I don't have a good stock baseline to go off of.

SoFla2016PP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP M6
Damn, that must have been a hell of a delay. Mine still ran a 12.6 @116 but it pissed me off because I don't know how much better it could have done on a clean run and I didn't have time for another pass. Now that I am modded I don't have a good stock baseline to go off of.
yeah I have a stock 2016, corsa exhaust only but I was looking down to see if the traction control light came on since I had it in track mode, saw nothing then just looked back up said F it this run is blown and went to second. That’s a solid pass you made with that happening!
Sponsored