Sponsored

19 GT350 1500 miles - Got CEL - Camshaft Positioning Sensor..

3Cobras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Auto 3.55s
Hello everyone. Happy owner of 2019 Race Red/ loaded GT350. Bought / stole the car Brand new from a WI dealer at $9k UNDER sticker.. Had been looking all around for a 19 or a 20 for months. Came across this one and had to pull the trigger. Drove the car all the way back home to Orlando with my son as a road trip. Broke the car in properly along the way. Car has been very fun and different form any car I have owned before ( BMW M cars, 3 diff 03 Cobras, 355 Spider, Viper , 98 Saleen White 351 R code 321, etc).

It's certainly not the fastest or quickest, but it has a unique driving quality. The looks that I get from the Race Red and black stripes along with the sound of the car is amazing. Fun car.. Until..

Earlier this week, I was backing the car up in my garage. I was setting up the Fordpass app just idling. The car started to idle up and down 500 to 1k , 500 to 1k over and over. I got video of this. CEL came on. I check code - it's P0365 B Bank 1 malfunction. Researched and saw that this code can be due to improper connection or crimped wire, low voltage etc.
At this point, honestly I was really pissed. 1500 miles on car - 95% of that was trip down to ORL from WI -- and I have a CEL. SO - I wait until the car cooled down - popped open hood, and I started looking at the 8 different Cam sensors. From my research, it looked like Bank 1 and the "-B" meant Passenger side and exhaust cam sensor. So I feel around in the back of the head - and what I felt was definitely the cam sensor.. I wiggled it a little to see if it was loose - all felt ok, and then - I tried pushing down on it to see if it was loose that way - and VIOLLA -- I was able to push down on the connector and got a definite positive CLICK! I couldn't believe it. Whoever put on the engine harness - never pushed all the way down on the connector for that cam sensor. I quickly checked the others and all others seem to be fine.

I still have the CEL as it has not been cleared out yet ( some say it may just erase itself after 40 miles?? ) but the idle is perfect now - no issues at all. these cars are finicky man.. Sensors EVERYWHERE.

Just to be sure all is ok I am taking it in to dealership and having them scan again to make sure all is well.

I'll let you guys know what I here.

So far anyone who reads this - it's probably a good idea to double check your cam sensors and make sure the connectors to the sensors are pushed in all the way.
Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Where’s your “That Was Easy” button?

Welcome. Congrats on the car and easy fix. Quality control issues are a hit or miss with these cars.... Owner tolerance to them are variable.

Glad you had a nice trip w your son.

OP
OP

3Cobras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Auto 3.55s
Where’s your “That Was Easy” button?

Welcome. Congrats on the car and easy fix. Quality control issues are a hit or miss with these cars.... Owner tolerance to them are variable.

Glad you had a nice trip w your son.

Thank you man. Yea - I think I got lucky on this , at least I hope. :)

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R''Ken'' 2016 GT350 2020 GT "Mollie"
Few years back on my 2016 at about 1k miles I got a CEL on the freeway when I arrived home I ran the code and it was for a thermostat stuck open I cleared it and it never came back