Sponsored

Official GT350 Track Attack Attendance Thread

nodonut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
1966 A code Fastback GT (wish I still had it), 2014 Explorer Sport, 2013 FLHTK Harley, 2019 GT350.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Any new info from anyone who has just recently attended the course????
I was just there yesterday............ WOW, what a great time...!!!!!!!!
We avoided the scheduled rain and it stayed dry.

As far as the current COVID conditions/reactions, pilotgore's video is still accurate with a few differences.
A link to his video is below:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/i-made-a-little-video-from-track-attack.139717/

Difference #1:
When I arrived, we had to drive thru the building that pilotgore snuck into... they take your temperature first while you remain in your vehicle.

Difference #2:
Some of the access roads we drove were different since they did not use the bus.

Difference #3:
There was no interaction on the day before the driving experience. The reception dinner was cancelled.They did throw in some extra goodies in the departure goody bag.

Difference 4:
Lunch was pre-packaged and soggy... they did their best!

They do not require you to wear a mask. They do wear masks during most of the time in classroom settings, and they also wear masks when they are around us in the garage.

I would currently not recommend staying in the Embassy Suites since there is ZERO amenities. It is a GREAT hotel, but not even worth the discounted rate given the lack of anything. Billy Bob's Feed & Seed & Hotel currently offers more just down the road.......... find somewhere cheaper because you will have to travel to get ANY food!

You will NOT be disappointed with your Track Attack experience once you are there.
The lows DID NOT out-weigh the highs!
It was a great experience...!!!!!!!!!!

A few lessons I learned as a "newbie" as it relates to a 5-point harness
1. Don't leave the door open after you cinch yourself in and expect to reach the interior door handle in order to close it.
2. Leave the lap belt portion as loose as possible as you are trying to attach the shoulder belts... because if you tighten up the lap belt first, you can't see the shoulder belt connections due to the helmet visibility.

If you have any other questions about the facility and what I experienced due to COVID, feel free to contact me via PM and I can answer any questions based on my recent visit.

Ohh, and a shout out to "meterman" who was showing off his skills.

Last edited:

nodonut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
1966 A code Fastback GT (wish I still had it), 2014 Explorer Sport, 2013 FLHTK Harley, 2019 GT350.

As far as the current COVID conditions/reactions, pilotgore's video is still accurate with a few differences.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/i-made-a-little-video-from-track-attack.139717/

Difference #1:
When I arrived, we had to drive thru the building that pilotgore snuck into... they take your temperature first while you remain in your vehicle.

Difference #2:
Some of the access roads we drove were different since they did not use the bus.

Difference #3:
There was no interaction on the day before the driving experience. The reception dinner was cancelled.They did throw in some extra goodies in the departure goody bag.

Difference 4:

They do not require you to wear a mask. They do wear masks during most of the time in classroom settings, and they also wear masks when they are around us in the garage.

I would currently not recommend staying in the Embassy Suites since there is ZERO amenities. It is a GREAT hotel, but not even worth the discounted rate given the lack of anything. Billy Bob's Feed & Seed & Hotel currently offers more just down the road.......... find somewhere cheaper because you will have to travel to get ANY food!

You will NOT be disappointed with your Track Attack experience once you are there.

1. Don't leave the door open after you cinch yourself in and expect to reach the interior door handle in order to close it.
2. Leave the lap belt portion as loose as possible as you are trying to attach the shoulder belts... because if you tighten up the lap belt first, you can't see the shoulder belt connections due to the helmet visibility.

If you have any other questions about the facility and what I experienced due to COVID, feel free to contact me via PM and I can answer any questions based on my recent visit.

Awesome.
Thank you for ALL the feedback and advice.
Jess

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Some additional info I forgot to put in the previous post:

If you elected to do the "Race-Keeper HD Video System", I have a valuable piece of info... do not plug it in and leave it for the whole day.
They give you a 16G USB stick and it only records when the vehicle is moving, and it stops recording once the vehicle is traveling less than 5 mph for 2 seconds. The 16G drive will hold three hours of video & they said to just leave it in and it will record the entire day; this might have been based on pre-COVID sessions since we did not get bused back and forth to the garage.. we drove back and forth.

My last session did not record due to lack of space on the thumb drive. I would suggest removing the thumb drive for for the trips back and forth from the classroom to the track, or do not record some of the morning session... it's the afternoon you really want!

The exit where the Embassy Suites is located has about 40 restaurants and several other hotels; I would suggest staying at that location.

Once things get back to normal, my suggestions will no longer be valid.

Last edited:

Evil_E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR293
I'm scheduled for November 16-17. Can't wait, looking forward to learning all I can from the experience.

Sponsored

OH5GT 2 S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang Convertible, 2017 BMW X5, 2017 F150

Difference #1:

Difference #2:

Difference #3:

Difference 4:

What do you recommend wearing. I'll be there this week.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Shorts and a T-shirt.... Bring a change of clothes because you will sweat alot.

Shoes that assist in heel/toe exercises are a good idea.
If you have a GT500... You will NOT be doing the heel/toe exersise.

Reply or PM if you want additional info..

Last edited:

OH5GT 2 S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang Convertible, 2017 BMW X5, 2017 F150
Shorts and a T-shirt.... Bring a change of clothes because you will sweat alot.

Shoes that assist in heel/toe exercises are a good idea.
If you have a GT500... You will NOT be doing the heel/toe exersise.

Reply or PM if you want additional info..
Great info...thanks...I've got a GT350. It'll be my 1st time learning heel/toe. Should be interesting!

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Heel/towing is NOT hard to do, but the exersise they have you do does NOT help in learning how to do this in the morning session.
I struggled with the morning session heel/toe training, but nailed the track time heel/toe in the afternoon on the track....... If interested, PM me and we can discuss.

AZMach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
18gt350 19raptor 73mach1 68fastback 71&76broncos
This is what I received from Amie about my track days on 7/15 & 16.

Welcome Reception - Temporarily Suspended
i got the same email from Amie mine is 7/19&7/20. she said should get a update on 7/14, Doug i like your other mustang too!

Sponsored

72&18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
72 Mach 1, 72 F250 2wd, 18 GT350, 22 Bronco 2 Door
i got the same email from Amie mine is 7/19&7/20. she said should get a update on 7/14, Doug i like your other mustang too!
Thank you. Totally different than my 350, but I love driving it as well.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
I've got the email from Amie regarding "Complete Vehicle Damage Policy & Indemnity Agreement". What is the recommendations about pay $225 to take it or OPT out?

72&18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I've got the email from Amie regarding "Complete Vehicle Damage Policy & Indemnity Agreement". What is the recommendations about pay $225 to take it or OPT out?
I have decided to opt out. After watching and reading about others experiences, the follow the leader style seems to lend itself to very low risk. However, I have some experience on a track. If I was a first timer, I might consider it more.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Pay it and drive the car like you stole it. I got lucky and our GT500 Track Attack attendance was fairly low. There was one other driver and the instructor in my group. The instructor saw we could keep up and follow the line so he turned up the wick. After the initial session things got very fast. The GT500 allows power oversteer on corner exit which was a heck of a lot of fun. I might have been a bit more cautious if it was my own car.:)

The drag portion of our day got a little hairy at times due to the track not being used much. About halfway down the track things got a little squirrelly and just about everybody had a clenching moment there. Having the insurance, just in case, made it easier to keep your foot in it and to "power through" it.

72&18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Pay it and drive the car like you stole it. I got lucky and our GT500 Track Attack attendance was fairly low. There was one other driver and the instructor in my group. The instructor saw we could keep up and follow the line so he turned up the wick. After the initial session things got very fast. The GT500 allows power oversteer on corner exit which was a heck of a lot of fun. I might have been a bit more cautious if it was my own car.:)

The drag portion of our day got a little hairy at times due to the track not being used much. About halfway down the track things got a little squirrelly and just about everybody had a clenching moment there. Having the insurance, just in case, made it easier to keep your foot in it and to "power through" it.
Good advice, the GT350 class does not have the drag race portion unfortunately.
Sponsored