Sponsored

Defunding the Police - disbanding them

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
The problem, everybody thinks they are right.
The solution, everybody thinks their right
The result, everybody is right

WAR "We Are Right", stoled that from the TV show "Dinosaurs"
Sponsored

OP
OP
lateinthegame

lateinthegame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Who you gonna call is a tiny issue compared to the massive increases in things to call about. Cops don't just respond, the fact that they do respond deters crime. Take that away and the crimes will skyrocket.
I am going to call my two best friends to help me, Smith and Wesson.

upload_2020-6-13_9-31-1.png

OP
OP
lateinthegame

lateinthegame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
A lot of people forget police policy is shaped by politicians. Especially democrat ones. The police don't change because being "tough on crime" has been a political platform in America since forever, because its proven to get you votes. The problem is that being "tough on crime" means you need convictions to make it seem like you actually did what you said you would. So "tough on crime" becomes "tough on the poor" since they're the easiest to catch doing something wrong. Thats why I dont think this is a race issue. Plenty of whites have died by the police and nobody cared. Its actually a class issue. As income inequality continues to spiral in this country, shit like this is only going to get worse .
I saw this one reparations plan on the internet where the rich will give to the poor. It was for blacks only where every black person in America gets $850,000. That would solve all of the crime. Then no need for police, no need for low income housing, no need for welfare or workers, no need for jobs for blacks, they would have money for health care, food, they would have a car and they would be off of the streets, would not need mass transit, the list is long so I will stop now. It is a good plan though.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017: police killed 457 white people
2017: police killed 263 black people

2018: police killed 399 white people
2018: police killed 209 black people

2019: police killed 370 white people
2019: police killed 235 black people

2020: police killed 172 white people
2020: police killed 88 black people

The responses I'm reading on this board are an assurance to me America as I know it, is done. I give 7 years until we are under totalitarian rule.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I saw this one reparations plan on the internet where the rich will give to the poor. It was for blacks only where every black person in America gets $850,000. That would solve all of the crime. Then no need for police, no need for low income housing, no need for welfare or workers, no need for jobs for blacks, they would have money for health care, food, they would have a car and they would be off of the streets, would not need mass transit, the list is long so I will stop now. It is a good plan though.
How about no. No amount of hand outs will EVER be enough as long as these narratives continue to exist. If you need proof, just look at South Africa. Which is hard to do given the near media blackout about what's going on over there.

Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
2017: police killed 457 white people
2017: police killed 263 black people

2018: police killed 399 white people
2018: police killed 209 black people

2019: police killed 370 white people
2019: police killed 235 black people

2020: police killed 172 white people
2020: police killed 88 black people

The responses I'm reading on this board are an assurance to me America as I know it, is done. I give 7 years until we are under totalitarian rule.
Numbers tell part of the story, the other part is percentage of population of both races in the US. This is where the disproportion comes into play.

Definitely don’t want tolitarian rule, nor a pussified liberal overreach of daily life. If we can’t fix our issues with “America as we know it”, what does that say?

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Yea it's a great plan. I would turn around and rob them.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Numbers tell part of the story, the other part is percentage of population of both races in the US. This is where the disproportion comes into play.

Definitely don’t want tolitarian rule, nor a pussified liberal overreach of daily life. If we can’t fix our issues with “America as we know it”, what does that say?
I understand that, these figures do not include other ethical people
Blacks are somewhere around 13% of our population
The percentages of arrested people are listed pretty close equal in the statistics between whites and blacks, but what I did find unusual was the percentage of unknown was off the charts, uhmm I wonder why.

So the augments I'm hearing are black people are being arrested left and right, that they are being killed for being black, and that LEO is out to kill them, I'm I close?

So if the black and white population is pretty much equal in arrest and the statistics show more white people are getting killed by police. Ummm

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Yea it's a great plan. I would turn around and rob them.
You'll need to hurry. Aren't most lottery winners broke in no time? Don't know why this would be different.

But I'm not sure I'm against reparations. I assume it will include me as a descendant of a Union soldier who died freeing the slaves.

Sponsored
OP
OP
lateinthegame

lateinthegame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
You'll need to hurry. Aren't most lottery winners broke in no time? Don't know why this would be different.

But I'm not sure I'm against reparations. I assume it will include me as a descendant of a Union soldier who died freeing the slaves.
The article I read about reparations was for balance of wealth only. The other bill some want to pass for different reparations is for the coronavirus because blacks were in bad health and it killed more blacks. The Blacks will be the new wealthy class.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
The article I read about reparations was for balance of wealth only. The other bill some want to pass for different reparations is for the coronavirus because blacks were in bad health and it killed more blacks. The Blacks will be the new wealthy class.
Reparations have been discussed for over 100 years. Mainly by white people, by the way. It’s not happening so discussing it is kind of pointless.

So back to the police. Did you see what happened in Atlanta last night? I do not know whether the cops were justified or not. But the Atlanta chief of police resigned and the mayor already is on record by saying it was not justified. A rush to judgement? Maybe, considering the times.

We can discuss defunding, disbanding, reorganizing, reallocating all we want. Until the police stop reacting with guns and force nothing is going to change. Now I’m not saying that these actions might not be called for. But in that fraction of a second a police officer has to decide whether or not to use lethal force they have to consider the repercussions of doing so.

OP
OP
lateinthegame

lateinthegame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Reparations have been discussed for over 100 years. Mainly by white people, by the way. It’s not happening so discussing it is kind of pointless.

So back to the police. Did you see what happened in Atlanta last night? I do not know whether the cops were justified or not. But the Atlanta chief of police resigned and the mayor already is on record by saying it was not justified. A rush to judgement? Maybe, considering the times.

We can discuss defunding, disbanding, reorganizing, reallocating all we want. Until the police stop reacting with guns and force nothing is going to change. Now I’m not saying that these actions might not be called for. But in that fraction of a second a police officer has to decide whether or not to use lethal force they have to consider the repercussions of doing so.
America could disarm the police like in England, which they did so long ago. Would that stop crime?

OP
OP
lateinthegame

lateinthegame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
America could disarm the police like in England, which they did so long ago. Would that stop crime?
If we disarm the police we also have to disarm the public. So no it will not stop crime.

I guess California is going to give some reparations, maybe.
Well it is California. :)
A proposal to establish a task force to study and prepare recommendations for how to give reparations to African Americans passed the California Assembly on Thursday.

I wouldn’t hold my breath that this goes anywhere.
Sponsored